Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm or hot with thunderstorm potential Sun eve 23rd---->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Very hazy sunshine in Tallaght now. Not as sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

klaaaz wrote: »
    For the history books :)

zxIgtkA.png

where'd it go? Fell asleep ( migraine meds) and it passed us by and hardly even a drop of rain for my garden,. HUH!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

Graces7 wrote: »
    Oh dear! Just looked at the met ie rainfall chart and wish i hadn;t
    https://www.met.ie/
    Never seen those colours on it before. And heading right this way..
    west mayo offshore island where the sky is darkening already

bloody hell, the lightning in that cell off the coast is unreal...

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

It feels so different now the wind has dropped. More oppressive. Darker. Not pleasant..west mayo offshore island

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I’ve had 2-3 good days in Dublin.

they were good in terms of sunshine but in terms of temperature, very dissapointing considering the crazy high uppers we had. That north-east wind helped by colder than normal sea temperatures really took any warmth away until today for many of us. Yesterday the sun was nice and the gin blue skies looked great, but the nip in that wind took away any feeling of warmth.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

jkforde wrote: »
    bloody hell, the lightning in that cell off the coast is unreal...

a minature version of the 1985 storm with perhaps similar intensity, all drifting out to sea, could have been epic for Galway/Mayo. would have been interesting to see the reports here and videos/images.

Gonzo wrote: »
    a minature version of the 1985 storm with perhaps similar intensity, all drifting out to sea, could have been epic for Galway/Mayo. would have been interesting to see the reports here and videos/images.

I am happy that it decided not to hit this wee island. Very happy! It looked ...spectating from afar and participating are very different animals.. Interesting that way before it was on the radar I was hit by an epic migraine, rare for me. Eased off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

24C now on both my therms north Dub. There was a few minutes of a very strong breeze bringing the horror of yesterday back but it's settled to just a welcoming gentle breeze now as its quite balmy. Sun is very strong, slap on that sun cream! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Stunning morning and afternoon in Meath.
    Clouded over in last 10 mins.

getting cloudier here now, still feeling fairly warm but it doesn't even close to the many warm or hot days we had last summer. Still in what has been a cool summer so far, i'll gladly take any warm days we get.

edit: temperature 23C here now making today the warmest day of the year, beating Easter Sunday by 1 degree. Easter Sunday felt warmer tho as the sunshine was much stronger.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Lackadaisical

Dank and drizzly in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Fast Twitch

getting cloudier here now, still feeling fairly warm but it doesn't even close to the many warm or hot days we had last summer. Still in what has been a cool summer so far, i'll gladly take any warm days we get.

edit: temperature 23C here now making today the warmest day of the year, beating Easter Sunday by 1 degree. Easter Sunday felt warmer tho as the sunshine was much stronger.

The Easter weekend weather was amazing, lovely when you get the combo of a late Easter and the right synoptics.

You often feel you're going to pay for it too! April 2007 was a bit like that. Lovely weather continued until the start of June when the weather really broke. It was the start of a run of bad summers (2010 reasonable) until 2013. Then Easter 1984 was record breaking in high temps and that summer was a very good one. These things can go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭highdef

From about lunchtime, I was stuck under a stationary Lenti type cloud. There was unbroken sun for a couple of hours within a couple of hundred metres from me. Sun broke through again for about 30 minutes recently which helped push the temperature to the max of today, 27.5c. Cloudy again but bright and feeling very pleasantly warm despite the lack of sun as the winds have become quite light. North Kildare.

sun gone here now, totally clouded up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

https://www.tiitraffic.ie/weather/

Nothing at all there at 25 or above at 250 pm
    Newbridge bypass co Kildare only 21.3c
    Arklow warmer than Carlow ..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Warm humid, very gusty and overcast for the midwest

Nothing like yesterday's heatwave tbh ...

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Lovely day up here in Belfast, 21 degrees and sunny. Quite windy but very pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭tucker1971

Kildare offaly border. Started out a beautiful hot day, but has slowly deteriorated. Overcast blustety and gone cool.

Barbecue cancelled.

sun gone here now, totally clouded up.

LOL, that's the cloud that just passed me a short while ago! It's fast moving though, I can see another 2nd cloud coming along soon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,707 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Sun totally disappeared now in Dublin 13, overcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Sun has poked out in West Clare, temperature 22.3°c and climbing. 73% humidity so a tad heavy.

Huge cloud has formed in Dublin, temp dropped to 23C and it's so calm out with hardly any wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The all time high temperature record for France has gone, in the last hour it reached 45.9C or 114.6F at the town of Gallargues le Monteaux in the Camargues, just NE of Montpellier and only about 20km from the Med coast.

All I can say is the poor feckers, that is beyond hazardous.

Hazily clouded mountains and cool out. a small breeze ..Dwelling still warm from the day.. all is calm and well

west mayo offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The all time high temperature record for France has gone, in the last hour it reached 45.9C or 114.6F at the town of Gallargues le Monteaux in the Camargues, just NE of Montpellier and only about 20km from the Med coast.

All I can say is the poor feckers, that is beyond hazardous.

Yep, that's some serious heat.

D-KUSE8WsAgYziT?format=jpg&name=medium

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Just to illustrate how dull its been in Waterford City today the Max Solar reading at my station was 139W/m2 while the record June value is 1136W/m2. Really has been such an anti climax after yesterday.

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

cloudy here since 3pm, we didn't even get one day of warm sunshine from this spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Well at least we got one good sunny day out of this spell, back to the usual dull and grey in Letterkenny since late morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭the2hurdys

Not a sight of sun today in South Tipp...clouds being very stubborn

Advertisement