Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot e2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Aidan No1

Hi just wondering if there was any feedback on this model. I may be getting one as a company car in the coming months to interested in feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

id be interested to know the feedback (if any) on the e2008 as well, esp how it stacks up against the eC4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Anyone driving one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭irbx

My dad ordered one of these as every other EV makers were saying next year or pushing PHEV/ICE. The dealer told him it be here in first week July.

He loved the test drive he put deposit their and then.

But don't see to much online about them since they launched almost 2 years ago so nice to see some Irish feedback on them.

From my looking seems to 300km range at 90km/h or 240km range at 120km/h which is more then enough of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭fafy

I test drove one about a year ago, way too slow for me, 0 to 100km, takes 9 seconds, but may suit some people.Similar power level to the latest Zoe. This & the e 208 are quite stylish though tbf, and a good price point.

Anyone who tries say a VW ID 3 (204 bhp)or the BMW i3, which are both similar in pickup - first, and then drives an e 2008, will notice a huge difference in power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Aidan No1

Hi I started this post and have since started driving the e2008. This is my first electric car

I am really enjoying the car. Not really a car person, see them as more functional than a thing of beauty however I think this car is great both inside and our style wise.

Range is accurate, it does not like going above 90km on the motorway, the car will do it quite comfortably but the range plummets. It may take 9 seconds to go from 0 to 100 as per a previous post which may be slow??? But I find that in sport mode it is the most responsive nippy car I have ever driven.

Not sure what else should be included in a review but if more information is needed, feel free to as questions. I will answer what I can

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

I’m 9 months into my first EV, picked the e2008 as within my budget and have enjoyed driving it daily. The cheaper running costs was my main reason for changing over from diesel but am an advocate now. 1st “service” was €50 and servicing intervals @20k. (Previous diesel was €180 every 10k 🤮). I’ve 35k on the clock commuting daily from Kildare to Dublin along the N7. Range during the summer is comfortably 250 in normal mode doing speed limits, any mad acceleration will obviously affect this, currently dash reading 14.2kw/100. Winter months a bit hairy at first due to heating, wipers on and outside temps, so range closer to 170/180 in normal mode. My commute is 110klm in total so still falls within my acceptable range in winter. Car is comfortable with some gadgets, reversing camera is decent, regen works well on the back roads and slow moving traffic. Another service due next month so be interesting to see what the cost is at 40k.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭BaguMka

Hi. I've received my Peugeot e2008 2 weeks ago. So far love it. The range is accurate I do 280-300km if drive under 100km/h. I commute to work to Dublin from Kildare too and my roundtrip is 100km. Free charger at work so no complaints. Can you tell me if 50euro service was at official dealer ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭BaguMka

Hi. I've received my Peugeot e2008 2 weeks ago. So far love it. The range is accurate I do 280-300km if drive under 100km/h. I commute to work to Dublin from Kildare too and my roundtrip is 100km. Free charger at work so no complaints. Can you tell me if 50euro service was at official dealer ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭almae

Please need advice and reassurance if there is any to be had.

We bought a E 2008 allure 232.

I'm finding it very hard to adjust to automatic driving.

I don't know if it's me or the car but when turning right or left from traffic lights it seems as if the car stalls yet it still going if you understand.

I've had other drivers blowing me off the road because the car was lacking to get moving. I felt like crying and I'm 47🙈🤣

Still having a mare getting used to the w peddles.

Is this teething problems. I've a knot in my stomach over this. I dread driving it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭fafy

It could be a vehicle fault.

Even if it is not a fault, go back to the dealer immediately, and ask for assistance, as it can take getting used to, the change to EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭eagerv

Get it checked out, or let a friend who is used to automatics test it. With a front wheel drive electric car it is easy enough to cause the traction control to operate, feeling as though the car is stalling. Of course, it is possible there is also a fault with the car..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Kinda sounds like you’re in one pedal mode and when you lift off going around a corner the regen breaking is slowing you down (I presume the E2008 has a one pedal mode).

Go back to the dealer and ask them to check it out. A lot of dealers are doing a very poor job handing over electric cars to first time owners. I know an older chap who thought his car couldn’t fast charge because the dealer never showed him the bottom DC flap bit of the charging port, only the AC. Pulled up to a charger and couldn’t use it because he thought the plug didn’t fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭sh81722

e-2008 should be well nippy. Make sure you're not hitting the brake and accelerator at the same time as that disables the motor. You should only be using the right foot for both pedals. Just forget that you have a left foot.

Has anyone noticed today that e remote , climate and charging ability is gone from the mypeugeot app ?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭idc

just opened app and it had the climate and charging buttons but there was some other message about controlling charging remotely using e-remote , when that message disappeared got same screen as you -- climate and charging option gone.

Side question does vehicles last known location work - mine 99% of time reports car is at home. only once have i seen seen it remote a different location I had driven too!

By any chance did you do any software updates yesterday, a few people who did are having this issue.

My car always seems to report last location at home even when I'm not

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭idc

Yes had installed latest version of the App. Connected to car via bluetooth this morning and it downloaded trips but still two options missing.

But also sent email to Irish CustomerSupport and filled form on UK website. Then checked app this evening and Charge and Climate options had returned

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭obi604

Hi.

what is the realistic range of this car at 120kph? In summer and then winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭joe1303l

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭obi604

Nice one, thank you.

Are the figures on this webpage relatively accurate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Yes, pretty much. It would be give you a fair guide and demonstrates the differential between summer/winter temperatures and the effect of high speed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 peugeotabudhabi

Some reviews mention that it has over-light steering and vague handling, but offers a soft ride.

In terms of pricing, it is positioned against other electric SUVs such as the Hyundai Kona Electric, Kia Niro EV, and Volvo EX30. The Peugeot e-2008 is considered a good option for urban driving, where its characteristics are best suited.

What are the main rivals of the Peugeot e-2008 in the electric SUV market, and how does it stack up against them?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Put a deposit on a 2021(2) e-2008 today, after test driving one yesterday.

Will be mainly used by my wife, and 99% suburban driving (I've my own ICE car so not concerned about longer trips).

Getting into EV driving is expensive, but for some reason there appears to be real value in the 2008. Been following the market for a while and according to the dealers they're to be getting snapped up before they arrive in the showrooms. Good to see finally some options in the 2nd hand market.

Time will tell if the choice is right, but looking forward to ditching the diesel and all that goes with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭sh81722

I have always liked these since the model was introduced. I was really considering hard to buy one back in 2020 so I don't blame you and other choosing it. And once you have gotten used to driving an EV you don't want to drive anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CurranBun

Hey there,

We have a 2021 Peugeot E2008 - Full EV.

We put it in for Service last year with Peugeot and it was €120 - not too bad.

Have just called to put it in agian for this year and it is now due its "big service" and advised this includes Pollen Filter, & Brake fluid (or something) and will be €380!

Was quite shocked at the jump, when I cant really see what else they do apart from the other usual checks.

Is this extreme?

I did see a Serviceing company , who would charge €200 for full service - but wary going anywhere else apart from the manufactorer! the joys of EV's!!

Any insight be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Here is the serving schedule:

None of it is particle physics. I'd be more than happy to have that trivial stuff done by a non-dealer, except I'd do it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CurranBun

Thanks for that, the non dealer I found states "they will ensure that the services required are carried out according to each vehicle’s individual manufacturers schedule and specification. This way, your EV will maintain its warranty and will continue to perform in the safest and most efficient manner" - kinda sells itself and saves me money!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭kirving

Shop around dealers but don't go outside the Peugeot dealer network while your battery is under warranty.

There will be people who quote an EU law that states that you're allowed to have a car serviced anywhere - which is true, but they won't necessarily have access to the Peugeot service bulletins. You don't want to be arguing with them when a battery needs to be replaced and Peugeot are saying you should have had the battery checked or software updated.

If you were in the market for a second hand EV, would you pay €180 more for a car with full main dealer history, and a battery certification? I wouldn't think twice tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭zg3409

Quotes may vary by dealer.

Look at paper handbook with car and see what actually needs to be done.

I changed the pollen filter in an EV myself (no tools needed) and got a discount on the service.

Sometimes on some EVs expensive non conductive coolant needs to be replaced and this can be expensive.

Once out of warranty it's easier to shop around. In theory you can shop around to non dealers but you may have a fight in event if a warranty claim. You would need proof official parts have been used etc.

Advertisement