Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Can someone get on the blower and give them a call, see what the craic is...
    https://www.inmarsat.com/ships-directory/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Honestly that post is a load of sensationalist nonsense, there’s very little difference between how America is run from one administration to the other. It doesn’t just transform on a dime after each election.

True but Bolton is usual American reactionary imperialism on speed. This regime is the Rolls Royce when it comes to bad American foreign policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Why did they take the Mesdar in the first place?

Iran claiming they never seized it, but in reality they detained it for hours and then allowed it to continue its journey.

Stella oil tanker is still seized and held by Iran.

There reports Iran stopped the LR2 Poseidon also in the gulf of Oman, there no evidence it was taken though.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

1-1 all so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Gatling wrote: »
    They were offered it back days ago

Publicly offered it back so now we're into piracy or terrorism .

The British should now drain the Iranian oil and sell it off

Like you said earlier in the thread 1-1

• Advertisement
    M

The crisis will have to wait until the important matter of getting A$AP Rocky released from jail is resolved...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1152307567634391041

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

The crisis will have to wait until the important matter of getting A$AP Rocky released from jail is resolved...

Doing an Obama lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19,888 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

True but Bolton is usual American reactionary imperialism on speed. This regime is the Rolls Royce when it comes to bad American foreign policy.

Nonsense, it doesn't begin to compare with the Bush regime run by the neocon puppeteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Just shows how bat**** crazy he actually is

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

The plan for regime change of Iran was laid out in 2001 along with 6 other countries. 6 of the 7 have taken place. Some under Bush, some under Obama and now only Iran is left under Trump. Current presidents matter little when it comes to US foreign policy.

• Advertisement

cnocbui wrote: »
    Nonsense, it doesn't begin to compare with the Bush regime run by the neocon puppeteers.

Same crowd (John Bolton once again) plus more: Rumsfeld, Cheney, etc. This sequel to that crowd will not 'disappoint' I am sure. Mad for unneeded war is the only thing they are good at.

UK government official response.

"We remain deeply concerned about Iran's unacceptable actions which represent a clear challenge to international freedom of navigation. We have advised UK shipping to stay out of the area for an interim period.As the Foreign Secretary has said, our response will be considered and robust and there will be serious consequences if the situation is not resolved.We remain in close contact with our international partners and there will be further meetings over the weekend"

UK shipping should stay clear of the area, is new, and i would think a costly move for many crude oil shipping companies?

US deploying troops ,air defences and fighter aircraft to Saudi Arabia to act as a deterent due to credible threat's

The United States is sending forces including fighter aircraft, air defence missiles and likely more than 500 troops to a Saudi Arabia airbase.

Following heightened tensions in Iran, the acting US defence secretary authorised the deployment of additional resources, the Pentagon said.

It said the move would provide an "additional deterrent" in the face of "emergent, credible threats".

Saudi's King Salman approved hosting the US forces to boost regional stability, according to the state news agency.

Sky News: https://news.sky.com/story/iran-seizes-british-flagged-oil-tanker-in-strait-of-hormuz-11766745?inApp=true

I wonder if the Iranians changed their minds about holding the crew hostage for political leverage and stirring, when they found out there were no British crew, but plenty of Russians?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

Tension Soars after the permission of King Suleman to the USA regarding deploying forces. Iran should also release the UK tanker.

I wonder if the Iranians changed their minds about holding the crew hostage for political leverage and stirring, when they found out there were no British crew, but plenty of Russians?

Even worse the ship is empty as in its carrying no cargo or oil according to reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Same crowd (John Bolton once again) plus more: Rumsfeld, Cheney, etc. This sequel to that crowd will not 'disappoint' I am sure. Mad for unneeded war is the only thing they are good at.

You'd swear ne'er a bomb was dropped from 2008 to 2016 the way you go on, if only that were true.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

No brits no leverage.

You'd swear ne'er a bomb was dropped from 2008 to 2016 the way you go on, if only that were true.

Well aware of that. There has been only 2 relatively peaceful years between 1999 and now. But rather than learning lessons, the current cr@p regime only gets worse and worse. Not one thing positive from this regime yet. Sure, Bush 2, Obama, Clinton, etc. were far from perfect but at least they did some positives as well. Reagan, etc. the same. Bolton regime has YET to give us anything positive. As said, the Bolton regime is the undiluted version of everything bad about America.

Trump hasn't let Bolton off the leash yet. Unless he does, what you are bemoaning is entirely theoretical. I hope it stays that way.

• Advertisement

Trump hasn't let Bolton off the leash yet. Unless he does, what you are bemoaning is entirely theoretical. I hope it stays that way.

It funny it's Trump who stopping a hot war. Of Course i blame him for getting us to this point with tensions. Still before the presidental election it was thought Trump would love war, yet so far he not pessimistic and not willing to go this far and use the military to solve problems.

It was revealed by multiple sources when Iran shot down the drone, trump cabinet supported a strike. Pompeo, Haspel ( head of CIA) Bolton, Vice President Pence said yes to a strike, it was only Trump who changed his mind.

A war will only happen when Trump feels like it, because he willing to ignore his chief advisors and he will make the final decision.

Limpy wrote: »
    No brits no leverage.

They have a British linked tanker, that enough for now. The ship is worth something it not a toy. For the British they still seized a tanker, even there no British crew.

We forgetting here also they supposedly captured an UAE tanker also and that not released yet.

US and Iran are having a limited drone war in the strait.

There no casualties yet, to report, so there no reason to go to war yet. This can change at any time. Tensions are very high, so the risk is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Odhinn

It funny it's Trump who stopping a hot war. Of Course i blame him for getting us to this point with tensions. Still before the presidental election it was thought Trump would love war, yet so far he not pessimistic and not willing to go this far and use the military to solve problems.

It was revealed by multiple sources when Iran shot down the drone, trump cabinet supported a strike. Pompeo, Haspel ( head of CIA) Bolton, Vice President Pence said yes to a strike, it was only Trump who changed his mind.

A war will only happen when Trump feels like it, because he willing to ignore his chief advisors and he will make the final decision.

He doesn't think a war is in his best interests at the moment, but that doesn't mean he won't blunder into one.

M

Next task on his inbox should be the tanker I would think...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1152577020594917376

Appointing Bolton was a massive mistake. Bolton always is a regime within a regime. Trump so far has reigned him in and let's hope things stay that way and improve. This is also why I do not support any of this impeachment desires: get rid of Trump, you make the likes of Bolton stronger. I do not trust a Pence presidency at all. Warmongering Gilead would replace showman Trump very rapidly I'd stay if Pence and the April 2018 Bolton regime were 100% in control.

Next task on his inbox should be the tanker I would think...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1152577020594917376

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1152577020594917376?s=20

Maybe he doesn't realise he forgot he wanted a war with Iran .

So far Iran carried out an act of privacy and siezed an empty ship with no British crew to try blackmail the Uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Gatling wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1152577020594917376?s=20

Maybe he doesn't realise he forgot he wanted a war with Iran .

So far Iran carried out an act of privacy and siezed an empty ship with no British crew to try blackmail the Uk

Where did he say he wanted a war with Iran?

Iran released footage of them taking the British Stella oil tanker.

The reports from yesterday are correct a helicopter and boats were involved. There was armed men on the helicoper and they slid down a rope to board the vessel.

https://twitter.com/PressTV/status/1152597789362262016

Yes. This is precisely why I do not support impeachment. Pence is a silent but very dangerous man. He and Pompeo are obsessed with religion. Tie that in with Bolton who is to all intents and purposes a member of the MeK, you have a very dangerous regime. All the dystopian Handmaid's Tale/1984/Mad Max warnings people talking about America descending into could come at least partially true with a Pence lead regime that includes Bolton and Pompeo as well as Tom Cotton, Stephen Miller and Ted Cruz too. Trump is the only thing stopping a warmongering Christist regime of hypocritical religious nutters forming.

• Advertisement

What some posters are convenient forgetting iran called for calm and saught to de-escalate the current situation including reaching out to us of all places ,

Then suddenly decided to carry two acts of privacy .

Advertisement