Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

davedanon wrote: »
    I love the way those two seem to have the DESTRUCTION OF THE EU as an aspiration.

You are dealing with children*. Their whole world revolves around gaming memes and everything needs to be reduced to Call Of Duty style black and white simplicity for them to get their heads around it. The casual misogyny, overt bigotry and cargo cultism (especially crypto) are a hallmark.

* age is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

You are dealing with children*. Their whole world revolves around gaming memes and everything needs to be reduced to Call Of Duty style black and white simplicity for them to get their heads around it. The casual misogyny, overt bigotry and cargo cultism (especially crypto) are a hallmark.

* age is irrelevant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

Well that was interesting. Word of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

A fascinating phenomenon.

There is certainly a strong whiff of incel Jordy Peterson fan off the tiresome twosome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Who do we think will bear the blunt of the blame? The EU or the "remoaners" in Parliament?

Oh both. But especially the Evil Eumpire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Ill eat my hat if they havnt left by midnight

Will you live-stream it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,298 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Who do we think will bear the blunt of the blame? The EU or the "remoaners" in Parliament?

mother in law said that to me recently... with no hint of irony

I went full auto pilot at that stage and left the conversation in spirit

• Registered Users Posts: 24,298 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 67,395 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Crypto and the Kid in their hats. :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRw-qZrLaB9k70QIWxthufk3XmnaKmlhuMt9rPmU1HR72DPkhOkwg&s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Which midnight would that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Which midnight would that be?

Midnight on the day they actually leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,336 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

What year?

Kc ventures a bit of jokey blowhardiness.

crypto dares not show his face. No appropriate bluster can he muster.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,366 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

davedanon wrote: »
    Kc ventures a bit of jokey blowhardiness.

crypto dares not show his face. No appropriate bluster can he muster.

Re-regs incoming in 3...2...1...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

More "predictions"...

I'd be the last person to use the polls as a guide to public opinion but the polls in the UK appear to show that the majority of people still want to leave. I can see Boris remaining as PM after the general election in December. If that were to happen, he could well have a big enough majority meaning they will be gone come the end of January.

I think anyone who is being honest will admit that it is pretty disgraceful what has happened in the UK these past few weeks. Parliament was blatantly trying to prevent the will of the people.

There have been arguments that the electorate did not know what they were voting for in 2016 which I don't believe one bit. One thing is for sure, everyone knows what they are voting for in this general election.

More "predictions"...

I'd be the last person to use the polls as a guide to public opinion but the polls in the UK appear to show that the majority of people still want to leave. I can see Boris remaining as PM after the general election in December. If that were to happen, he could well have a big enough majority meaning they will be gone come the end of January.

I think anyone who is being honest will admit that it is pretty disgraceful what has happened in the UK these past few weeks. Parliament was blatantly trying to prevent the will of the people.

There have been arguments that the electorate did not know what they were voting for in 2016 which I don't believe one bit. One thing is for sure, everyone knows what they are voting for in this general election.

Would you have a link to those polls?

• Registered Users Posts: 67,395 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

More "predictions"...

At what point will you accept that 'the will of the people' is superseded (and always was) by the 'will of parliament'.

Nobody had any business promising the people that the referendum result was anything but legally 'non binding'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Jizique

More "predictions"...

That’s as good a reason as any to have a confirmatory referendum on the deal

• Advertisement

More "predictions"...

I see you edited your post and the word 'appear' appeared. Okay, can you link to polls that "appear" to show the majority want to leave?

"I think anyone who is being honest will admit that it is pretty disgraceful what has happened in the UK these past few weeks."

As it happens, this statement is true. But not for the reason stated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

There have been arguments that the electorate did not know what they were voting for in 2016 which I don't believe one bit.

What was on the ballot paper?

Anyone else like cats?

73227375_10220656350747451_704388741216600064_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQm3208zhL72CgTMQGcGkbJ0B7I-l6B8kiFN8FAhYvOMcYolA6I8nNilrtXdUYOYd00&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=689b1bc31b06c5998500251721419205&oe=5E1B19DB

Yep their like cats alright

FunLover18 wrote: »
    What was on the ballot paper?

Don't waste your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Well this is completely surprising and not at all expected /s

UK Independent running a story that a report proving evidence of Russia sources social media campaign in run up to brexit vote may be suppressed by Johnson until after election.

Cant make proper links on mobile, but I'll try this:

https://t.co/NykvRlM7EB?amp=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

its Suez canal mark 2

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭boring accountant

Please for the love of god would they just get on with it

Pass the salt for the chameleon, his hat needs a little seasoning.

• Advertisement

At what point will you accept that 'the will of the people' is superseded (and always was) by the 'will of parliament'.

Nobody had any business promising the people that the referendum result was anything but legally 'non binding'.

If a border poll showed that the majority in Northern Ireland wished to form a united ireland, would you say the same thing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement