Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

kingstevii wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to the crosbie maguire phone call?

Heard it before. Crosbie just winding him up asking him to go for a walk and the like. Horrible accent that Louth one. Hard to listen to.

Looks like the traveller faction finally got off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Anyone got a link to the crosbie maguire phone call?

Watched that when it came out but can't find it since.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kingstevii

Heard it before. Crosbie just winding him up asking him to go for a walk and the like. Horrible accent that Louth one. Hard to listen to.

Yea, heard it before, trying to get it for a mate in work.. Was good, he wound him up something vicious

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Yea, heard it before, trying to get it for a mate in work.. Was good, he wound him up something vicious

I just think he sounded like a complete and utter ****ing clown to be honest. Taught maguire was nice and calm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Its a scumbag drogheda accent. Its an accent on its own, you have to be an absolute scumbag with haaaadman tendancies to develop it.

Sure did. He sounded nervous to me though. No doubt off his nut on the marching powder. Maguire didn't cut him off though and let him taunt him. Gave a bit back too. The hatred was pretty evident.

The futility of feuds. Before beginning a cycle of revenge one should dig two graves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

The futility of feuds. Before beginning a cycle of revenge one should dig two graves.

Absolutely spot on. This is really gonna kick things off now I'd say. Drogheda is gonna be on lockdown for weeks now.

And on it goes. Only more blood and tears to be shed. The cycle of needless tit for tat. One upsmanship. The perpetuity of violence. The deadly sin of pride. Where even winners are losers. If even there ever is a winner. Wasted lives where even the living are dead inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭Homer

And on it goes. Only more blood and tears to be shed. The cycle of needless tit for tat. One upsmanship. The perpetuity of violence. The deadly sin of pride. Where even winners are losers. If even there ever is a winner. Wasted lives where even the living are dead.

Those lot shooting each other.. one winner.. society!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Aaaaaand we're back!

Surpised that Drogheda feud has been so quiet lately.
    Considering the level of violence that happened up there a few months ago.
    Took a break for the fleadh

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

What's the backstory here...
    Two Boylan brothers and their cronies (non travellers) vs Maguires (travellers)?

And a horrendous accent to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

Hoboo wrote: »
    We need a permanent fleadh

A cease fleadh!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

Would this be a retaliation for Maguire?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Is the guy shot the guy who was making the phone call to the lad in the wheelchair in that YouTube video?

mada82 wrote: »
    Would this be a retaliation for Maguire?

Not really, its not tit for tat.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Is the guy shot the guy who was making the phone call to the lad in the wheelchair in that YouTube video?

No. That was Paul Crosby.

PieOhMy wrote: »

No wasn't him.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

kingstevii wrote:

Nah, he ended up making a fool of himself, Maguire didn't take the bait at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

No. That was Paul Crosby.

Who's side is he on, and is this the same feud that the Price chap is involved in?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Who's side is he on, and is this the same feud that the Price chap is involved in?

Crosby was with the Maguires (Travellers). Him and the young lads grew up and had enough of being the corner boys. Price is with the Maguires.

Eye in the sky circling over moneymore last while,.can see it from Clarke's.

Crosby was with the Maguires (Travellers). Him and the young lads grew up and had enough of being the corner boys. Price is with the Maguires.

Eye in the sky circling over moneymore last while,.can see it from Clarke's.

Thanks for explaining, it's a complex situation to understand!

So basically the Maguires and Price (both traveller's?) are fighting with the Boylans (who Crosby has aligned with after starting off with the opposite side)?

There must be some money to be made in drugs all the same or are these lads just all wild anyway?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Thanks for explaining, it's a complex situation to understand!

So basically the Maguires and Price (both traveller's?) are fighting with the Boylans (who Crosby has aligned with after starting off with the opposite side)?

There must be some money to be made in drugs all the same or are these lads just all wild anyway?

Money in drugs? Where have you been the last 50 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steviewinger

So which side got shot I wonder? maguire (travellers) or Crosby's side.

Money in drugs? Where have you been the last 50 years?

Drogheda just never struck me as a place big enough to have a market for rival drug gangs to be shooting each other.

The thing that surprises me is there isa lot of people obviously willing to part with their hard earned cash to these low life scum in return for what they hope to be'proper' drugs. I wouldn't believe a word out of these travellers mouths let alone give them money. How are these lads making money. Filthy.

So which side got shot I wonder? maguire (travellers) or Crosby's side.

I haven't a clue.

Drogheda just never struck me as a place big enough to have a market for rival drug gangs to be shooting each other.

Me neither to be fair. Not of this notoriety anyway. Doesn't seem to be that many involved though. I'd be surprised if its not nipped in the bud over the next year or so. It's nowhere near as bad as Limerick i would imagine and the old bill finished that up eventually.

• Advertisement

The thing that surprises me is there isa lot of people obviously willing to part with their hard earned cash to these low life scum in return for what they hope to be'proper' drugs. I wouldn't believe a word out of these travellers mouths let alone give them money. How are these lads making money. Filthy.

Thing is also these people see nothing wrong with driving to certain parts of town to buy what ever for their Saturday night and don't give it a second thought. When in reality they are directly contributing to the problems in these places. I've seen drugs be openly dealt in Drogheda regularly, one particular car park at a leisure centre is a hive of activity on Fridays. You get kids as young as 14-15 ride up to a parked car on a bike and business is done in seconds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement