Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,565 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

The acceptance of Nancy Pelosi's invite to deliver the annual state of the union address from Congress on Feb 04 by Don should be an interesting occasion. Letter of invitation from the Speaker to the President: "In their great wisdom, our Founders crafted a Constitution based on a system of separation of powers: three co-equal branches acting on checks on each other. To ensure that balance of powers, the Constitution calls for the President to 'from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union,'" Pelosi wrote in her letter to Mr. Trump.
    "In the spirit of respecting our Constitution, I invite you to deliver your State of the Union address before a Joint Session of Congress on Tuesday, February 4, 2020 in the Chamber of the U.S. House of Representatives," Pelosi said.

Salt stings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

aloyisious wrote: »
    The acceptance of Nancy Pelosi's invite to deliver the annual state of the union address from Congress on Feb 04 by Don should be an interesting occasion. Letter of invitation from the Speaker to the President: "In their great wisdom, our Founders crafted a Constitution based on a system of separation of powers: three co-equal branches acting on checks on each other. To ensure that balance of powers, the Constitution calls for the President to 'from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union,'" Pelosi wrote in her letter to Mr. Trump.
    "In the spirit of respecting our Constitution, I invite you to deliver your State of the Union address before a Joint Session of Congress on Tuesday, February 4, 2020 in the Chamber of the U.S. House of Representatives," Pelosi said.

Salt stings.

Wow.. She is some stateswoman. . Trump has absolutely noo chance when it comes to engaging with her on an equal footing...

I Loooove Nancy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

duploelabs wrote: »
    Perhaps you need to brush up on your procedures. Trump is already impeached, that's what the vote was on Wednesday. It now moves forward to the senate for a trial to remove him or not

Ok, internet shaming me aside, the fact is, nothing will happen, Democrats can’t win at the polls so they have to do this, it’s sad

listermint wrote: »
    The base is actually quite small. The democrats are not targeting his base with any of this. They are self serving loons.

They are targeting the middle ground voter who got him over the line last time. Bearing on mind that's all they did he doesn't have a masse core voter so you are highly mistaken on that one . Something most trump backers do.

You really don’t know America and the people in it, same mistake people made last time, it’s the arrogance and wokeness of the left that these middle ground voters hate, trump was a convenient alternative and he will be again unless the Democrats get a decent candidate, Bernie seems to be the only viable one for me and his own party screwed him last time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Ok, internet shaming me aside, the fact is, nothing will happen, Democrats can’t win at the polls so they have to do this, it’s sad

You've simply proven you don't know what you are talking about. If you're going to materially add to the debate here, surely you ought to have done at least some basic research so that your 'contributions' can be taken seriously and not just as the pathetic efforts of a troll.. Given the lack of any pedigree in respect of an understanding of the issues involved, why would any of us debate your belief that " Democrats can’t win at the polls so they have to do this, it’s sad"...

Argue facts. With enough of that, we might then accept your conclusion in due course...

• Advertisement

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Wow.. She is some stateswoman. . Trump has absolutely noo chance when it comes to engaging with her on an equal footing...

I Loooove Nancy!!!

In my reading of the invite report, I missed the obvious. By setting the date for Feb 04, Nancy is probably playing the long game; that she know's the senate trial wont be before that date and that Don will last that long in office, or she's waiting for more cookies to crumble within the GOP before that date which will give the charges against Don more solidity which Mitch & Co will have to consider when it comes to their stated senate trial set-up and clear jury bias. Adam Schiff and the other Dem leading the committee hearing have to be aware of her moves.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

It still begs the question of what the long game is.

If you go to Google, and put in a search for "Swing state impeachment poll" or whatever, and put a time limit on it like "The last seven days", see what the articles are saying.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/475038-florida-voters-split-on-impeachment-poll

Forty-six percent of registered Florida voters surveyed support impeaching Trump and removing him from office, while 50 percent are opposed to the prospect. Another 4 percent are unsure.

Voter are also split on the job Trump is doing as president, with 50 percent saying they don’t approve of how he’s handling the presidency and 47 percent approving. Three percent are unsure.

So most Florida voters seem more inclined to vote against him on the basis of the job he's been doing without the Democrats doing anything, but they are not approving the job the Democrats are doing on impeaching.

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/30/783889423/impeachment-the-view-from-swing-states
    Support for impeachment in Wisconsin dropped from 44% in October to 40% in November.

I would have thought the desired endstate is "Trump out of office by 2021". I would think Trump is doing a good enough job on his own at making himself a one-term President. Why are the Democrats making life more difficult for themselves? I suspect Pelosi got railroaded into the impeachment, not that she wanted to do it herself. She was never a huge fan of the concept. Nobody ever said she wasn't smart.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    You've simply proven you don't know what you are talking about. If you're going to materially add to the debate here, surely you ought to have done at least some basic research so that your 'contributions' can be taken seriously and not just as the pathetic efforts of a troll.. Given the lack of any pedigree in respect of an understanding of the issues involved, why would any of us debate your belief that " Democrats can’t win at the polls so they have to do this, it’s sad"...

Argue facts. With enough of that, we might then accept your conclusion in due course...

Absolute yawn, you don’t have to be a keyboard warrior to know what’s going happening on the ground here.
    These “contributions” are merely people pandering what they think matters, like anyone here really has a grasp on these issues, google and twitter don’t make you smarter or right.
    How many people here have even been to Ohio ?
    Just another bubble and like I said, impeaching Trump is just going to further the divide.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If you go to Google, and put in a search for "Swing state impeachment poll" or whatever, and put a time limit on it like "The last seven days", see what the articles are saying.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/475038-florida-voters-split-on-impeachment-poll

Forty-six percent of registered Florida voters surveyed support impeaching Trump and removing him from office, while 50 percent are opposed to the prospect. Another 4 percent are unsure.

Voter are also split on the job Trump is doing as president, with 50 percent saying they don’t approve of how he’s handling the presidency and 47 percent approving. Three percent are unsure.

So most Florida voters seem more inclined to vote against him on the basis of the job he's been doing without the Democrats doing anything, but they are not approving the job the Democrats are doing on impeaching.

Support for impeachment in Wisconsin dropped from 44% in October to 40% in November.

I would have thought the desired endstate is "Trump out of office by 2021". I would think Trump is doing a good enough job on his own at making himself a one-term President. Why are the Democrats making life more difficult for themselves? I suspect Pelosi got railroaded into the impeachment, not that she wanted to do it herself. She was never a huge fan of the concept. Nobody ever said she wasn't smart.

I'd assume a lad like yourself would think that they are correct in laying down a marker on this one. I.e the rule of law. Or should the US just go to hell in a hand basket forever more?

Not everything as to be entirely about winning, regardless of your feelings about the Dems. I can read between the lines . They are morally the better party when all is said and done. Republicans are doing everything in their power to make America a worse place to live. And stacking hate and Division.

But sure law... Rules...who needs them .. including the military. The president knows no boundaries.

Absolute yawn, you don’t have to be a keyboard warrior to know what’s going happening on the ground here.
    These “contributions” are merely people pandering what they think matters, like anyone here really has a grasp on these issues, google and twitter don’t make you smarter or right.
    How many people here have even been to Ohio ?
    Just another bubble and like I said, impeaching Trump is just going to further the divide.

I've been to Ohio about 10 times, quite the boring place tbh. Real middle American bungalow family orientated place. A distinctly difficult place to hire really good tech staff.

What's your point ?

America needs a reckoning or all the president's afterwards will do exact what trump is doing. Personally I think it may already be beyond saving

• Advertisement

I'm no political scientist. To me the long game would be to get rid of a crook and swindler from the Oval Office on the grounds of his point blank refusal to comply with his oath of office without having to wait for the GOP to do so. The GOP policy is to keep him in situ no matter what he does and keep promoting him to the voter. With a powerful party behind Don at the ballot box, the odds are strong that he might get another term. The long term question is how long will it be before a greater number of GOP voters tell the GOP enough of the Don show is enough & if the GOP doesn't de-select him, it will disenfranchise itself.

Jobwise Don, with all his self-promotion that it is all down to him, the public will probably keep swallowing his lies, even if at a slowly reducing rate. His tariff policy on US Co's "made abroad" products doesn't do the US voter-buyer much good when he/she, and not the US Co, has to pay the tariff at the point of import [the US itself]. His Agriculture policy is equally as damaging. What are the GOP thoughts on that Don policy when it comes to the effect it has on its base, not his base.

The Florida poll result is probably helped by Don taking his breaks there, the Hi-Vis effect. However bellowing, even if its impressive and may cause people to think he's doing a great job,, doesn't always do the job. You'd probably have to ask yourself why the discrepency between part I and part 2 of the Florida voter poll, is the [impeachment] part 1 result based on party affiliation or trust?

I agree with you about Nancy, she's one smart cookie and with Adam beside her pushing the angle that Don is simply a lying crook, the electorate overall will get the truth of that message. One thing the Dems need to do is get rid of the Clinton-type millstone [current version Biden] which Don will keep resurrecting.

Now to something else: reply by PM after deleting this question through Mod-facility Pls. The Irish Defence Forces magazine, An Cosantóir, has an article by Wayne Fitzgerald [editor] on the USAF taking the Grey Wolf into service as a replacement for the Bell Huey, incl the Grey is a militarised version of a civilian aircraft. Is it likely to be an across the Services take-up? I tried the boards PM route but the system wouldn't let me type in your underlined moniker in the recipient box.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,142 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You have to wonder how people have an issue with impeaching DJT.

There are so many reasons.

1) if a president has the option to ignore congressional subpoenas, then you have to know that future presidents (assuming Trump isn't the worst case scenario) will do so too. Republican or Democrat, that has to be a bad thing... unless of course you have no issues with dictators

2) if Trump gets the green light from the Senate, that will embolden him and he *will* do worse. He hasn't grown into the role, he hasn't become more presidential, he is a crook down to his bones and he keeps pushing the boundaries. The prime example? The day after Mueller gave testimony, Trump made that "perfect call" to shake down Ukraine. So supporters have to know, he will not get better, it will get worse - unless he's checked. Now, i don't believe for one moment that failing a rocket between now and the "trial", he will be acquitted. But let it be known, no one can truly say that when something awful happens, they never saw it coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It's hard to take your opinion seriously if you don't understand basic procedures of the ongoing process, apologies if I highlighted this lack of knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

everlast75 wrote: »
    You have to wonder how people have an issue with impeaching DJT.

There are so many reasons.

1) if a president has the option to ignore congressional subpoenas, then you have to know that future presidents (assuming Trump isn't the worst case scenario) will do so too. Republican or Democrat, that has to be a bad thing... unless of course you have no issues with dictators

2) if Trump gets the green light from the Senate, that will embolden him and he *will* do worse. He hasn't grown into the role, he hasn't become more presidential, he is a crook down to his bones and he keeps pushing the boundaries. The prime example? The day after Mueller gave testimony, Trump made that "perfect call" to shake down Ukraine. So supporters have to know, he will not get better, it will get worse - unless he's checked. Now, i don't believe for one moment that failing a rocket between now and the "trial", he will be acquitted. But let it be known, no one can truly say that when something awful happens, they never saw it coming.

You don’t seem to understand that the democrats are also crooked. More crooked. This whole thing is a sham. They are accusing him of something Biden has openly bragged about himself. It is dramatics and nothing else.

You don’t seem to understand that the democrats are also crooked. More crooked. This whole thing is a sham. They are accusing him of something Biden has openly bragged about himself. It is dramatics and nothing else.

Facts don't matter to you, do they?

Please explain, with citation not opinion, why it is a sham? I'd be interested how you got to this conclusion

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

When the man elected on promises to "drain the swamp" of perceived Washington corruption, turns out to be wilfully corrupt himself, that's a steeper fall and broader hypocrisy than any career politician skirting the edges of legality.

I've said it before, I'll say it again; Trump could have been the great healing outsider, formed a bipartisan government if he was serious about knitting the rifts. Brought in true experts to help him.

This was the narrative by the neutrals who pleaded to wait and see, that Trump could be the forceful outsider, immune to the stagnancy of DC. Nope, his ego was always too fragile to withstand acknowledgement that he is not the smartest man in the room, so instead he threatens world leaders with quid pro quos and feigns genius on matters he is woefully out of depth on. Of course he broke the law, he only knows how to bully like a NY real estate developer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭Christy42

pixelburp wrote: »
    When the man elected on promises to "drain the swamp" of perceived Washington corruption, turns out to be wilfully corrupt himself, that's a steeper fall and broader hypocrisy than any career politician skirting the edges of legality.

I've said it before, I'll say it again; Trump could have been the great healing outsider, formed a bipartisan government if he was serious about knitting the rifts. Brought in true experts to help him.

This was the narrative by the neutrals who pleaded to wait and see, that Trump could be the forceful outsider, immune to the stagnancy of DC. Nope, his ego was always too fragile to withstand acknowledgement that he is not the smartest man in the room, so instead he threatens world leaders with quid pro quos and feigns genius on matters he is woefully out of depth on. Of course he broke the law, he only knows how to bully like a NY real estate developer.

He never could have been great. All those things require hard work and diplomatic ability. Trump is not capable of it. This monster style rule is all he knows and all he is capable of.

I've been to Ohio about 10 times, quite the boring place tbh. Real middle American bungalow family orientated place. A distinctly difficult place to hire really good tech staff.

What's your point ?

America needs a reckoning or all the president's afterwards will do exact what trump is doing. Personally I think it may already be beyond saving

I was waiting for that response, there is always one....Cincinnati is far from boring in my opinion but the point is that the media, celebrities, Democrats seem to not give these types of states the respect they need, the people in these states know this and they will vote Trump again
    Ohio is a swing state, I believe Trump flipped this state by a huge margin(iam sure the very smart people here will correct me if iam not 100% right)
    Concentrate on these states, these people don’t care about impeachment, it’s only another buzz word now, I can guarantee the spin the Republicans put on it is more beneficial to their party
    I agree, America is beyond saving, the divide is too much, it’s too polarized, everyone is tired of it.

All pretences dropped.

Now, he is just openly quoting him.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1208228299119439878?s=19

• Advertisement

I was waiting for that response, there is always one....Cincinnati is far from boring in my opinion but the point is that the media, celebrities, Democrats seem to not give these types of states the respect they need, the people in these states know this and they will vote Trump again
    Ohio is a swing state, I believe Trump flipped this state by a huge margin(iam sure the very smart people here will correct me if iam not 100% right)
    Concentrate on these states, these people don’t care about impeachment, it’s only another buzz word now, I can guarantee the spin the Republicans put on it is more beneficial to their party
    I agree, America is beyond saving, the divide is too much, it’s too polarized, everyone is tired of it.

You weren't waiting on that response. You were waiting on no one to reply that they have been there because you made the wrong assumption that you were the only one with experience.

Tough I suppose. People travel and have jobs...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

I'm curious. Do you actually believe that or are you just saying it to wind people up?

You weren't waiting on that response. You were waiting on no one to reply that they have been there because you made the wrong assumption that you were the only one with experience.

Tough I suppose. People travel and have jobs...

See the point here is just because you apparently have been there “10” times justifies to the rest of the flock that they are right in brushing over the fact they are more obsessed with ejecting Trump than winning back the votes.
    I was as shocked and upset as anyone when he got elected but the people spoke and we need to move on, when you vote for a clown you get a clown show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

There's a few people waiting for you to expand on this, myself included. It'd be good to get some background on this. Thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Facts don't matter to you, do they?

Whether they do or don’t, optics matter to the voters, who are the people who count.

As observed in a past posting, if you dig enough, you will find something someone has done which is illegal. Everyone.

Add to this observations such as from the NPR interview: people are not as tuned in in the same way that they were in the other impeachments. Now, I suspect it's because it's something that has been talked about by the national press since the day the president was inaugurated. In fact, people even talked about it when he was, you know, president-elect.

Americans as a rule don’t like it when they see someone get railroaded. Instead of doing what should be easy and simply beat him in the next election, they are now presenting a crime which hadn’t occurred at the time folks first started talking about impeachment. The optics on this are simply not good, and people were warning before it all started “Guys, an apparently partisan impeachment process did not work well for Republicans against Clinton, you might want to bear that in mind”

Next, add the general American tradition of civil disobedience against what is perceived to be unfair legal actions, Fairly well celebrated, from Rosa Parks to Sanctuary Cities. Trump’s refusal to co-operate with a Congress is a fact. On the other hand, it’s a fact precipitated by what can be seen as a reaction to a biased investigation which was created not to establish if there is a charge to face, but what charge should be faced. Indeed, it can be argued that the most solid case for impeachment is a result of the impeachment process in the first place!

So, we know that the a Senate isn’t going to remove Trump, it’s going to come to November 2020. A question voters are going to ask themselves isn’t just “Should Trump be removed from office”, it’s also going to be balanced with “Should Democrats be rewarded for their railroading process”.

Now, you may think this is all hogwash, but something is resulting in the (predicted) swing away from impeachment in the Swing states, and that swing is as much a fact as Trump’s obstruction of Congress.

Of course, the final question is whether these swing voters care about impeachment either way. The above likely only counts for a small percentage of voters, most will have other concerns.

Again, the NPR chap says it rather well.
    There are lots of arguments about whether impeachment is justified and therefore required for the Democrats and the Congress to consider. But when we come back to elections, what matters is that Donald Trump spoke to issues that his voters resonated to, and Barack Obama spoke to issues that his voters resonated to. And right at the moment, impeachment is maybe a historically important thing, but it is not the issue that's driving voters' concerns.

One would have thought the route to a Democrat in 2020 was really simple. This impeachment, valid or not, was not going to result in that, and apparently seems to be more likely to detract from it. Certainly that is what the polling is showing, and thus begs my question of how this fits into Pelosi’s long game. It also explains Pelosi’s reluctance to go down this path in the first place.

Limpy wrote: »
    Putin is popular to Trump's base. The Dems/left loons are so engrossed in Russia/Trump that its guaranteed to get him re elected.

One of the gas things about Don Trump and his sycophantic relationship with Vlad is that a few years back, no Republican Party member proud of that party would have been ok for the US president to be so enchanted by the Russian head of state he'd ask the Russian to interfere with the US. Odds are if you wore a t-shirt with anything praising Russia at a Republican Party rally to aid the election of a Republican to the White House, you'd have been given the same treatment given to protestors at present-day Trump rallies with a willing cheer from the candidate. All this is down to Don, Mitch et al having lowered the Standard of the US Republican Party that its at the very least a caricature of what it claims to be. Given how Don is so enamoured of Vlad, and the present leadership of the Republican party willing to go along with Don's tune, one might well be tempted to ask who the loons are and how much farther they will jointly go with their Russian Govt comradeship, all to avoid a working relationship with the other American Party members elected by the US itself. You don't see the Dem candidate rushing to Putin at election time. Until the GOP get's over it's dislike for the other US party and ends its dalliance [via Don] with Vlad, the political divide in the US will stay unfixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭Christy42

Whether they do or don’t, optics matter to the voters, who are the people who count.

As observed in a past posting, if you dig enough, you will find something someone has done which is illegal. Everyone.

Add to this observations such as from the NPR interview: people are not as tuned in in the same way that they were in the other impeachments. Now, I suspect it's because it's something that has been talked about by the national press since the day the president was inaugurated. In fact, people even talked about it when he was, you know, president-elect.

Americans as a rule don’t like it when they see someone get railroaded. Instead of doing what should be easy and simply beat him in the next election, they are now presenting a crime which hadn’t occurred at the time folks first started talking about impeachment. The optics on this are simply not good, and people were warning before it all started “Guys, an apparently partisan impeachment process did not work well for Republicans against Clinton, you might want to bear that in mind”

Next, add the general American tradition of civil disobedience against what is perceived to be unfair legal actions, Fairly well celebrated, from Rosa Parks to Sanctuary Cities. Trump’s refusal to co-operate with a Congress is a fact. On the other hand, it’s a fact precipitated by what can be seen as a reaction to a biased investigation which was created not to establish if there is a charge to face, but what charge should be faced. Indeed, it can be argued that the most solid case for impeachment is a result of the impeachment process in the first place!

So, we know that the a Senate isn’t going to remove Trump, it’s going to come to November 2020. A question voters are going to ask themselves isn’t just “Should Trump be removed from office”, it’s also going to be balanced with “Should Democrats be rewarded for their railroading process”.

Now, you may think this is all hogwash, but something is resulting in the (predicted) swing away from impeachment in the Swing states, and that swing is as much a fact as Trump’s obstruction of Congress.

Of course, the final question is whether these swing voters care about impeachment either way. The above likely only counts for a small percentage of voters, most will have other concerns.

Again, the NPR chap says it rather well.
    There are lots of arguments about whether impeachment is justified and therefore required for the Democrats and the Congress to consider. But when we come back to elections, what matters is that Donald Trump spoke to issues that his voters resonated to, and Barack Obama spoke to issues that his voters resonated to. And right at the moment, impeachment is maybe a historically important thing, but it is not the issue that's driving voters' concerns.

One would have thought the route to a Democrat in 2020 was really simple. This impeachment, valid or not, was not going to result in that, and apparently seems to be more likely to detract from it. Certainly that is what the polling is showing, and thus begs my question of how this fits into Pelosi’s long game. It also explains Pelosi’s reluctance to go down this path in the first place.

They don't impeach and they lose their base. They still need to get their base out to vote. Their base hates Trump and simply letting him away with abusing his position is not acceptable to them. Americans are fine with being railroaded. They were more than happy to have Hilary locked up so I have no idea what that came from.

The man abused his position. He didn't fight for anyone else with this like Rosa or the Sanctuary cities. This was 100% for his benefit and his benefit alone.

I don't care what others have done, Trump should answer to his crimes. Republicans are meant to be the party of law and order. Are you simply going to let criminals out onto the street cos sure everyone has done something illegal?

I never understand how the argument that the best way to oppose the far right is to simply roll over else you will annoy them. It won't work. Beating Trump will be harder than most assume. Simply denying obvious facts is incredibly effective. Russia and China have a strong history of it and it works. Face them down and they cry bullying. Don't and they say look how easily I destroyed my opponents.

Finally Republicans are 100% to blame for Trump.this shouldn't be a sport or a game. Republicans should be just as invested in getting someone mildly competent into the Whitehouse. The fact that they art is a ridiculous shambles and shows the party to have 0 and I mean 0 interest in their own country.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

Nah, this is just Don playing everyone.

Now the headlines are about him and Putin. Safe ground.

It's basically a tactic to ensure a constant stream of fast-paced divisive news stories and avoid anyone paying atte tion to any in-depth analysis.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Of course he is popular with his base. Sure he helped him get elected!

Given the way American politics operate, it's entirely possible that Putin is popular, precisely BECAUSE the Democrats and liberals agitate over him. They hate him therefore he must be good and worth cheering. You see that kind of mentality everywhere IMO from the big items to smallest of legislation. When you have GOP adjacents posing online with their guns and plastic straws as a pushback against Californian (read, democrat) laws banning the latter, you know partisanship has lost its mind. I swear of a democrat announced on TV the grass was green, there would be republican boosters spitting fury about accepting liberal lawns.

• Advertisement

See the point here is just because you apparently have been there “10” times justifies to the rest of the flock that they are right in brushing over the fact they are more obsessed with ejecting Trump than winning back the votes.
    I was as shocked and upset as anyone when he got elected but the people spoke and we need to move on, when you vote for a clown you get a clown show
    This is a thread about Trump, you'll get a diminished amount of chat about his rivals as there is another one about how the Dems can beat Trump in 2020

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement