Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Boris Johnson in a bit of strife

123457

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 15,455 ✭✭✭✭ Spanish Eyes


    Any Greek heritage there from the lady or Johnson. They do love crashing their plates.

    But anyway, I think Rory Stewart ex MI5 apparently is laughing his socks off at this.


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    splinter65 wrote: »
    How long have you been married candie and how many kids have you got?

    Long term relationship here.

    See the thing is this. If I get upset, frustrated and angry at work for any reason, I don't lose my cool and throw things around or scream at my colleagues. I continue to treat them civilly and with respect, because I keep my temper under control. If I didn't I would rightly be called an hysterical bully, a hothead, or just someone with a vile temper. So I behave like a reasonable adult and sort things out without the dramatics.

    So when I have an argument with my partner, I already know that I can keep my temper if I want to and I apply the same rules of behaviour with him. I don't scream or shout at him, I don't throw things at him, I don't get into a temper with him, because I respect him as much and more as I do the people I work with.

    It's actually pretty easy, since I'm not prone to losing my temper anyway. This doesn't mean I don't get angry, because I do. I deal with it without losing my temper though. It doesn't mean that sometimes I'm not absolutely furious, but when that happens I still manage to control myself.

    If my partner treated me like that and lost control of himself, shouting, screaming and throwing things at me, we'd both be single.

    Your experience is obviously different, and if this is par for the course with you then that's your normal. Do not make the mistake of thinking that other peoples normal involves exactly the same behaviour as yours does.

    There is a huge difference between getting angry or frustrated and losing control of your own actions.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭ Dog Man Star


    I think we are seeing the end of the populist, right wing wave now, thank God. Erdogan has lost Istanbul and there are mass protests on the streets of the Czech Republic against a corrupt, right wing PM.

    Common sense has prevailed.

    I find it very unlikely that Johnson will be elected as PM, even if he is, he will be out before he has taken his coat off.

    The last populist nationalist will be voted out in November 2020, then we can get back to actually trying to get along with each other and keeping the planet safe for us to keep living here, rather than attacking people because of their skin colour.

    If the British people have a grain of sense, they will force a second referendum and vote to stay in the EU, at least until they have some idea of what it entails to leave, less they force the breakup of the UK.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭ meeeeh


    Johnson will be elected. Left wing neighbours call the police and then pass the recording of the argument to Guardian after they are informed no further action is necessary. Johnson's girlfriend is annoyed with neighbours. I think very good of people call the police or check on the neighbours if they hear noise but once you start passing recordings of private 'conversations' (police didn't see the need to take further action) to the media you loose your credibility.

    If people didn't realize that Boris Johnson is a selfish chancer and pretty despicable individual by now, I don't think this will change their opinion. Besides when alternative is Corbyn it doesn't even matter. Uk is f****d anyway.


  • Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭ Axl Rich Pimple


    I think we are seeing the end of the populist, right wing wave now, thank God. Erdogan has lost Istanbul and there are mass protests on the streets of the Czech Republic against a corrupt, right wing PM.

    Common sense has prevailed.

    I find it very unlikely that Johnson will be elected as PM, even if he is, he will be out before he has taken his coat off.

    The last populist nationalist will be voted out in November 2020, then we can get back to actually trying to get along with each other and keeping the planet safe for us to keep living here, rather than attacking people because of their skin colour.

    If the British people have a grain of sense, they will force a second referendum and vote to stay in the EU, at least until they have some idea of what it entails to leave, less they force the breakup of the UK.

    If you mean elected as in the tory party will elect him, then you're wrong, he will be elected. If you mean in a general election, the tories are finished I agree.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭ splinter65


    On that subject, do we know how many kids Johnson has?

    5


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭ splinter65


    Candie wrote: »
    Long term relationship here.

    See the thing is this. If I get upset, frustrated and angry at work for any reason, I don't lose my cool and throw things around or scream at my colleagues. I continue to treat them civilly and with respect, because I keep my temper under control. If I didn't I would rightly be called an hysterical bully, a hothead, or just someone with a vile temper. So I behave like a reasonable adult and sort things out without the dramatics.

    So when I have an argument with my partner, I already know that I can keep my temper if I want to and I apply the same rules of behaviour with him. I don't scream or shout at him, I don't throw things at him, I don't get into a temper with him, because I respect him as much and more as I do the people I work with.

    It's actually pretty easy, since I'm not prone to losing my temper anyway. This doesn't mean I don't get angry, because I do. I deal with it without losing my temper though. It doesn't mean that sometimes I'm not absolutely furious, but when that happens I still manage to control myself.

    If my partner treated me like that and lost control of himself, shouting, screaming and throwing things at me, we'd both be single.

    Your experience is obviously different, and if this is par for the course with you then that's your normal. Do not make the mistake of thinking that other peoples normal involves exactly the same behaviour as yours does.

    There is a huge difference between getting angry or frustrated and losing control of your own actions.

    Why are you pretending that Johnson’s girlfriend didn’t lose control and shout and roar too, and that she told the police that she didn’t need any help?


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    splinter65 wrote: »
    Why are you pretending that Johnson’s girlfriend didn’t lose control and shout and roar too, and that she told the police that she didn’t need any help?

    I'm not pretending anything. I'm replying to your assertion that throwing things, turning over furniture and screaming and shouting at each other is part of a normal adult relationship.

    You know that though.

    I've no idea if the screaming and throwing things in BJ's case was reciprocal or not. It does show that he's a man who loses control of his temper though, and that's not ideal in a leader, is it?


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭ splinter65


    Candie wrote: »
    I'm not pretending anything. I'm replying to your assertion that throwing things, turning over furniture and screaming and shouting at each other is part of a normal adult relationship.

    You know that though.

    I've no idea if the screaming and throwing things in BJ's case was reciprocal or not. It does show that he's a man who loses control of his temper though, and that's not ideal in a leader, is it?

    But it was reciprocal. She was heard to be screaming at him that he was spoilt and money wasn’t important to him. Are you saying you’ve never lost your temper?


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    splinter65 wrote: »
    But it was reciprocal. She was heard to be screaming at him that he was spoilt and money wasn’t important to him.

    As well as telling him to get off her and leave? Interesting, but it doesn't establish whether it was he, she, or both of them as the aggressor. We may never know more than the overheard parts and the spin we'll undoubtedly be fed.

    Are you saying you’ve never lost your temper?

    To the extent that I lost control and shouted and screamed at another person, upended furniture or threw plates? No.

    To the extent that I was angry enough to remove myself from the situation until I felt able to discuss it without losing control? Yes.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭ _blaaz


    splinter65 wrote: »
    But it was reciprocal. She was heard to be screaming at him that he was spoilt and money wasn’t important to him. Are you saying you’ve never lost your temper?

    So they are both emotionally immature


    Grown adults screaming at each other is pure sign the whole thing is gone toxic and not worth bothering with


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ dilallio


    https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2019/06/22/leave-means-leave-boris-johnsons-girlfriend/

    :D:D:D
    Boris Johnson’s girlfriend has apparently told a befuddled Boris Johnson that leave means leave during a heated row at her flat in the early hours of this morning.

    Despite explaining that “leave” means “get out” several times Mr Johnson is still in the flat demanding access to all of her utilities, the food in her fridge and her vagina.

    “Just because Mr Johnson will no longer be in a relationship with Ms Symonds it doesn’t mean he can’t enjoy all the benefits of being in a relationship with Ms Symonds.” A spokesman for Boris Johnson told The Rochdale Herald.

    “Obviously he’s still going to enjoy tariff free access to blowjobs and will continue to enjoy staying in the flat whenever he wants rent free without making a contribution to either rent, utilities or council tax.”

    “Saying that Mr Johnson would have to remain in the relationship to get free blowjobs, rent free accommodation and three square meals a day is just remoaner nonsense.”


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭ meeeeh


    splinter65 wrote: »
    But it was reciprocal. She was heard to be screaming at him that he was spoilt and money wasn’t important to him. Are you saying you’ve never lost your temper?

    There is an article in The Sunday Times that implies Boris Johns is prone to outbursts, sense of entitlement and so on. There seems to be a pattern.

    Anyway when his partner runs for office of prime minister her temperament will be scrutinized. But at the moment only behavior of one of them is relevant outside of relationship (as long as there is no domestic abuse).


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭ Jimmy Garlic


    I think before every time Boris makes a decision he asks himself "what would Captain Flashheart do?".


  • Registered Users Posts: 68,319 ✭✭✭✭ seamus


    splinter65 wrote: »
    But it was reciprocal. She was heard to be screaming at him that he was spoilt and money wasn’t important to him. Are you saying you’ve never lost your temper?
    Being reciprocal is irrelevant.

    It means that instead of one emotionally immature adult who can't control their anger, you now have two.

    But only one of them is vying to become the next PM, so that's the only one that matters.

    If Ms. Symonds is prone to outbursts, then that's her problem, not really a matter for public concern.

    If she is the only aggressor and Boris is completely faultless, then it should also be a matter of major concern that a potential leader of the country is in such a relationship and thus is not in a place that would allow them to lead effectively.

    There is no interpretation of this incident where Boris looks competent.

    That is, unless you have the insane belief that shouting, screaming and violence is part and parcel of a normal relationship.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Denver Acidic Mud


    S'Times poll of 1024 (in Alba): 53% say they would go independent if Boris gets in (as opposed to 49% currently).

    if Dup = Boris.
    Boris = i-Scotland
    + = UI.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭ Stop moaning ffs


    I think this whole thing is rather convenient.
    Happened the same week Boris denied having anything to do with Steve Bannon and Bannon coming out on tape saying he was heavily involved with Boris and advising him and his strategies.

    It’s classic ‘look over here, not over there, look over here’.

    Bizarre the domestic is on the front pages when there’s a far more serious story running unnoticed.

    British media either not doing its job or playing a blinder in directing the narrative away from the important story.


  • Registered Users Posts: 35,509 ✭✭✭✭ Boggles


    Meh, The Conservative Party Membership would probably welcome input from the likes of that snake Bannon.

    And even if it was intentional, it has backed fired, Major donor now calling for an explanation.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,224 ✭✭✭✭ Loafing Oaf


    I think this whole thing is rather convenient.
    Happened the same week Boris denied having anything to do with Steve Bannon and Bannon coming out on tape saying he was heavily involved with Boris and advising him and his strategies.

    It’s classic ‘look over here, not over there, look over here’.

    Bizarre the domestic is on the front pages when there’s a far more serious story running unnoticed.

    British media either not doing its job or playing a blinder in directing the narrative away from the important story.

    Okay so Boris and his missus staged the row as a distraction. Good job they hadn't run out of plates to smash before the neighbours called the cops...


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭ Stop moaning ffs


    Okay so Boris and his missus staged the row as a distraction. Good job they hadn't run out of plates to smash before the neighbours called the cops...

    Wasn’t suggesting the domestic was staged at all (although now I wonder).
    But the the timing and manner of the coverage tells you a lot. Only carol cadwallader seeks to be asking and raising awareness about the Bannon involvement. BBC etc haven’t touched it.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭ James Brown


    Screaming AND shouting? Outrageous. You may as well throw in the kitchen sink. Banging? Horrendous.

    TBF she seemingly screamed 'Get off me' and things were heard breaking. I'd call the police. He'll likely still win.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ Jupiter Mulligan


    seamus wrote: »

    That is, unless you have the insane belief that shouting, screaming and violence is part and parcel of a normal relationship.

    Define "normal".

    The sex is infinitely better in a tempestuous relationship - and I speak from a position of authority on that one! :D


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Denver Acidic Mud


    Some shortening on price for JHunt, however still x4 more likely Boris has it in the bag.
    8jvhS2Q.png

    The only person that can stop him is himself, and as long as he doesn't start fistycuffs with Khan or set upon the housecat at #10 won't be stopped.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,086 ✭✭✭✭ Harry Palmr


    Max Hastings, his old boss at the Telegraph speaking as he finds

    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/24/boris-johnson-prime-minister-tory-party-britain
    I have known Johnson since the 1980s, when I edited the Daily Telegraph and he was our flamboyant Brussels correspondent. I have argued for a decade that, while he is a brilliant entertainer who made a popular maître d’ for London as its mayor, he is unfit for national office, because it seems he cares for no interest save his own fame and gratification.

    Tory MPs have launched this country upon an experiment in celebrity government, matching that taking place in Ukraine and the US, and it is unlikely to be derailed by the latest headlines. The Washington columnist George Will observes that Donald Trump does what his political base wants “by breaking all the china”. We can’t predict what a Johnson government will do, because its prospective leader has not got around to thinking about this. But his premiership will almost certainly reveal a contempt for rules, precedent, order and stability.

    Bit by bit the issue of "character" is building from mole hill to a mound.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭ B0jangles




    I've been saying this for years - going by his public persona Boris Johnson is nothing more than a dinner party raconteur. He's able to remember a few decent jokes, plus one or two latin tags to impress the easily impressed with his boundless erudition, and that's it. There is no depth or intellect there.


  • Registered Users Posts: 68,319 ✭✭✭✭ seamus


    I guess what's happening in the UK and US is the ultimate evolution of the kind of reality TV that started in the late 90's - by putting people in charge who treat their entire existence as a reality TV show, with no consideration for the consequences.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,086 ✭✭✭✭ Harry Palmr


    HIGNFY has much to answer for, who'd have guessed they'd reduce Roy Hattersley to a tub of lard while elevating Johnson to some sort of jokey national treasure.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,897 ✭✭✭✭ Gael23


    He’s in a bowl of hot water to say the least



  • Registered Users Posts: 30,847 ✭✭✭✭ Penn


    Just gets worse and worse. The parallel being drawn now by a party the night before Prince Philip's funeral where The Queen had to sit alone.... oof....



  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ Toeuptony


    The same Queen who he previously has been proven to lie to about the prorogation of Parliament.



This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement