Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boris Johnson in a bit of strife

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Screaming AND shouting? Outrageous. You may as well throw in the kitchen sink. Banging? Horrendous.

TBF she seemingly screamed 'Get off me' and things were heard breaking. I'd call the police. He'll likely still win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

seamus wrote: »

That is, unless you have the insane belief that shouting, screaming and violence is part and parcel of a normal relationship.

Define "normal".

The sex is infinitely better in a tempestuous relationship - and I speak from a position of authority on that one! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Some shortening on price for JHunt, however still x4 more likely Boris has it in the bag.
    8jvhS2Q.png

The only person that can stop him is himself, and as long as he doesn't start fistycuffs with Khan or set upon the housecat at #10 won't be stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Max Hastings, his old boss at the Telegraph speaking as he finds

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/24/boris-johnson-prime-minister-tory-party-britain
    I have known Johnson since the 1980s, when I edited the Daily Telegraph and he was our flamboyant Brussels correspondent. I have argued for a decade that, while he is a brilliant entertainer who made a popular maître d’ for London as its mayor, he is unfit for national office, because it seems he cares for no interest save his own fame and gratification.

Tory MPs have launched this country upon an experiment in celebrity government, matching that taking place in Ukraine and the US, and it is unlikely to be derailed by the latest headlines. The Washington columnist George Will observes that Donald Trump does what his political base wants “by breaking all the china”. We can’t predict what a Johnson government will do, because its prospective leader has not got around to thinking about this. But his premiership will almost certainly reveal a contempt for rules, precedent, order and stability.

Bit by bit the issue of "character" is building from mole hill to a mound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I've been saying this for years - going by his public persona Boris Johnson is nothing more than a dinner party raconteur. He's able to remember a few decent jokes, plus one or two latin tags to impress the easily impressed with his boundless erudition, and that's it. There is no depth or intellect there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I guess what's happening in the UK and US is the ultimate evolution of the kind of reality TV that started in the late 90's - by putting people in charge who treat their entire existence as a reality TV show, with no consideration for the consequences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

HIGNFY has much to answer for, who'd have guessed they'd reduce Roy Hattersley to a tub of lard while elevating Johnson to some sort of jokey national treasure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

He’s in a bowl of hot water to say the least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,213 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just gets worse and worse. The parallel being drawn now by a party the night before Prince Philip's funeral where The Queen had to sit alone.... oof....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Toeuptony

The same Queen who he previously has been proven to lie to about the prorogation of Parliament.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,514 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement