Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby Championship 2019 chat

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,822 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

If James Lowe was playing in NZ right now he’d be starting ahead of Reece, I reckon.

Maybe, however 22 yo Sevu Reece is better than 22 yo James Lowe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

Fancy Australia here to do a smash and grab. The k train and Kerevi to bust them open . Naisirani and Lukhan to give the back row long needed ballast.

9/4 worth a tickle at the price. Faf and the rest of the first teamers are down in Wellington already.

If James Lowe was playing in NZ right now he’d be starting ahead of Reece, I reckon.

If he couldn't get selected ahead of an under par and overweight Julian Savea he was never getting in.

Blight on the game. Local tv producer wants the try chalked off

did the same to Sevu Reece a while back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

South Africa's 12 has been dreadful. Knock ons, kicks out on the full then a yellow for a high tackle.

• Advertisement

was that grounded ? jeez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Really rate DHP as a player. But that's a terrible mistake to make. Knock on over the try line.

Clegg wrote: »
    Really rate DHP as a player. But that's a terrible mistake to make. Knock on over the try line.

Need to dive on it and slide. Easy to say from from the couch but that was an open goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Nic White's a very tidy player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Australia are utterly reliant on Kerevi for go forward ball.

There are a lot of worrying signs in this game from an Irish perspective. That Bok Blitz is monstrous.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,822 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Strange game where Australia are living off scraps but should actually be leading.

Esterheuizen has been crap.... Most of what he touches turns to sh!te.

Loue has been immense. Bokke really need pollard at 10 as Elton isn't a test class out half.

troyzer wrote: »
    Australia are utterly reliant on Kerevi for go forward ball.

There are a lot of worrying signs in this game from an Irish perspective. That Bok Blitz is monstrous.

True but offside all day. Needs to be policed the world over.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

He wouldn’t be in the abs squad never mind starting, Lowe is a left winger only and is neither near the level of reiko or as good as George bridge.. playing for an under par chiefs squad this year aswell wouldn’t of helped

Thats a rubbish call. Bok player did the same .

Australia so wasteful/unlucky today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I can see Australia losing to the Pumas.

I can see Australia losing to the Pumas.

If they went 0/3 or 0/4 if you include Bledisloe 2 would you sack Cheika pre world cup as a gamble or plough on?

NeonWolf wrote: »
    If they went 0/3 or 0/4 if you include Bledisloe 2 would you sack Cheika pre world cup as a gamble or plough on?

I'm not sure if Cheika is as big a part of the problem to be honest as much as the players he has available to him. The squad is made up of a lot of players who aren't playing anywhere near like they used to.

It's also probably way too short of a turnaround to the world cup to even think about getting someone in when all of the game plans etc would already be drafted etc for September, it's only 2 months away now.

I think regardless of how they do at the WC, barring an appearance in the final he has to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

I'm not sure if Cheika is as big a part of the problem to be honest as much as the players he has available to him. The squad is made up of a lot of players who aren't playing anywhere near like they used to.

It's also probably way too short of a turnaround to the world cup to even think about getting someone in when all of the game plans etc would already be drafted etc for September, it's only 2 months away now.

I think regardless of how they do at the WC, barring an appearance in the final he has to go.

Who would you say isn’t playing anywhere near what they were? Genia has never rediscovered his form from 11-13. Foley is playing behind a pack that is always being dominated. No Folau or Pocock. Just simply don’t have the players anymore. Out of that team that started today I’d say only Hooper and Kerevi would start for Ireland or even Wales and England. They always have the odd big performance against ABs but wouldn’t surprise me if Fiji beat them first up in WC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

The **** was that? About 90 verses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Should that not be a penalty against Barrett for intentional knock on? Argentina had man over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Lucas44 wrote: »
    He wouldn’t be in the abs squad never mind starting, Lowe is a left winger only and is neither near the level of reiko or as good as George bridge.. playing for an under par chiefs squad this year aswell wouldn’t of helped

Lowe has definitely played across the back 3 for the Chiefs. He’s also playing substantially better for Leinster than he was for the Chiefs, and he was very good for them. I look at Reece and see an incredibly talented finisher, whereas Lowe makes as many as he scores.

It’s all a moot point anyway, under different circumstances Lowe could be playing today against Argentina while Reece was starting preseason with Connacht.

Try time Laumape

no arms in a lot of these argentina tackles.knee choppers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Game over

The All Blacks trademark. Score right before halftime and straight after the second half kick off and bury their hopes and dreams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Gardner has been poor, rucks a ****show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

AR watches Savea walk around the side of the ruck and pull the Puma player off the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Simo08

Both teams looking tired, Scrappy enough game.

Matera an absolute beast of a player

• Advertisement

AR watches Savea walk around the side of the ruck and pull the Puma player off the ball.

Pulled the puma player off the ball, as he's standing in front of the scrum half blocking the ruck. Breakdown has been a disaster all game.

Advertisement