Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfurnished

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

You don’t have to do something directly to have an in-depth understanding of the system and how it works. I also essentially managed two of the houseshres for the LL, delt with finding people for rooms for him (down to the level of placing the ads, vetting the new tenants) etc.

That’s some seriously condescending stuff. You do realise highly educated people are also often religious. It’s also nonsense to suggest that people aren’t moving here because of catholic schools, many of the people that move here are catholic too remember and often you will see many nationalities at mass.

Just because one fool decided to quit a job and move because of it means nothing (if it’s even true). Better off without him if that’s the way he regards our country.

LLs involved in corporate and high end lettings will know how to kit a place out.

I’ve done that countless times. Anyone who did the houseshare thing for a good while has. That is nothing like being a landlord. Placing ads is no big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Graces7 wrote: »
    as he said he dumped what was provided. Perfectly OK
    If they dump what was provided, the LL can take the price of getting replacements out of their deposit when they leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

the_syco wrote: »
    If they dump what was provided, the LL can take the price of getting replacements out of their deposit when they leave.
    The genuine cost of replacement for the furnishings of the average rented house in Ireland would probably be under E100. Or the tenant could always go skip scavenging to replace like with like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

The genuine cost of replacement for the furnishings of the average rented house in Ireland would probably be under E100. Or the tenant could always go skip scavenging to replace like with like.

I hope you’re exaggerating for effect here. Even going for all the cheapest stuff in IKEA would come to way more than €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I was referring to the replacement of the white goods.

• Advertisement
Advertisement