Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Same owner for the last 14 years.

I cant see that changing anytime soon, for any money. If it looks rougher than a badgers ar$e in the photos, I shudder to think what it looks likes up close!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Such a shame it's a 1.6 while pretty reliable they're a bit of a dog. No power and alcoholics.

The 2.0 4x4 ones with the low box are a great yoke. Gone pretty scarce the last few years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

If anyone is actually interested in that X type feel free to drop me a pm about it. I’m not going to divulge publicly here anything about the car but I would say to anyone thinking about it, pay 30 quid for a history check

A fine car nonetheless and seller is fine too IME

Just out of interest, why the reluctance to disclose what you know about the history of the car here?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I don’t think it necessary or right to slate a man’s car on a public forum when 99% of readers will have no interest in the car in the first place and will only start calling him a cowboy and a conman etc.

It’s one thing highlighting the fake ads from our lovely ethnic minority on the thread, but I don’t see the need to slate a car that is being sold by a man trying to earn a living

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/kia-sorento-2005-gse-model/24233655?campaign=3

ZWUxYjFlODQ1N2FhNTdmOTBiNTM0MmQ3YWFjYmEyMDbZbrKSnnCWwzp4QEGK0efVaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDIxMzQ2MDR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

1 owner Sorrento, low miles, taxed til April and NCT'd til October, €1500

This is very appealing. I'd say its a gem in the flesh too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/kia-sorento-2005-gse-model/24233655?campaign=3

ZWUxYjFlODQ1N2FhNTdmOTBiNTM0MmQ3YWFjYmEyMDbZbrKSnnCWwzp4QEGK0efVaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDIxMzQ2MDR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

1 owner Sorrento, low miles, taxed til April and NCT'd til October, €1500

This is very appealing. I'd say its a gem in the flesh too
    Looks spotless tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Looks spotless tbh.

Looks like it's sold!

Looks like it's sold!
    Someone’s got a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

Ford cmax 2008
    1.8 petrol
    178k / km
    NCT - Sept 2020

Looking to trade my ford fiesta 1.2 - 2008?
    What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

'01 Lanos
    NCT June '20
    Tax May '20
    64k miles

Ready for road. Until May anyway!

Asking €425

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/daewoo-lanos-nct-6-20-tax5-20-only-64-000-miles/24149217

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

W123-80's wrote: »
    '01 Lanos
    NCT June '20
    Tax May '20
    64k miles

Ready for road. Until May anyway!

Asking €425

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/daewoo-lanos-nct-6-20-tax5-20-only-64-000-miles/24149217

Would you drive it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Would you drive it?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Would you drive it?

"this is the same size type of car as a focus ,golf, astra, almera, corolla but more popular on the road"

...if the road is in a Daewoo museum exhibition

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

FrankC21 wrote: »
    Ford cmax 2008
    1.8 petrol
    178k / km
    NCT - Sept 2020

Looking to trade my ford fiesta 1.2 - 2008?
    What do you think?

Not na easy car to sell today
    Should be reliable if properly serviced but very thirsty and heavy car
    I have the1.6 petrol and I like the handling and firm drive

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

I don’t think it necessary or right to slate a man’s car on a public forum when 99% of readers will have no interest in the car in the first place and will only start calling him a cowboy and a conman etc.

It’s one thing highlighting the fake ads from our lovely ethnic minority on the thread, but I don’t see the need to slate a car that is being sold by a man trying to earn a living

Well I mean no one is asking you to slate it. You could disclose what you know about the car without slating it and its owner. You do what you think is right though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

What's the difference?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Very short test, probably a poor post tbh.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-beetle/24261490

NTcwZjI0MjY1MWJjNWU0ZGMxOGQxNTY4M2E3ZTY5MzIV114sJjHcFvvR5cG6C38DaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDIzNjIxNTN8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

But tis a car

What's the difference?

There’s nothing I hate more than muppets who haven’t a washer putting a car down behind the safety of a keyboard. I’m not going to give them ammo, but I’m happy enough to wind them up ;)

Very short test, probably a poor post tbh.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-beetle/24261490

NTcwZjI0MjY1MWJjNWU0ZGMxOGQxNTY4M2E3ZTY5MzIV114sJjHcFvvR5cG6C38DaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDIzNjIxNTN8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

But tis a car
    Ah, the good aul Lidl/Aldi/sh1te wheelcovers really sell the car in fairness!
    Looks tidy enough if that’s your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    Not na easy car to sell today
    Should be reliable if properly serviced but very thirsty and heavy car
    I have the1.6 petrol and I like the handling and firm drive

I want to upgrade to a bigger car than the fiesta, our baby is on the way and I am travelling from drogheda to dun laoghaire for work.

I know diesel car is suitable for that distance, but maintenance issues of diesel cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I want to upgrade to a bigger car than the fiesta, our baby is on the way and I am travelling from drogheda to dun laoghaire for work.

I know diesel car is suitable for that distance, but maintenance issues of diesel cars.

Renault Megane fluence or Laguna make sure they're markIII

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

Renault Megane fluence or Laguna make sure they're markIII

Yeah I agree even a scenic 1.5 dci better and economical than c max petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

What maintenance issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

If you don't mind a few dents, this won't break the bank.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-fabia-1-4-diesel-tdi-80bhp/24182388

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭themighty

A little over bangernomics, but local to you. Might be worth a look.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-laguna-2008-fresh-nct-01-21-warranty/23813138

If you don't mind a few dents, this won't break the bank.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-fabia-1-4-diesel-tdi-80bhp/24182388

Grand little car for that money.
    You’d probably pick up a rear d/s door n the right colour handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,148 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Grand little car for that money.
    You’d probably pick up a rear d/s door n the right colour handy enough.
    Could those dents be pulled out?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 73,446 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’d say this is the end product of prettying up the dents. Passenger side looks like it’s been resprayed too (not that it matters much at this price point)

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I’d say this is the end product of prettying up the dents. Passenger side looks like it’s been resprayed too (not that it matters much at this price point)
    Looks like somebody pushed the dent out from the inside with a brush handle!

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/only-26k-miles-rover/24268487

NTVkYTIxNmRjZjU3YTkyODg1OTg4NzE3ZGI5MzJjYzRspLjHpraPMXLQYrEqN0l3aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDI0MjUxMzV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

26k miles, NCT til September, €700

Love these! This looks tidy too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement