Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot e2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

There is absolutely nothing in the service schedule related to checking the battery or updating any firmware. Alarmist nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭eagerv

I would shop around within the dealership network. I have no experience with Peugeot, but with the missus's Ioniq 5 there was a huge difference with 1st (2 Year) service at Hyundai. Ranged from about €425 to less than half that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

In exactly the same boat.

I think I'll be trying a few dealers to see what the quotes are. Am keen to keep the dealer servicing though, even though there's clearly a premium. Don't want any battery warranty wrangles down the line.

That said, I only changed the pollen filter on my Alfa recently and would happily do the same on the 2008 if it meant the dealer left that off the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭garyskeepers

So im picking a 2022 2008 GT up this weekend as my first dip into the EV market.

I test drove a Kona, an Ionic, a 208, a leaf and the 2008 and fell in love with the 2008. 47,000km on the clock, spotless inside and out. got it for €22,900.

I ended up having to split it between the credit union and finance, but either way I wont have to pay much extra when you take into account what I'll be saving my keeping my 08 Mercedes C Class on the road.

My commute to work is a round trip of 39km which I do every second day, and I have free charging in work, so happy days. I havent done much research into servicing etc, so it will be interesting to find out how much i like being an EV owner.

I've uploaded a little comparisson Spreadsheet which helped me make the decision here if anyone wants to use it. I don't want any Math's Teachers coming on telling me Im .007 of a percent out, its only a quick guide and might not be correct :)

ps. Typing in the mileage will auto adjust the KM, and typing in the remaining km on the pictures online and a rough percentage should give you the approx range left in the vehicle. I've also added a rough Credit Union loan calculator at 6.5% apr i think.

Anyway, its here if anyone needs a starter on weather or not switching cars will save you money, or will cost you X amount per month extra.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c0ol_2enynl33PV__ATmMmx-xQ6nUZjB/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=106210090893478588031&rtpof=true&sd=true

Post edited by garyskeepers on

That GT looks great.

I sat in a Kona as well and hated the interior. Maybe the new ones are different, but all that greyish surface was awful.

The 2008 just had a much cleaner cabin.

Post edited by Dades on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭flipflophead22

Did you buy private or a dealer? Much room for neg with them?

Yes the inside is absolutely fantastic on the 2008

I was just about to ask that here. I went with a dealer. It all happened so fast i didn't even negotiate. I've just mailed them asking if there are any extras they can throw in since im spending 23k.

What should I be asking for? Anyone got any stories?

Dealer I bought from were straight up - their prices are fixed to sell. Their ads say it, and I heard them repeat it to buyers of other cars. Tbh, I prefer it that way.

Someone had put a deposit on the car we wanted but we got a call to say they'd backed out, so was just happy to get it.

Dealer threw in a charging cable to go with the granny cable the PO had. They also took the car back for half a day to buff out a mark we hadn't noticed the first day.

That was decent of them.

They wouldn't budge on the low price they offered for my trade in, so probably nothing much i could do.

Anyway, picking it up on Saturday morning, so its done and dusted

Update on this.. I noticed when I went to sign the forms that they had the wrong address for me on the finance forms, so I couldn't pick it up,, had to wait unti l they amend it tomorrow then pick it up.. .Bummer.

PS, ive emailed the car company and asked them to throw in anything extra. They ignored that bit but answered othre things..

What kinda extras could a car company thrown in, apart from a discount?

I was hoping to cover the cost of a steering wheel cover, or dashcam and whatnot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭joe1303l

I’d say a dashcam might be stretching their goodwill. Try and get them to include the next service FOC. Other than that, a new set of genuine carpet mats and get them to have it fully charged for you.

I was thinking ya spend 23k on a car, a 130 euro dashcam would be a spit in the bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

I mean, you've pretty much bought the car at this stage, they won't be offering much. If you're to get anything it's when you've the opportunity to walk away.

I don't think that's the way dealers work. You've bought the car. Why would they install you a dashcam? You have no bargaining power really, they can probably find another buyer quick enough.

Unless the car has been on sale for ages, or is missing something relevant like a charging cable I doubt they're gonna entertain you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,268 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭User1998

Yep, that's correct y'all. No answer was the answer.

Sure what can ya do. Next time I know know to negotiate up front.

Anyway. Im delighted with the car. I havent had much chance to drive it yet.

Don't think the back passenger side window works, so I'll have to get them to fix that.

There was a firmware upgrade that i performed with no issues, although it wouldn't upgrade the map, just went on forever and ever.

anyone know what this is? It’s related to a silly beeping noise every time I go around a corner or sometimes not even.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Could be keyless access system. May be a low battery and every so often it loses connection to the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭idc

Thats speed camera symbol, should only appear when in a known speed camera location. Have e3008 appears regularly but no beeping noise with it. There is also a logo for average speed zone (it appears when driving in Dublin port tunnel)

• Advertisement

whatever it is it’s very annoying and I need to remove it. :)

thank you all. And thank you Prawnsambo. That worked perfectly, although they’re doesn’t seem to be a way to switch it off. I can switch off the sound but no way of switching off the poxy little paint brushy thing all together.

If you read further down that thread, it seems it's part of some sort of subscription service (not clear what you get for that), so if the subscription runs out… 😊

thank you.

I have so many questions. I haven’t had the time to read the huge book (online).

I have some questions, but for now.

My battery is at 66% after 4 days of driving, and I reckon I’ll get another 3-4 days. My question is this, should I charge it tomorrow in work ANYWAY, or wait till it’s down around 10-20% ?

thanks. So just top up whenever. Thanks.

Yeah. Just keep to the manufacturer's maximum unless you need 100% for a long trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Will you be in work when it's down to around 20%?

If so I'd wait, you don't want to get in the habit of constantly topping up. When I got my first EV I was a bit worried about dropping too low with range anxiety, but when I got used to the car I don't worry about it any more and let it run low and charge in work about once a week. We have 3 chargers now so theres always one available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CurranBun

Im Back :-)

So we have a 2021 e2008 GT - 2nd Owners on it, got it in July 2022.

Absolutly Love the car to drive - its a dream- but having constant issues with something or other every couple of months. (now this could just be my actual car specifically and not all e2008s)

This morning it just wont start (fully charged), dash is flashing really fast. Have tow coming to drop it to our peugeot garage for e200! as insurance only covers to your local garage, they joys. (3 year warranty of peugeot roadside assist has lapsed)

But this is probably the 5th time we are sending it in to be fixed, all different reasons, Battery charge / electircal fault issue has happened twice, Breaking fault, car not charging, and now this morning not starting at all.

Just tired of having issues. We are so lucky it is under 5 year warranty, but honestly I think we are going to have to take a hit on the price drop on it and get rid. As I dont want to be paying e200 each time it has to be sent to be fixed, even under warranty.

is it really just us wirth an unlucky car, or has anytone else seen problems like this?

Advertisement