Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introducing the Current Affairs/IMHO forum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,176 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I have been called an 'idiot' several times, a 'trumptard', a 'clapping seal' and 'stupid' among other hurtful things. I have been refered to as 'racist' for simply supporting the president. I did report these incidents for a while but gave up when I saw no mod action being taken. I can tell you now, if I went into the thread and called someone an 'idiot' just once, I'd be gone. One thing Boards.ie always did in the past was protect its users from personal abuse, not any more it seems... I believe it is because I support President Trump. The mods can deny it all they want in this thread, they are fooling no one.

Not seeing action is not evidence of a lack of action. Forum bans in particular rarely involve any public disclosure of the fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

DubInMeath wrote: »
    I'd be the last person to be claiming the mods are biased against yourself missus, if I was you.

You said in the thread that's still open that any woman that trump might have grabbed by the pussy wasn't sexually assaulted because in your warped opinion they automatically consented because he was famous.
    Apart from the mod deleting the your post and the replies calling it what it was, a scummy comment, you were allowed stay in the thread after a two day thread ban.
    I've seen people site banned for less. That doesn't even include the number of fake videos and and articles you posted and commented on as gospel.

In the grab em by the pussey clip, Trump clearly states that he has consent. Go listen to it yourself. "They let you do it because your a star". The media you are comsuming keeps leaving that part out. There was nothing scummy about what I said hence the ban was an error

In the grab em by the pussey clip, Trump clearly states that he has consent. Go listen to it yourself. "They let you do it because your a star". The media you are comsuming keeps leaving that part out. There was nothing scummy about what I said hence the ban was an error

Tbh, when you interact with posters like this, it's literally riling people and it's probably never going to lead to productive discussion.

Overheal wrote: »
    Not seeing action is not evidence of a lack of action. Forum bans in particular rarely involve any public disclosure of the fact.

There were no forum bans, the posters are still there. There was no action as the behaviour continues... you yourself have gotten away with murder. Oh an just to be clear, I dont want bans & I actually dont give a sh1t what people call me. What I really have a problem with is the double standard

It was scummy missus, and if want to try and defend it and trump for doing it, you need help.

• Advertisement

It was scummy missus, and if want to try and defend it and trump for doing it, you need help.

If you want, we can continue this by pm as it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. I will happily elaborate why I feel Trump has done nothing wrong & Id love to hear your arguments too

If you want, we can continue this by pm as it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. I will happily elaborate why I feel Trump has done nothing wrong & Id love to hear your arguments too

It's actually got plenty to do with the topic in hand.

at what stage does hobbyhorsing with several hundred word posts about getting a card ten years ago for the twentieth time become abuse of the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

at what stage does hobbyhorsing with several hundred word posts about getting a card ten years ago for the twentieth time become abuse of the thread

I don’t know but the horse is long since flogged.

So what I'm reading here is that's it's OK to sexually assault someone who may not complain about it because it would likely be detrimental to their career in some way?

So I just need to steer away from sexually assualting women who might be uncowed by me? Or can I still sexually assault them but I just shouldn't talk about it in an interview?

Hmm, it's not as clear cut as I thought. Maybe you ARE right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,345 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Smee_Again wrote: »
    It’s just so hard to know who is the more trustworthy poster, the mods or the person who posts edited clips, links to easily proven lies and even Tommy Robinson’s website.

I wouldn't be too quick to trust mods either, tbh

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This thread is about the Current Affairs Forum - not other forums. It's also for general feedback on the forum, not somewhere to discuss the merits or otherwise of individual actions - there are other avenues to discuss specific mod actions

Now back on topic, as if the bickering continues we may just have to close this thread up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Are jibes about posters mental health or illness allowed or is it just in real life that they are not tolerated?

There were no forum bans, the posters are still there. There was no action as the behaviour continues... you yourself have gotten away with murder. Oh an just to be clear, I dont want bans & I actually dont give a sh1t what people call me. What I really have a problem with is the double standard

Who died?

Are jibes about posters mental health or illness allowed or is it just in real life that they are not tolerated?

Don't know about yourself personally, but there's nothing that I say on here that I haven't or wouldn't say in real life.

But then again I personally haven't met anyone who tries to defend someone sexually assaulting people and saying that they automatically consented to being assaulted.

Don't know about yourself personally, but there's nothing that I say on here that I haven't or wouldn't say in real life.

But then again I personally haven't met anyone who tries to defend someone sexually assaulting people and saying that they automatically consented to being assaulted.

Is it a coincidence that it was you that replied or do you think you might have written something you knew was borderline?

Looks like you got away with it.

Is it a coincidence that it was you that replied or do you think you might have written something you knew was borderline?

Looks like you got away with it.

Just.answering about what I'd do in real life as per your comment.

Didn't say anything that wasn't the truth, did I?

Didn't say anything that wasn't the truth, did I?

You wont mind typing it again so. You can stand by it and be proud of yourself

The reply about Trump isnt the comment I'm talking about.

You wont mind typing it again so. You can stand by it and be proud of yourself

That I think anyone sexually assaulting someone is scummy, no I don't have any issues saying that, why would/should I?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I don't actually know what the issue is with threads going over 10000 posts, but there seems to be one, and as the CA election thread is on just over 9000 posts, it might be worth a new thread, as there will be a deluge of posts over the coming hours.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

osarusan wrote: »
    I don't actually know what the issue is with threads going over 10000 posts, but there seems to be one, and as the CA election thread is on just over 9000 posts, it might be worth a new thread, as there will be a deluge of posts over the coming hours.
    Hamsters perish in a very unpleasant fashion

Apparently it does create system issues, and 10k was a reasonably arbitrary number (there are some old, long-since closed, threads that have a multiple of that number - just did a sort by post number in the Soccer Forum for example and there's a thread with 33k posts) but one that everyone is pretty familiar with and so we'll get reports if one does stray over that threshold

We'll keep an eye on the thread, and probably start a new one before one of us heads off to bed!

When a large thread is being posted to on the site, you feel it. Makes the hamsters crawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

To be fair to the mods, they can only deal with reported posts. I have had that discussion with them.

There are posters who in their anger or disappointment at something not going their way revert to reporting a number of posts of those they disagree with. I have been a victim of that, with some relatively mild posts reported compared to pages of drivel being let go. I can't be bothered reporting all of it, would be a waste of mods time, but like you say, because I don't do that, and my posts get reported, I end up getting warnings or thread bans, despite being far from the worst.

I am not going to lower myself to that level of tit-for-tat, but there is no easy solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Lad banned there for saying Biden has dementia. You know that he could have early stage dementia and not be diagnosed? I can't imagine how thin-skinned you have to be to be unable to read people's opinions about your dear leader.

Lad banned there for saying Biden has dementia. You know that he could have early stage dementia and not be diagnosed? I can't imagine how thin-skinned you have to be to be unable to read people's opinions about your dear leader.

Which poster, the one saying Biden would walk on for the inauguration with his trousers around his ankles and similar, or the other one also quoting conspiracy theories?

Been several warnings and announcements about this both in this very thread and in the forum. Don't know what's left to complain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just wondering if mods are going to take control of the biden/Trump main thread? Constant attacks on anyone who isn't on the Biden train. And responding with gifs of snowflakes etc is the same as name calling! What happened all the rules you set out on name calling? If all bets are off then I'll give back as good as I get.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Overheal wrote: »
    Been several warnings and announcements about this both in this very thread and in the forum. Don't know what's left to complain about.

There's no medical evidence Biden has a stutter, so a lot of posts to delete. It's literally disallowing opinions or even comments on someone's physical or mental wellbeing, that includes all the millions of posts calling trump insane, narcissistic etc. As a principle it means any claims have to be incontrovertible and opinions simply aren't allowed. Great look for a discussion site and a lot of work for the mods who don't understand and can't defend their own actions.

i agree with the above

the bar for fair comment has been set impractically low, tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Just wondering if mods are going to take control of the biden/Trump main thread? Constant attacks on anyone who isn't on the Biden train. And responding with gifs of snowflakes etc is the same as name calling! What happened all the rules you set out on name calling? If all bets are off then I'll give back as good as I get.

Report posts. Reported posts are being reviewed and where appropriate, actioned. Plenty on BOTH sides have been actioned since polling day and further back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement