Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Gallagher - 3Arena - 24th Nov

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭ooter

Travelling to the pale in the dark brings back memories of my childhood of when Derry football team used to make it to All Ireland semi finals, my father used to take me to the wax museum after, good memories of carefree childhood, the only period of joy in a humans existence.
    up the dubs. *****

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TOPDAWG2.0

Any word at all on a stage time? Enjoying a few beers here watching City and Chelsea and I can't imagine he's gonna be anywhere near a stage until that's finished......

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Im getting this second hand and havent confirmed for myself but heard miles kane is on at 8.05 so cant see liam om before 9..confirm for yoursslf! (Miles Kane Insta)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

No interest in miles kane but want to see twisted wheel, won't make it in there for half an hour though so sounds like I'll miss them?
    Few pints first then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Twisted wheel look well worth arriving for. Miles Cain is abit safe watered down pop rock stuff as far as I can make of it. Like Jake Bug sort of stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭COH

Any word on stage times lads? Stuck in traffic here

Ten past 9 seems to be the general consensus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭cullenswood

9:15 so say the staff

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Really enjoyed that. Brought me back to the mid nineties again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

That was pretty epic. Liam is a f*cking legend. The final 45 minutes was non-stop Oasis hits back-to-back. Totally awesome way to finish. Goddamn, what I'd do for a reunion.... Only slight disappointment was him doing a piano-only version of Champagne Supernova as the last song of the 1st encore. Not really an epic way of finishing, at least compared to the standard version of the song. But the 2nd encore kind of makes up for it. A lot of idiots around me left after the 1st encore thinking it was all over.

A lot of the songs off his new album are great as well. Shockwave is fantastic live and Once is very Wonderwall-esque.

So many cups of beer being thrown down near the stage, though. Got absolutely drenched. What the hell is wrong with people?!

Speaking of which, did anyone else see the huge fight just right of the stage at the very end when Liam was throwing Maracas & Tamborines into the crowd? A couple of guys REALLY wanted that tamborine and were scrapping on the floor for 10 minutes over it. There was blood 'n everything. Absolute lunatics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How was the crowd

At the Cork show during the summer it was fairly rough

Too soon for me to go this weekend but enjoyed Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

That crowd was worse than Millwall v Leeds

F**king loved it though

Flares
    Bottles of Piss
    Fights
    Class A’s
    Tunes

Never change Liam fans :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Great gig. It's what you get fairly surprised at the amount of younger fans at the gig plennty late teens early 20s there... .

One sticking point is I had four pints before the gig..... I'm a 35 year old man and four pints in **** all but I was turned away and told to go to Eddie rockets for a burger ?

It seems it was totally random as others where in the same boat as myself ? Missed the support over this yet hammered teenagers all over the place getting in no bother ?

I wonder what kind of deal Security and Eddie have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

I see some **** got in with flares. It’s an indoor venue, WTF ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

piplip87 wrote: »
    One sticking point is I had four pints before the gig..... I'm a 35 year old man and four pints in **** all but I was turned away and told to go to Eddie rockets for a burger ?

turned away from getting into the arena??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

s8n wrote: »

Must say I like an auld flare at the football but I get why others don’t but indoors is ****ing idiocy.

Going tonight. Stage times?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

turned away from getting into the arena??

Yeah told to go too Eddie rockets for a burger, and come back in a half hour ? It was grand I did what I was told had no bother getting in the second time

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭KevoS2009

Standing ticket still available for tonight - €40

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Collie D wrote: »
    Going tonight. Stage times?

He was on at around 9.15 last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭COH

Only got sorted with tickets late in the day yesterday and got there about 8.30 with the wife.

Have to say I thought it was a whopper of a gig. Not a fan of the Three Arena for gigs in general but the sound was class! Crowd was great (a few rough pockets as to be expected but I like that tbh) and the energy from start to finish was excellent. Never seen cues for the cubicles in the lads jacks like it though ... very boomy.

Seemed to be quite a lot of support for his new stuff too and wasnt the case that the crowd died/went to the bar between old oasis tunes (wrll not as much as I thought it would anyway).

Probably try grab a couple tickets for tonight and go again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Why didn’t you just try another entrance / security person ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

s8n wrote: »

When even Liam tells you that it’s a bit much you know it’s bang out out order. Hopefully they scruff them out of the venue and barred for life.

Some people are just *****

What were the support acts like?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭hermano

One the highlights was the rendition of live forever in the jacks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

BDI wrote: »
    What were the support acts like?

Miles Kane as other said is pretty safe but he did bring good energy to his set and get the crowd going which is what a support act should do

Could be the sound but twisted wheel were dire. Just absolute noise in my opinion. Next to no integration with the crowd

Miles Kane as other said is pretty safe but he did bring good energy to his set and get the crowd going which is what a support act should do

Could be the sound but twisted wheel were dire. Just absolute noise in my opinion. Next to no integration with the crowd

Ah that’s a pity, I got the baby sitter to get here early so I could see twisted wheel, they’ve a few good songs, I only heard of them because they were playing the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Twisted Wheel are actually brilliant live, it must be next to impossible to get the crowd going at that 7pm slot though. That's sort of a courtesy slot cos Liam is a fan I suppose.
    Would've preferred them swapped with Miles Kane on the line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

That was so much fun last night..yes the crowd were messy and drunk but in good spirits overall. Big lapse in security heading in at around 8.30 at entrance 1..we were well back in the queue with probably couple hundred people in front of us and somebody opened an emergency exit door..loads of people just piled in the door..not a security person in site and we were in watching Miles Ksne within 10 seconds. Headed out to the smoking area after Miles and could see the staff shouting at each other..id say somebody got a bollicking over it lol. Was really looking forward to Gas Panic and Acquiese and both delivered in spades. Liams voice was better than ive heard it in a long time..he was on fire..whoever is going tonight is in for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I see Lyla has replaced Stand By Me in the setlist. Don't know why he'd do that. If making a change, at least make it a change for the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,162 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Did he do Gas Panic? Id love to see that

Advertisement