Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's Jewish community

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,056 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

I wish I was Jewish or Muslim. They seem like the two only half decent/interesting religions
    Your wish can become reality. You can convert to Judaism, and Islam positively welcomes converts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

You would be very incorrect.

Palestinians do not care about LGBT rights. Social justice.

They care about honor and their land.

Why are you such a blatant racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Final warning all. Stay on topic; or dont post again. They are your choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Darrenf1969

judging by the age of some of the post here this post may not get any reply but I will try does anyone know how I go about visiting the Jewish graveyard on Aughavanagh Road in Crumlin Dublin I live quite close to it and have done for over 40 years, the gates are always closed and it seems the phone numbers and email addresses I have are no longer in use

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

judging by the age of some of the post here this post may not get any reply but I will try does anyone know how I go about visiting the Jewish graveyard on Aughavanagh Road in Crumlin Dublin I live quite close to it and have done for over 40 years, the gates are always closed and it seems the phone numbers and email addresses I have are no longer in use

You could try asking someone in the Jewish Museum in Portobello about access.

https://www.visitdublin.com/see-do/details/irish-jewish-museum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I wish I was Jewish or Muslim. They seem like the two only half decent/interesting religions

....if you added them together would you end up with one decent one?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭ulster

AllForIt wrote: »

Nah they cancel each other out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Spent a week in Israel back in April.

Israeli women are the most attractive women on earth. There's no doubt in my mind. Gal Gadot is just an average looking Israeli over there.

You obviously haven't been to Lebanon or Iran.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

AllForIt wrote: »

Hope you do not like pork.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,892 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

They each hate other so keep it quiet.

• Advertisement

it seems this museum is only open on Sunday to enquire about visiting the cemetery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Hope you do not like pork.

Or Friday nights and Saturdays

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Thesiger

You obviously haven't been to Lebanon or Iran.

I’ve been to Israel, Lebanon, and Iran. I think they’re all quite evenly matched in this department, although Israeli women are more diverse lookswise due to coming from all over the place. I think Beirut as a city slightly edges it though. Armenia and Yerevan in particular are also very much in the same category.

I grew up in south Dublin with our lovely Jewish neighbours across the road. Always gave us a hearty Christmas greeting, attended all the funerals of the neighbours, very familiar figures in the churches. We learned about and respected their traditions. Lots of Jewish people in my district we were all at least on nodding terms with.

I grew up in south Dublin with our lovely Jewish neighbours across the road. Always gave us a hearty Christmas greeting, attended all the funerals of the neighbours, very familiar figures in the churches. We learned about and respected their traditions. Lots of Jewish people in my district we were all at least on nodding terms with.
    is there anywhere to seek information as to how to gain access to the cemetery on Aughavanagh Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I'm a Yiddo.

Advertisement