Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland u20s 6 Nations and World Championahip 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Last few phases in defense there, our hooker was still making tackles, bouncing back, getting back in the line and making another tackle. Chap had 80 minutes played and was still full of energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Will there be extended highlights of this anywhere? Doesn’t seem to be getting played again on Sky Mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Had a look out of curiosity and it turns out in the 16 years of the tournament France have come second 10 times. They’ve won three others.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Excellent squad, simply excellent.

The world champs in Italy this summer must be a legitimate goal.

Noel McNamara is working wonders in that set up. The last two U20's squads have been incredibly coached. Huge step up from the Mike Ruddock days when everything was much sloppier.

Not going to make predictions about the tournament this summer though. I remember thinking we'd go far last year when after we won the U20 GS. That particular side had a stronger pool of players than this one. Penney, Byrne, Hodnett, Hawkshaw, Turner and Baird were all incredible. Then the majority got injured and played no part in the world championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Garfin

Anyone find highlights of this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Lads ..... c'mon, post it for me. Ye heathen fecks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,824 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Irish rugby TV on YouTube might have highlights at some point but Against the Head defo will on Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Here are a couple of teaser trailers from Murray Kinsella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Ugh. Not available here!!
    Thanks anyway

You really need to get someone to setup a VPN for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Ugh. Not available here!!
    Thanks anyway

I’ll PM you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Last few phases in defense there, our hooker was still making tackles, bouncing back, getting back in the line and making another tackle. Chap had 80 minutes played and was still full of energy.

I'm being curmudgeonly, but Stewart replaced McKee on 55 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭launish116

I'm being curmudgeonly, but Stewart replaced McKee on 55 minutes.

Think McKee might of came back on for McCann following HIA.

It's been a fantastic run under McNamara! Although injuries ruined the world cup!
    The lads coming through this year and last year have been extraordinary. Tons of potential!
    Some years the talent just isn't there. I don't know what the percentage is for u20's moving up to senior players, but last years crop and this years look great!
    It's been a joy to watch! We've beaten England 3 times over 2 seasons! That's amazing.
    I reckon some of these boys will be featuring for the provinces fairly soon. For Ulster I think McCann will be a stalwart. I really like Stewart too! Hyde looks like a serious prospect!
    Connacht also have some prime talent over the last couple of seasons! Tierney Martin and Murray from last year and McNulty this year. Murray is already capped at provincial level!
    Munster from last year Wren and Casey, and Ahern this year. Ahern will be in the senior set up soon!
    Leinster from a year ago, Hawkshaw and Turner, with Ryan and Maloney and this year Clarkson ,O'Brien and Smith!
    Jesus, we are looking good for the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

Just on Smith, he goes into tackles with his hands and tries to pull players down by their jerseys. As a result he misses a high amount of opponents when defending and tries to rely on his pace to let them go past and then pull them down.

That simply won’t do in professional rugby you have to tackle with your shoulder. I’d suggest if he has dodgy shoulders he gets the op done on both of them even if they have not popped yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭briandebum

The scary thing about this U20s team is just the mobility & skills of the forwards. Just great to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Is the full game up anywhere? Have read the first half especially was brilliant, would love to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

prawnsambo wrote: »

That's last year's game

That's last year's game
    Apologies for that. Here they are. Can't embed it here unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭typhoony

Granny15 wrote: »
    Just on Smith, he goes into tackles with his hands and tries to pull players down by their jerseys. As a result he misses a high amount of opponents when defending and tries to rely on his pace to let them go past and then pull them down.

That simply won’t do in professional rugby you have to tackle with your shoulder. I’d suggest if he has dodgy shoulders he gets the op done on both of them even if they have not popped yet.

he's the one serious talent in this years team, any bad technique he has can be coached out of him, he has 2 key ingredients pace and the ability to create space when there is no obvious space

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

typhoony wrote: »
    he's the one serious talent in this years team, any bad technique he has can be coached out of him, he has 2 key ingredients pace and the ability to create space when there is no obvious space

Wholeheartedly disagree on Smith being the only serious talent. Ahern has been the stand out in this Championship. He’s incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

To say Smith is the only serious talent in this squad is bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Today's news is such a pity for this U20s side. They've been glorious to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Today's news is such a pity for this U20s side. They've been glorious to watch.

What happens to the game ? Will it be replayed or written as a draw ?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭antietam1

Don't think they mentioned the u20s on Saturday, nice for the lads to be talked about on against the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

What happens to the game? Will it be replayed or written as a draw?
    Same as mens I imagine but should be easier to rearrange then mens game. Could be played in may as world championship warm up maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Same as mens I imagine but should be easier to rearrange then mens game. Could be played in may as world championship warm up maybe?

Bummer for the lads if they do beat France, would assume it would still count as a slam but wont have the same feeling for them as it would have...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭typhoony

To say Smith is the only serious talent in this squad is bonkers.

time will tell, just my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

typhoony wrote: »
    time will tell, just my opinion.
    But it is a bit ridiculous to say just one player is a "serious talent".

Advertisement