Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswomen refuse to condemn brutal attack on ICE facility.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sir Guy who smiles

The so-called Right Wing seem to be far more intelligent than those on the left.

If the word "racist" hadn't been invented the liberal dummies would have an even smaller vocabulary.

Yes, "libtard" is such an elegant and witty insult, and not at all overused by these right wingers with their giant vocabularies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

splashuum wrote: »
    The watch isn't the issue people are having here. The issue is her fake "bawling" at a border car-park in what was blatantly a (hugely embarrassing) publicity stunt. :pac:

Seeing as the article's headline begins "AOC criticised for wearing $600 watch" you can see why people might have that impression though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Is 600 dollars a lot to pay for a watch, id have thought not really if you were into watches, her car is probably worh multiple times that, are we to stop buying expensive stuff in solidarity with the less fortunate

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

VinLieger wrote: »
    No why do you care about what a us congresswoman does or doesnt say? How does it affect you?

I care about humanity and fairness. Why do you care so much about how it affects me? Quite bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I care about humanity and fairness. Why do you care so much about how it affects me? Quite bizarre.

Awww kiddo..... thats a pathetic attempt at trolling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Everybody have a look at the other "news" there, just so you know what you're dealing with in this thread.

Is 600 dollars a lot to pay for a watch, id have thought not really if you were into watches, her car is probably worh multiple times that, are we to stop buying expensive stuff in solidarity with the less fortunate

Most peoples cars are worth multiple times their watches? You can get a watch for €10, the cheapest car must what, a few hundred?

At the risk of getting sidetracked...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Yes, "libtard" is such an elegant and witty insult, and not at all overused by these right wingers with their giant vocabularies.

I don't recall using the word libtard.

I prefer "liberal halfwit"..they are invariably on the stupid side.
    I mean why else would a middle class white person embrace people and ideas that view them as an enemy?

Pusilanimous cretins to a man..(or whatever nomenclature they invent for themselves..20 made up genders to choose from)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved from AH > CA

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭isohon

I am so grateful to the hero who lost his life attacking the fascist enablers in ICE. His sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Willem Van Spronsen, rest in peace and power.

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
    He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
    He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword:
    His truth is marching on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

klaaaz wrote: »
    Daily Caller and Rebelnewsonline are propaganda outlets for the American conservative right wingers. You quoted their Twitter feed.
    They may be but this is now starting to look like an effective election strategy for Trump! Can see all the attack ads with AOC front and centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

AOC and Trump have more in common than either of them would like to admit. They're both over simplistic loudmouths who appeal to the lowest common denominator on their respective teams while the the vast middle ground look on with impatience. They are also products of eachother; Trump would never have won if it werent for people like AOC and AOC owes the high profile she enjoys entirely to the fact that Trump is president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Who told her to go back to her own country? Can you provide evidence of this?

The Commander in chaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

I mean why else would a middle class white person embrace people and ideas that view them as an enemy?

Pusilanimous cretins to a man..(or whatever nomenclature they invent for themselves..20 made up genders to choose from)

I think you're bundling a whole load of buzzwords and labels under one "liberal" umbrella.
    Personally I don't know anyone who views me as an enemy... Bit paranoid.

You are a fine example of the Right wing American move to marginalise the opinions and views of those different to your own. Instead of tackling issues and opinions, opting for putting people you disagree with in a box and then consigning any difficult issue or opinion to that box. It's gone full circle on itself, a parody if you will. It started out slick but hasn't aged well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

The Commander in chaps.

Might be better for all concerned if she did.

Might be better for all concerned if she did.

I think he still self identifies as Mr. Trump.

I think he still self identifies as Mr. Trump.

I can understand why you might have gotten confused, so to clarify, l meant that Cortez wan.

I can understand why you might have gotten confused, so to clarify, l meant that Cortez wan.

I got that. Was doing the aul' switcharoo on ya ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Most peoples cars are worth multiple times their watches? You can get a watch for €10, the cheapest car must what, a few hundred?

At the risk of getting sidetracked...

So whats your point

• Advertisement

I got that. Was doing the aul' switcharoo on ya ;)

Ah, I see what you attempted to do now. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭isohon

Horse riders wear chaps... They ride them when riding beasts to their own advantage.

isohon wrote: »
    Horse riders wear chaps... They ride them when riding beasts to their own advantage.

What about yer man from the village people? The Indian?

What about yer man from the village people? The Indian?

Native American, who Trump probably want's to go back to were he came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

AOC is fascinating to watch, politically. Every time she opens her mouth we get a new lesson in stupidity and ignorance. Luckily I’m older and won’t be around to see someone like AOC run America into the ground, if the likes of her are our future. Feel sorry for my kids, though.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

notobtuse wrote: »
    AOC is fascinating to watch, politically. Every time she opens her mouth we get a new lesson in stupidity and ignorance. Luckily I’m older and won’t be around to see someone like AOC run America into the ground, if the likes of her are our future. Feel sorry for my kids, though.

You could say that about most politicians though.

You could say that about most politicians though.
    Even Congressman Hank Johnson (D) who in a congressional hearing thought that due to overpopulation on a military base, that Guam might tip over and capsize, isn’t as bad as AOC.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

But it is over used by right wingers, who you claimed are smarter than left wingers because of their larger vocabulary.

And I am entitled to lump you in with other right wingers who do use it, because you lumped all left wingers in together and assume they all believe in the exactly the same things.

notobtuse wrote: »

She's the best thing to happen politically for the American people in many many years.
    The old Liberal guard need to go. The Republicans have no ethics and are only out for themselves as shown by their backing of the racist Trump.

• Advertisement

She's the best thing to happen politically for the American people in many many years.
    The old Liberal guard need to go.
    I think over 90% of Americans might disagree with that.

Advertisement