Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is somebody who you inexplicably love?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Ronald Reagan

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Good way or figuring out who doesn't know the meaning of 'inexplicably'.

Think it is more interesting than just saying "I love Gay Byrne but I have no idea what it is about him that makes me feel that way".

Gladly, most people obviously feel that it is the context which is interesting in the discussion rather than applying the OP question literally which would result in just a list of names.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

Ray Winstone, had the pleasure of working on the set of 'Moonfleet' had breakfast a few times with him, great actor and very friendly no 'I'm an actor ' bulsh1t about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Think it is more interesting than just saying "I love Gay Byrne but I have no idea what it is about him that makes me feel that way".

Gladly, most people obviously feel that it is the context which is interesting in the discussion rather than applying the OP question literally which would result in just a list of names.

Why would it just be a list of names? You can expand on why you shouldn't or maybe even speculate as to why you do.

Someone gave Roy Keane as an example. He's a bollócks and I shouldn't like him because.... but I do.

Larry David...i laugh at him but he's actually rather obnoxious. Yet for some reason I like him. Not sure if it's cos I see some of myself in him (I hope not).

I dunno...id just find that more interesting than X because he's sound or Y because he/she is gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,853 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Rylan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

GRACKEA wrote: »
    Neven Maguire - the absolute bang of Good Person off him

He has no willy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Muireann O Connell. Fell in love with her radio voice, before ever seeing her...now I have the 6 O Clock Show series linked! She's just fab...what a woman!

Cant understand why the wife cant see her talent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

David McCullagh on Prime Time - oh my!

Seems like a cranky-head but that's because of the shyte talk he has to listen to from panellists, and I love that he can't conceal his contempt.

An intelligent man - and a silver fox!

I don’t get the intelligence myself

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

David McCullagh on Prime Time - oh my!

Seems like a cranky-head but that's because of the shyte talk he has to listen to from panellists, and I love that he can't conceal his contempt.

An intelligent man - and a silver fox!

My OH hung out with him when they were little kids back in the 70s. Said he was a lovely kid. McCullagh looks well for his mid 50s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Evannie Ni Cullin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sigourey Weaver. Fell in love with her after I saw Aliens as a kid.

Also actresses Uma Thurman, Keely Hawes, Julianne Moore, Aisling O’Sullivan and Cate Blanchett. I have a real crush on actresses who come across as beautiful, intelligent and tough. :o

Voltex wrote: »
    Muireann O Connell. Fell in love with her radio voice, before ever seeing her...now I have the 6 O Clock Show series linked! She's just fab...what a woman!

Cant understand why the wife cant see her talent!!

She strikes me as an absolute @rsehole. And I'm just going from what little I heard when she used to cover on Phantom/TXFM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Sigourey Weaver. Fell in love with her after I saw Aliens as a kid.

She reminds me of a lady I used to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Amanda Holden

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭emo72

The missus. But still on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd still give her 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Ronald Reagan

I think of him of a nice old grandfather figure eating a bag of jellybeans, dropping some and as he picks up the jellybeans that fell bumping his arse of the big red button that launches America's nuclear missile arsenals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Nigella Lawson. She’s über-privileged and a bit aloof but I find her fascinating. She has a lovely way with words. And when she picked an Eminem track as one of her desert island discs, I liked her even more despite not even being an Eminem fan myself.

Timothy Olyphant. Okay, he’s actually good-looking but that’s not what I like. He is HILARIOUS. Check out his interviews on Conan.

Bill Burr - I actually thought he looked great in Breaking Bad plus he brings the funny.

Candie wrote: »
    If I ever hear of Tom Hanks behaving less than completely adorably, I'll be personally devastated.

No pressure, Tom.

Ah, he’s a Blandy McGoo anyway, who cares? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

neirbloom wrote: »
    All dead now but I've been watching old YouTube clips and interview's the past couple of nights from Richard Harris, Lee Marvin, Oliver Reed, Richard Burton the old Hollywood Hellraiser's of past and forgot how witty and sharped tongued they all were compared to what we get nowadays.

Poor Terry cant seem to keep up with Lee Marvin's wit and sarcasm here :D.
    I was watching a Robert Mitchum documentary yesterday, with the very same thing - clips of him on Parkinson and absolutely hilarious!

Check out David Hyde Pierce in interviews. SO intelligent and witty.

Ah, he’s a Blandy McGoo anyway, who cares? :pac:

Bite me, Nigella :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

Brian Cox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

Bill O'Herlihy

People give out about RTE heads (and often rightly so), but even though I never met the man, I can't ever imagine a bad word being said about Bill.

Sad that he died just a year after retiring and didn't get to enjoy even one major tournament from the comfort of home with his grandkids.

RIP Bill

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Lazer Brody. But there are lots of good reasons but none of them quite explain it :)

Brian Cox

Back off, he's mine. I already called dibs. :(

I love John Lithgow. I used to love 3rd Rock From The Sun as a kid and loved him again recently as Churchill in The Crown.

Brian Cox

He was a great Hannibal Lecter

I forgot there is another Brian Cox.

I forgot there is another Brian Cox.

The astrophysicist?

Birneybau wrote: »
    The astrophysicist?

He's mine! If anyone wants the Hannibal Lecter Brian Cox, they can have him :pac:

Back off, he's mine. I already called dibs. :(

I love John Lithgow. I used to love 3rd Rock From The Sun as a kid and loved him again recently as Churchill in The Crown.

Don't forget about Dexter though. ShUdDeR

Don't forget about Dexter though. ShUdDeR

Never watched Dexter, so don't ruin him on me!

• Advertisement

Never watched Dexter, so don't ruin him on me!

Never EVER watch it! :D

Advertisement