Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot e2008

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Could be 12v battery. Flashing dash because it's trying to start, gets enough juice to light up the dashboard, not enough to turn the car on, craps out, rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CurranBun

I actually think you are correct. Tow guy is here and said the same thing. He said they are seeing this allot with EV's… He is able to jump it - but having issues with handbrake coming off to get it onto truck!

If it was me I'd connect the jump leads to the battery and run the jump car at 2-3k revs for about 10 minutes to get some juice into the battery. Did that recently with a car whose battery was so flat the charger just went "lol, that's not a battery". After the jump session the charger worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭garyskeepers

Oh no,, that sounds awful.. Im sorry to hear.

On that note, I MAY have a problem, Can anyone tell me before i ring the garage and sound stupid.

3 of the windows roll down, and the 4th doesn't. It clicks when you press the button but no movement. I wasn't aware you can have a lock on one window, is that the case, or is it likely its damaged?

It's normally a lock on both back windows, not just one. And usually controlled from the driver's seat, so if there's no lock button there, it's the window mechanism I'm afraid.

I'm assuming it's a Peugeot e2008?

• Advertisement

Yes it's a Peugeot e2008.

I only got it last week so they can take it back and fix it. The heated seat is fairly intermittent too, so they can do that too :)

Update on my own - it is the 12V battery. And got the joyful call to say as it is a UK import it only has a 3 year warranty - not the 5 - so our warranty has lapsed.

e480 being charged for it. Cant even say no as the car was towed there and we would have to tow it again to take it back, so had to say yes.

We have decided that due to constant issues - have had it 18 months and it has been into them 5 times with diff issues - to take a hit and get rid and trade it in and find something else. Cant handle the pressure of starting it each day and waiting for another warning light or issue - getting it towed at a cost then costs to get it fixed.

Again to note I feel we may be just unlucky that it is our car specifically. Such a pity as it is a beutiful car to look at and drive!

We are sick with the hit we are gonna get with the trade in price! (We bought it when EVs where sought after so paid the higher price for it - compared to what they are selling for now)

That's a shame. I am a bit suspicious of the need to replace the battery as generally a flat battery does not necessarily mean a dead battery. I've rescued such batteries before, multiple times and they can go on for years afterwards.

Anyway, there's nothing can be done about it now, I'm tempted to suggest you get the old battery off the dealer just to (a) satisfy my curiosity (not a great reason tbh) and (b) to have a spare for emergencies.

I used an old battery out of one of my cars as a power bank for a solar panel on a shed roof. Worked great for years.

Ah we collected the car today. Paid the money for the fix.

Went and looked in 2 large garages and got quoted 15k for our 3 year old car!!!

So we are obviosly going to keep it and hope and pray things improve and the car has ran out of its bad luck!!

Have posted in another discussion to see if I can find a local garage that might be better on fix / repair costs if it happens again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Did the garage give any more information on what exactly the problem was?

If you were any way confident the problem is sorted hanging onto the car seems the best bet.

• Advertisement

No Just replacement of V12 Batt. Lab Cost €210, Batt Cost €155 then VAT.

I am keeping it as there is no way it is only worth 15k, even with the market drop as it is. Its a beutiful car, 3 years old. Hope luck will be on my side now for the forseeable and I can continue to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭obi604

What year is your car?
    labour of 210 Euro to replace the 12v battery seems a bit Irish.

Post edited by obi604 on

its a 2021 - so 3 years old!! and ringing them again now as ever since I got it back its not charging fully!

Where do you think we stand on this - since I collected the car on Wed - it has not charged fully. Wed Night it only charged to 238K (usually get it to 280K on full charge) Friday only charged to 128k, last night only charged to 240K.

I rang Peugeot and told them that since it has been in with them, it is now not charging correctly. They advised they will take it in and look at it but if it is not related to the 12V issues then it be another charge?

It was charging with no issues untill it went dead and was towed in. I am infuriated that they will charge me again? I dont know what to be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ULEZ23

when you say it’s only charging to xxK, are you saying you are seeing a lower range than pre battery change? What’s the % charged saying?

It you are simply saying that you see less k’s from a full charge I’m guessing that they had to reset and clear memory during battery change and result is car has lost the memory of how you drive which gave a higher range. It will come back as it relearns your driving style.

To some other posters, changing battery in a modern car is not a switch in and out job, it requires coding as the lifetime draw on a battery is recorded in the cars ECU and the car will change how it uses the battery based on battery age / cycles etc. If you simply change the battery without coding (telling the car you have a new battery) then the car thinks you still have the old battery and treats it like such. They probably booked 90mins / 2 hours labour for this job encompassing the physical battery change, code and check afterwards multiplied by their expensive hourly rate.

While no doubt it’s expensive, posters here also anppear to be ignorant of modern electronics and simply underestimate the work involved.

Thanks for this - I never thought of the memory of the KM's etc - It only charged to 90% last night. Ill do it again today and see if it improves. FIngers crossed

Quick Question.

My Peugeot has a km per hour charging rate rather than a charging power @kW instead.

How do i figure out what speed I am getting in kw rather than have a "6 km per hour" speed

What charger are you using? Afaik, you get that Km/hr when granny charging, but kWh when on faster chargers.

Not sure what charger im using, by "granny charging", do you mean with a 3 pin socket?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Firblog

Do these have heated seats and steering wheel? Had a spin in one today, couldn't see any buttons for them.

• Advertisement

No it's a fast charger. Usually gets 20km per hour when there is no other car plugged into the other side, but 6km per hour when there is.

Yes it has heated seats. it has the seat icons both left and right of the Piano Keys.

No Heated steering wheel on mine though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Guessing the heated seats are only on the GT models.

I'd suggest with pre-conditioning this is less of a (first-world) issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Firblog

@garyskeepers "No it's a fast charger. Usually gets 20km per hour when there is no other car plugged into the other side, but 6km per hour when there is."

Don't understand what this means.. never heard of charging speeds being measured in km per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

20km per hour (which seems a weird way of measuring charging speed) seems really slow for a fast charger? My ioniq charges about 15% in an hour on our 7kW home charger, which is ~40-45km of range

Yeah im not sure why it does this,, doesn't seem to be a way to change it. Maybe someone else with the Peugeot app can confirm?

Some more Questions

1. When driving in 'B' , should the car come to an eventual stop? or just drag along at around 8km per hour?

2. Is a way i can get an automatic boot opening?

3. When using the infotainment system. No matter what screen I am on, I would expect there to be a default screen that it changes back to after X amount of time ? This is not the case.

4. Does anyone else have a problem with it recognising your USB Key some times, and not other time? and the need to plug out and re-insert?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭conor_mc

1. Yes, it doesn’t come to a full stop
    2. don’t know
    3. Correct, no default screen
    4. Had problems myself with a brand new USB data cable not being recognised for CarPlay in e2008 but fine in eGolf. Suspect a slightly dodgy implementation of USB in e2008.

Advertisement