Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Overheal wrote: »
    Who is uncle joe?

You must know who Uncle Joe is?

Maybe if you are not from this side of the pond you might not.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,890 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Danzy wrote: »
    You must know who Uncle Joe is?

Maybe if you are not from this side of the pond you might not.

You’ve got me.

I know it can’t be Joe Biden, and that’s the only Uncle Joe in our political vernacular over here. He was not even 3 years of age when Adolf Hitler took his own life.

Edit: do you possibly mean Stalin? I have never in my life heard him nicknamed uncle Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

can you try that again and this time arrange it in sentences that actually make sense.

The fact that you do not understand what I am saying is not on me.

It is clear from the rest of your cr@p that you are not very well up on history and ideology and so on.

Get a library card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Over 413k views on that video as of now.

Antifa Ireland really fecked up with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Edit: do you possibly mean Stalin? I have never in my life heard him nicknamed uncle Joe.

Maybe if you had read a few history books you might have discovered lots of things of which you are obviously ignorant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,209 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Bonniedog wrote: »
    The fact that you do not understand what I am saying is not on me.

It is clear from the rest of your cr@p that you are not very well up on history and ideology and so on.

Get a library card.

you are obsessed with reds and lefties. the membership of the communist party of ireland would struggle to fill the snug of a pub.

Maybe if you had read a few history books you might have discovered lots of things of which you are obviously ignorant.

A simple and cordial yes or no to whether you are referencing Stalin or someone else will suffice thanks

You’ve got me.

I know it can’t be Joe Biden, and that’s the only Uncle Joe in our political vernacular over here. He was not even 3 years of age when Adolf Hitler took his own life.

Joe Biden won't know either but that is for other reasons. He was jokingly called it in some media.

Uncle Joe was a media name for Joseph Stalin,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Good to see Irish Antifa showing their true colours defending paedophiles like their leader Pat Corcoran

Joe Biden won't know either but that is for other reasons. He was jokingly called it in some media.

Uncle Joe was a media name for Joseph Stalin,.

Invented by FDR when he was trying to get on Stalins good side.

• Advertisement

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Good to see Irish Antifa showing their true colours defending paedophiles like their leader Pat Corcoran

Nobody is defending him and that's a claim that gets posted frequently by guys such as yourself. But it's not actually true...

Tasfasdf wrote: »

Is this the name of a convicted pedophile or is this simple defamation?

Is this the name of a convicted pedophile or is this simple defamation?

He is a convicted paedophile but he's not the leader of antifa in Ireland which I'm pretty sure doesn't have any leader... It's just a claim by very gullible users.

you are obsessed with reds and lefties. the membership of the communist party of ireland would struggle to fill the snug of a pub.

They would and they would out number the far right.

Where are the other 49 mortalerers to roughly paraphrase Brendan Behan when he saw Michael oRiordain, after the communist party of Ireland was excommunicated.

They would and they would out number the far right.

Where are the other 49 mortalerers to roughly paraphrase Brendan Behan when he saw Michael oRiordain, after the communist party of Ireland was excommunicated.

anything more modern you wish to comment on?

Or colloquial.

Still applies, the modern Communist party of Ireland couldn't fill a small pub and they would still outnumber the far right here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Why? You'd have to specifically be searching for associations with him and paedophilia to find the link tbh. He was seventeen when Tatchell made the remarks.

Tatchell still believes in his remarks to this day. He believes the age of consent should be lowered to 14. O' Gorman welcomed him at a Gay pride parade and posed for pictures with him.

O' Gorman already has his own problems since he backs under 16s being able to change their genders.

Its not asking too much for straight answers on this matter. Instead he tries to dodge it by claiming it as some far right conspiracy. That's not helping him and putting people's minds at ease. He's the Minister of Children. He needs to answer these questions or reconsider his position.

Still applies, the modern Communist party of Ireland couldn't fill a small pub and they would still outnumber the far right here.

Source?

You’ve made similar claims about the far right without substance.

Or colloquial.

I get you don't like history but it is the little things like that which make it so interesting.

• Advertisement

seemed to be a fair few outside the dail yesterday. i wouldn't fancy trying to squeeze all of them into the snug of toners.

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Tatchell still believes in his remarks to this day. He believes the age of consent should be lowered to 14. O' Gorman welcomed him at a Gay pride parade and posed for pictures with him.

O' Gorman already has his own problems since he backs under 16s being able to change their genders.

Its not asking too much for straight answers on this matter. Instead he tries to dodge it by claiming it as some far right conspiracy. That's not helping him and putting people's minds at ease. He's the Minister of Children. He needs to answer these questions or reconsider his position.

Let’s differentiate here: pedophilia is in regard to prepubescents, young children and even toddlers. Teenagers don’t fall into that category. The word applied there would be ephebophelia. Lowering the age of consent however into that range is normally only among teens in the same age group to eschew them of statutory rape issues, eg. 2 14 year olds who engage in inter course with each other consensually.

O'Gorman is continuing legislation that the previous government were in relation to gender legally... Tatchell remains irrelevant. The users obsessed with it are a tad bizarre at this stage...

I get you don't like history but it is the little things like that which make it so interesting.

Well I don’t know a lot of Irish history and I don’t meddle in your politics on the whole the same most Irish don’t bother with ours, each mutually having plenty of our own cud to chew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Antifa has as its heroes Lenin and Trotsky and Castro.

They are in no position to be making judgement on anyone.

They do like to portray Trump and the Poles and even poor old BJ as "far right." Not the brightest.

Complete nonsense.
    Anybody protesting the right, inequality and racism is called antifa and then antifa is given a right wing generated persona.
    We'd a FG TD compare water protestors to ISIS. This is the same mentality. Demonise any critics.
    These people are using pedophilia to try demonise anything they don't support. Its gateway outrage on the road to Making Ireland Great Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

seemed to be a fair few outside the dail yesterday. i wouldn't fancy trying to squeeze all of them into the snug of toners.

If you think people attending an anti peado rally are far right.

What does that say about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,447 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

He is a convicted paedophile but he's not the leader of antifa in Ireland which I'm pretty sure doesn't have any leader... It's just a claim by very gullible users.

Antifa state they have no leadership to speak of, regardless of the country in which they operate.
    Pat Corcoran was instrumental in organising Antifa in Ireland. Whether or not he is a "leader" with in Antifa is splitting hairs, the man was convicted of possession of 7000+ images of an "inappropriate nature" for want of a better term.
    He is a paedophile and he is closely associated with the Irish branch of Antifa, who chose to (much to the delight of the organisers of yesterday's protest) turn up to drown out speeches which were aiming their venom at paedophiles.
    I may not agree with the protestors on a lot of topics (John Connors being somebody I've never before found myself agreeing with for example) but on the issue of child abuse it's pretty difficult to get on the wrong side of that particular argument, the morality isn't relative to any political ideology, abusing kids is wrong and when your supposedly "right on" anti fascist group turns up to stop people protesting against the potential of paedophilia being on some abstract manner promoted (even unwittingly) by a member of the Irish government, arguing against that results in your group painting itself into a particularly unsavoury corner.

Should the Antifa protestors been assaulted? Of course not. Yet again we've seen why extremist political ideology struggles to take root in this country, both the far left and far right are morons, this protest featured a tiny crowd of people on either side, the only real losers in terms of optics were Antifa however, we already knew the others were what they were, now Antifa Ireland is an organisation that appears to any casual observers to have not only an association with a notable convicted paedophile but who as a group defend paedophilia. They should have stayed home and put their feet up.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Let’s differentiate here: pedophilia is in regard to prepubescents, young children and even toddlers. Teenagers don’t fall into that category. The word applied there would be ephebophelia. Lowering the age of consent however into that range is normally only among teens in the same age group to eschew them of statutory rape issues, eg. 2 14 year olds who engage in inter course with each other consensually.

He also wrote in a newspaper advocating for child-adult sexual relationships [whether it was with 14 year olds or younger wasn't clarified in the letter.] Whether he's an ephebophelic or a full blown pedophile he's still a sleazy human being.

If you think people attending an anti peado rally are far right.

What does that say about you?

so it wasnt Justin barratt and his NP cronies then?

• Advertisement

He also wrote in a newspaper advocating for child-adult sexual relationships [whether it was with 14 year olds or younger wasn't clarified in the letter.] Whether he's an ephebophelic or a full blown pedophile he's still a sleazy human being.

Oh it’s definitely sleazy but I would for sure put it in the class of ephebophilia and not pedophilia. Neither is particularly glamorous but let’s discern the several levels of hell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement