Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Chocolate Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,585 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

yabadabado wrote: »
    Twix far superior.
    Boost is dirt. Lads voting for Boost probably eat pineapple on pizza as well.

Yes I do, and am proud of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Yes I do, and am proud of it!

The shame

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Twix far superior.
    Boost is dirt. Lads voting for Boost probably eat pineapple on pizza as well.

I voted for Twix and also love pineapple on my pizza, so there goes that theory. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The shame

No pineapple shaming !

I'm with The Princess Bride , pineapple on pizza !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    No pineapple shaming !

I'm with The Princess Bride , pineapple on pizza !

We'll have cats marrying dogs next!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,507 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Boost, but I don't like pineapples or pizzas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Boost! Love them

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Get with the times. Pineapple and pizza ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's come down to this. Two of Boards.ie's most beloved choccy treat. Which one is going to claim the title of Ultimate Chocolate Bar? This one has a time limit of one hour. Whoever has the most votes, wins. God Speed

Boost

Boost.png

Created by: Cadbury

Introduced: 1985

Did you know: Boost was known as Moro in Ireland and featured a coconut version.

VS

Golden Crisp

31ckqm47%2BqL.jpg

Created by: Cadbury

Introduced: I don't know, look it up

Did you know: The old packaging contained tin foil which was handy for smoking heroin off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

An underdog in the final.

Not quite Man City v Watford, but a clear win for me here. Moro.

Let justice be done...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

The Golden Crisp is a classic Dairy Milk, no question. Now it’s no fruit and nut or my old long gone Dairy Milk favorite: Top Deck.
    But still, it’s a good Dairy Milk and id never say no to it.
    It’s versatile: ya can have a few squares and save some for later. Also just as a great sharing bar with your other half! Easy to break up. I’d prefer if it still came in the foil and paper, but such is life.

The Moro was never a bar for me. Sure I’d eat one, but it just doesn’t do anything for me.

GC because it’s a solid Dairy Milk. It has its flaws but sure who doesn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Moro/Boost for me.
    You got the chewy, you got the crunchy, you got the sticky sweet crumbly filling.
    Ice cold glass of milk & a moro, fill you up for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭normanoffside

If these are the nations two favourite bars then I don’t want to live in this country any more

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Omackeral wrote: »
    Did you know: The old packaging contained tin foil which was handy for smoking heroin off.
    seamusk84 wrote: »
    I’d prefer if it still came in the foil and paper, but such is life.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moro takes the top spot for me. I’ve always found the layered structure to be deeply satisfying and gives it more dimensionality than the Golden Crisp. Nice chocolate, then caramel, and finally that biscuit/chocolate filling. If chilled, then it picks up an extra “snappiness”.

Golden Crisp, while nice, is inferior to its cousin, the Mint Crisp, and is a fairly one-dimensional bar.

And like other posters, I miss the paper and foil wrapping on the GC. It was recyclable, unlike the thin plastic wrapper in current use.

Boost is Roland at the Dark Tower, listing off the name of his fallen brothers and sister.

Bounty, Kit Kat, Mint Aero

We made it guys, we got to our promised land.

BOOST.

Golden crisp is STILL full of annoying sticky stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Neither should be in the final as neither would get into my top 10.
    I'll go Golden Crisp. If this was 20 years ago I'd have probably said Boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Hobson's choice here. But I'm going to go with the Golden crisp. It's a classic and deserves some respect for that
    Plus I just bought a boost for research and I was wishing it was a Starbar.

Golden crisp. Bring it home baby!!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Seeing as Double Decker didn't make it I'm going to have to throw my hat in with Boost, has a bit of everything, great dunked in a coffee too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,585 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Jeez, but this is the most difficult decision I've had to make since that day someone offered me tea made with leaves or a teabag.*

But it has to be Boost.
    For nostalgic reasons, not to mention the fact that when I went to the shop, I forgot to get a Golden Crisp, cos I thought Double Decker was in the final too.

*neither, I hate tea.

• Advertisement

Golden crisp. Perfect combo of chocolate and sweet crunch. Great all rounder. Good by itself or good with a coffee. Winner.

Bob Harris wrote:
    Neither should be in the final as neither would get into my top 10. I'll go Golden Crisp. If this was 20 years ago I'd have probably said Boost.

Boosts are a young man's game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Has to be golden crisp.

I like a boost but being able to eat a golden crisp watching a movie or breaking of the odd square while driving, you know that extending of niceness outs it above.

Also it's if not my favourite it's sure as hell close to it!

Jesus Christ, is Golden Crisp wins this....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

BTW. I'm surprised the 'Catch' never got a mention. It's a bit left field but a solid choice. With a great theme tune

Catch it if you can
    On the outside is chocolate
    And underneath the chocolate are crispeeees!

'Saunters off whistling'

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Moro. Boost. Who cares. It’s a beautiful chewy chocolate masterpiece and it deserves to be the Ultimate Chocolate Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

golden crisp for no other reason than to deny Boost the accolade

• Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Golden Crisp , tough choice , but it just nudges past the boost as it has more chocolate per bar that's all .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Moro is the best chocolate in the land. Golden crisp, wojeus choice as the countries number 1. Not a bad chocolate but we're staking our countries reputation here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Boost, because without it we'd never have had the greatest ever limited edition chocolate bar, the Coconut Moro.

Advertisement