Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Kilboor wrote: »
    This is nearly cheapomaniacs territory

Yzc1YTQxNTI1Y2ViYjNlMDgxMzYwYjdhNTE4ZDVlOWTe5d_9awpNUsQ6yT7xZsnuaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTQ3Nzk3Mzl8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

2007 2.0 Petrol Nissan X-Trail with NCT to April 2021 and Tax until November. 130000 miles

€650

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nct4-21-tax11-20-driving-as-new-only130k-2-0petrol/25753890

What am I missing here?

35 mpg!!! My hole!! The diesel wouldn't do that. You'd be lucky to get into the 20's doing town driving. Grand yoke for someone doing about 80km a week..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I knew a fella who had a petrol auto, years ago, and he told me it used to get something like 16 mpg in town. Don't know how accurate that number is, but by all accounts it was an alcoholic anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gussieg

how good are old automatics? and do they cost a fortune to repair if they do go wrong? that corolla is an automatic, but also looking at a micra automatic. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

Cheap tax 08 focus short nct 11/20 but tax til january all for €950.

Im going for a gander at it tomorrow!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-ford-focus-zetec-tdci/25755958

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

^ That actually seems clean for one of them. More often than not the saloons end up manky for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

Cheap tax 08 focus short nct 11/20 but tax til january all for €950.

Im going for a gander at it tomorrow!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-ford-focus-zetec-tdci/25755958

Its Sold, seller wouldnt let me view it last night but told me i could be first to look today, he showed it to some one else at 11am and they bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

Its Sold, seller wouldnt let me view it last night but told me i could be first to look today, he showed it to some one else at 11am and they bought it.

Cars like that don't hang around long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I'm amazed it's still running.

Bad yokes?

• Advertisement

Your Face wrote: »
    Bad yokes?

Reliable, Diesel and Mazda don't go together.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Well, it has managed 188,000 km so far.

Well, it has managed 188,000 km so far.

That's why I said I'm amazed it's still running...

Would you buy one or an insignia of that era.... wouldn't....

Mazda are nice in petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Reliable, Diesel and Mazda. You can only choose 2 of these things

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

That's why I said I'm amazed it's still running...

Would you buy one or an insignia of that era.... wouldn't....

Mazda are nice in petrol.

Particularly with fewer seats, and a soft top.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

That's a classical.pick two out of three...

You might get a reliable Mazda, reliable diesel or diesel Mazda...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭con747

Just posted this on a classic thread, Cheap classic run around, 1986 Nissan Micra €950 https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-...micra/25540526

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭3d4life

Particularly with fewer seats, and a soft top.

Yup, the less Mazda the better :P

3d4life wrote: »
    Yup, the less Mazda the better :P

Well, such a car is fantastic. It was reported as the most reliable sports model in the UK recently.
    Most reliable coupe cars

1. Mazda MX-5 – 2005 – 2015
    Heading the top of the tables when it comes to sports cars, is the MX-5, naturally. Not only is it the most iconic roadster ever built, but thanks to its Japanese roots, it’s the most reliable sports cars.

2009 Mazda MX-5
    Fun and extremely reliable, the MX-5 ticks all the boxes.
    Scoring just 18, the MX-5 has an average repair cost of £202, with an off the road time of 1.2 hours. The models in the index were on average 5.2 years old and had nearly 32,000 miles on them.

Again, the area with the most significant faults was the suspension with 30% of problem reported, followed closely by the braking system. Electrical and then engine are next, with the rest of the issues spread across the steering, fuel system, gearbox and air-con.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Well, such a car is fantastic. It was reported as the most reliable sports model in the UK recently.

AHH jaysus the MX 5 is really done to death at this stage... They're the preserve of rotund baldy aul fellas nowadays. ( I'm a rotund baldy aul fella in case anyone asks)

I don't have and never will have an MX5.

• Advertisement

CoBo55 wrote: »
    AHH jaysus the MX 5 is really done to death at this stage... They're the preserve of rotund baldy aul fellas nowadays. ( I'm a rotund baldy aul fella in case anyone asks)

I don't have and never will have an MX5.

Well, I have a soft spot for soft tops. [See what I did there :)]

This Japanese one is the best for me, and I have had a few soft tops over the years. I even had three at the same time.

Unfortunately, I doubt that they qualify for bangernomics - not cheap enough, tax too dear, and insurance cost too high. However, on the fun scale, they would be near the top.

Here is one that might qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,430 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This Japanese one is the best for me, and I have had a few soft tops over the years. I even had three at the same time.

Unfortunately, I doubt that they qualify for bangernomics - not cheap enough, tax too dear, and insurance cost too high. However, on the fun scale, they would be near the top.

Nordy reg though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

An mx5 without pop up lights isn’t a proper mx5.

An mx5 without pop up lights isn’t a proper mx5.

Not allowed any more - pedestrian hazard. My MX5 is definitely a proper MX5 - it says so on the back. It's an ND, and it is red - so definitely a genuine MX5.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/09-skoda-fabia-1-4tdi-nct-4-21-taxed-9-20/25697707

NjdhYzQ2ZDcyYmI2MDQ2ZDg0YTJhMzYyNjFiZjJlOGVju7J_hAUIEul79uLAZIs3aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTQzMDczMzN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Cheap tax 1.4 TDI, NCT til April 2021, bit of tax, same owner the last 2 years, €1950

Not glamorous, but cheap motoring

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Not allowed any more - pedestrian hazard. My MX5 is definitely a proper MX5 - it says so on the back. It's an ND, and it is red - so definitely a genuine MX5.

God, serious answer there for a post in jest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Since we are talking reliability....

Here's a limited edition 2008 1.6 Alfa 147 Collezione for 999 quid

NCT to January and tax to end of the month.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/08-alfa-romeo-147-nct-01-21-tax-08-20/25777256

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

They're not really pedestrians though if they're hitching a ride on your bonnet.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-x-type-sport-2-0d-estate/25727334

NzFhZDQwMGNlMmNhNWRmODlhYTI1ZWRkZjMwYzM1NzS8KtOSGegdiOF1jbXD6cihaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTQ1NjY2NjJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice looking diesel X type estate, tested til February, wisp of tax, €900

This looks nice and is near me. Tempted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Lads seeking to buy a decent reliable runaround budget 1.5 - 2k

Petrol or diesel

Preferably Dublin based seller.

Appreciate the help.

Great thread!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement