Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Ascot - Day 3, 20/06/2019

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

On a side note. I just rewatched the race there as I was glued to the fav in real-time.

Jesus the winner did an awful lot wrong. Looked very green in the middle part of the race. Think he is a pretty smart horse. Definitely a group performer
    Numerian worth a second look back in 5th too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

The bookies will be taking tens of thousands of Frankie Dettori accumulators and lucky 15s bets tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Johner wrote: »
    Great publicity for the bookies this, you'll have people doing multiples now every weekend on Frankie. In reality not that many people back him blind and bookies clean up most days.

Biggest payout ever they were saying if all 6 won, lol how much have they won on mugs backing Frankie multiples blind since 1996 so.

The above is probably accurate but you're a sham for waiting to post it until the last one lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Johner wrote: »
    Great publicity for the bookies this, you'll have people doing multiples now every weekend on Frankie. In reality not that many people back him blind and bookies clean up most days.

Biggest payout ever they were saying if all 6 won, lol how much have they won on mugs backing Frankie multiples blind since 1996 so.

The above is probably accurate but you're a sham for waiting to post it until the last one lost.

Okay bud.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Backing Eminence ew in the last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Oisin Murphy not a happy man

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Oisin Murphy not a happy man

What happened?

O'Brien 1-2-3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

My bets today.
    2.30: No bet, want to oppose fav but struggling.
    3.05: Sangarius (NAP)
    3.40: Fresnel
    4.20: No bet, but have it between the top 3 in market clear of rest.
    5.00: Turgenev/Numerian
    5.35: Almania

One winner, one unplaced and three places (with Paddys extra places). Decent day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Nice of Aidan to let Seamie get a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Backed that one this morning, that was a nice end to the day was only hovering over break even before that one.

Three 2nd out of six races.
    That was a bit like yesterday.
    My only return was laying Frankie, and that nearly cost me.

I was browsing the Racing Post website tonight when I saw a name that looked familiar.
    Last week the person e-mailed me an invoice for May 2019 boarding of my mare at his farm in France.

In 2017 he pinhooked a foal, and then sold him as a yearling for four times the original purchase price. That horse won at Ascot this week.

I feel nearly famous. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

I fancy Sangarius to be punted and win the Hampton court. So backed him there on way home. Will add my other selections to this post in the morning.

Norfolk: Maven @16/1(0.5 point win) Real Appeal @25/1(0.5 point win)
    Hampton Court: Sangarius @8/1(2 points win)
    Gold Cup: Cross Counter @7/2(2 points win), Master of Reality @100/1(0.25 points each way)
    Brittania: Dark Vision @28/1(1 points e/w 1/5 6 places), Eclipse Storm @66/1(0.25 points e/w 1/5 6 places)
    King George V: Sinjarri @5/1(2 points e/w 1/5 5 places)

Staked: 12 points

*Updated selections

Not a bad day again with Sangarius and the long shot placing in the gold cup.

Staked: 11.50(0.5 stake back off Maven who was a NR)
    Returned: 22.45(5c rule 4 on Sangarius)
    P/L: + 10.95

Added to running total.
    Staked: 33
    Returned: 59.45
    P/L: +26.45

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

akelly02 wrote: »
    Everybody against the best stayer around .

Not me

what a horse

I had one winner and plenty of seconds this week.

Today I am going to watch and enjoy
    15:40 Hello Youmzain 10.00
    16:20 Watch Me 24.00

If Hello Youmzain wins I might put the lot on Watch Me. :(

Advertisement