Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Confused11811

@ Julez PM sent.

For those interested CAT16 alerts are coming in , drop is going to happen today , looks like the normal time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Which card are you looking for the 6900 XT was up all week and then Confused11811 had 6700 XT's for sale last week and 6800 XT's this week. Why didn't you pick either of them?

Take the results with a pinch of salt as I doubt they tested all AMD cards on the same newer and better drivers but the results of the RX 6950 XT, RX 6750 XT, and RX 6650 XT are leaked here - https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-radeon-rx-6950-xtrx-6750-xtand-rx-6650-xt-3dmark-scores-leak.html

The RX6750XT Midnight Black could be an interesting card depending on the price, the 3 fan cooler and black shroud looks good. I actually really like the clean lines and minimal look of the AMD cards, I find there's to much bling on 3rd party cards.

AMD Radeon RX 6950XT to cost $1099, RX 6750XT $549, RX 6650XT $399 - VideoCardz.com

Prices announced, RX6950XT should be about 10% more expenses that the RX6900XT. The RX6750XT is going to be marginally cheaper than the RX6800.

Just an update - The 2 RX6800XT's I had are now taken but I managed to get another order in yesterday again using the cookie share/injection method. No order cancellation received last night so should be shipping later today :-)

I tried some expensive residential proxies yesterday which can be used in chrome using the plugin BP proxy switcher and another plugin called Modheader (used to redirect AMD's store url to the .IE shopfront.)

The results where okay but not great it was a bit slower than I'd have liked and then I had 403'd errors on the 3rd attempt meaning AMD detected something was up. A good first attempt using proxies but could be improved on if a working AMD VPN was found.

I was very lucky to get another instant queue again yesterday. Don't think that luck will hold out so probably won't have a chance to get more RX6800XT's. Anyone interested a RX6800XT give me a DM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

I can vouch for Confused11811, picked up a 6800xt off him last week. Really nice guy and a quick easy deal. Whatever may or may not happen with cards in the next few months 6800xt is the best bang for buck card out there at the moment if you can get it around the €800 mark.

Thanks Julez, It's always nice to help out a Boards member.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,213 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can also vouch for @Confused11811, he sorted me out with a 6700xt at MSRP a couple of weeks ago too 😄

Thanks :-) Always nice to help a Mod out just in case I get into trouble :-)

A drop will be happening tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a drop of the new refresh cards, most likely an hour early at 2pm like the Ryzen 5800X3D. By my calculations the RX6950XT will cost in and around €1,310 including delivery, the RX6750XT will cost around €670 including delivery. I'd say that if any of the older cards are included it will just be the RX6800XT which was always the best value card of this generation and even more so now.

I'd say the RX6900XT, RX6800 & RX6700XT won't drop again on AMD.

So it seems my price estimate is way off unfortunately. According to a source in the know on Hardwareluxx the RX6950XT will cost over €1530 delivered and the RX6750XT will cost over €720 delivered making it more expensive than the better preforming RX6800 it replaced.

That source on Hardwareluxx is usually 100% correct.

• Advertisement

Sadly it looks like these price quoted are 100% correct. See direct links below which are currently not available on the AMD store home page

RX6950XT - https://www.amd.com/en/direct-buy/5618082700/ie

RX6750XT - https://www.amd.com/en/direct-buy/5618082100/ie

Really disappointing

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,213 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah that's not great, it's not a particularly big jump on the 6700xt is it? for the guts of 200 euro more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

AMD catching up on the scalping gap, as expected. No point leaving shareholder value on the table after all!

Its a big enough jump. Last week a RX6800 cost around €705 delivered, the RX6700 cost a round €583 delivered. This week the RX6750XT replacing both with cost over €720 delivered, it preforms worse than the RX6800 and is more expenses. The RX6900XT last week cost around €1190 delivered, the RX6950XT will cost over €1530 delivered.

The trend of massive increases in price for little performance gain continues, actually in the case of the RX6750XT probably the first time every price has increased for performance lose. What remains to be seen is will the RX6800XT continue to be sold at AMD and will it's price stay the same.

The RX6800 and RX6800XT are gems at this stage. The RX6700XT and even the RX6900XT looks amazing value now.

Sorry yeah, I meant not a particularly big jump in terms of performance over the 6700xt for a pretty big increase in cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

That's a sad comment when 5-600 quid is the "value proposition" in the gpu market... But I've given up on the idea that there will ever be a serviceable gpu under 250 ever again.

Unfortunately I can't see things getting better, here in the EU with the poor euro/dollar exchange rate it may get worse. I think the market has bottomed out now but prices are still very high. Both Nvidia and AMD high top end high priced cards sell out at each drop, even with these high prices they may last a few hours or even a couple of day but each week the allocation will sell. It makes no difference to either AMD or Nvidia if they sell in out in minutes, hours or days. The Next generation when ever they are released will only continue to rise in price, material, transport and supply restraints are going to continue to hit them.

They increased shipping to Ireland to over 27 euro

AMD really messed up the prices and have now been readjusted mid drop. The Rx6750Xt now 670 delivery like I suggested yesterday

Where are you getting this. Did you manage to get in? I'm still in the que.

• Advertisement

That link doesn't work. Went through verification and then said restricted access.

Must be new bot protection stopping sharing of links , what are you looking for ?

I'm not looking for anything just curious to see the new cards but if I did get in I may accidentally purchase a 6950 XT. 😎

Send me your PayPal details I'll order one for you 😁

My desktop

I'm in myself now and could if I wanted buy the two new cards as they are still available to buy but I will leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

I'm waiting on 7800 xt later in the year see if I can get one not counting on it.I hope the market improves better by launch of these cards.

I got in just to see if there were cards there saw the 6750xt and 6950xt which there were but didn't try buy one because that usually fails for me.

• Advertisement

There is loads of stock of the RX6950Xt and RX6750XT still there, you can get in straight away now. No queue needed

Anyway I have the RX6800XT's from last Thursday arriving tomorrow :-) As before if anyone is interested DM me.

Advertisement