Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,909 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It’d be Pulisic to bench for me. He ended up being one of those strong cases of people chasing lost points and at a guess Lampard might stick with the team that beat Chelsea even if it was a makeshift system.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Church last night DID NOT provide me with any captaincy hints. A reading from John's gospel was just a little too tenuous to put it on Lundstram, as were a few references to "Lord." I'll just have to figure it out myself I suppose

Any talk of Abraham ?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Any talk of Abraham ?

Or Pope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

Have yis no faith in Jesus to deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Moses has been making waves in the news recently about a January transfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

Did they say if Kane is able?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

They were still advising that we put faith in Son which is obvious nonsense.

Time to forget the spiritual stuff and celebrate the power and glory of Man(e).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Start Abraham (ars) or Cantwell (TOT)? Kinda leaning towards Cantwell ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Start Abraham (ars) or Cantwell (TOT)? Kinda leaning towards Cantwell ...

Cantwell has to be at high risk of rotation. Abraham lower risk. Also, Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

This is going to be controversial but it’s time to get off Vardy.
    I predict a mini collapse from Leicester and they’ll join spurs and arsenal in the slow race for 4th

As soon as Aguero is back I’ll be switching

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Green&Red wrote: »
    This is going to be controversial but it’s time to get off Vardy.
    I predict a mini collapse from Leicester and they’ll join spurs and arsenal in the slow race for 4th

As soon as Aguero is back I’ll be switching

I won’t be selling him yet but I agree and it’s why I sold Madison
    They looked very leggy against city
    And then again yday
    Small enough squad which is catching up with them I think

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Have to say if Lundstram was just some defender I had at his current price, or even my resell price on him, I'd be looking to swap him. Tough upcoming games also his attacking stats have dipped of late.

But the difference in price I feel tied to him....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Start 3 from 5, currently have the first 3 starting: TAA, Kabesele, Montoya, Lundstram, Soyuncu

DgW 24 confirmed
    Liverpool have wolves and west ham both away
    There is a week between the games as FA cup the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

TCTrent

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

dsmythy wrote: »
    Have to say if Lundstram was just some defender I had at his current price, or even my resell price on him, I'd be looking to swap him. Tough upcoming games also his attacking stats have dipped of late.

But the difference in price I feel tied to him....

Watched their last couple of games, he is very central to a lot of the good things they do, wouldn’t be getting rid at this stage

I hope lundstram finally gets benched v city. He will be on my bench this is why I’m hoping

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I hope lundstram finally gets benched v city. He will be on my bench this is why I’m hoping

Sitting beside Jiminez on mine too and I’m petrified

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Can some one explain to me this logic

Had james in midfield and Simpson(2) greenwood(8)and baldock (5) on the bench

Just checked and they used Simpson as my sub and not either of the other 2 I played 3-5-2
    It’s after costing me my h2h

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

skinny90 wrote: »

Just checked and they used Simpson as my sub and not either of the other 2 I played 3-5-2

You had Simpson first on your bench so he was first on. As long as it gives you a legit formation then your subs come in the order you set them in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭howareyakid

What do people think about the prospect of Vardy getting a rest today? Rodgers hinted strongly at it a few days ago. I’m deliberating starting him on the bench for this GW in case he doesn’t start and comes on for a one pointer. Might be overthinking things. Thoughts?

What do people think about the prospect of Vardy getting a rest today? Rodgers hinted strongly at it a few days ago. I’m deliberating starting him on the bench for this GW in case he doesn’t start and comes on for a one pointer. Might be overthinking things. Thoughts?

I’m hoping vardy gets rested in the cup game next week. After 2 defeats in a row I’d be surprised if vardy rested against West Ham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I think trying to anticipate rotation at this of year is as much if a gamble as leaving players in the team. Maybe even more so.

I can see a situation where I have 8/9 starters but most of them are the same throughout my league so not a lot I can do.

For eg, do you drop Salah or Mane in anticipation of a potential switch? Salah went off early the other night and Mane doesn't tend to miss games but he was rotated a few weeks ago... But Wolves is a very tough game so surely Klopp wants them out there?

I reckon Rodgers starts Vardy and whips him after 65/70 if the game is won. He won't want to follow two defeats with a third defeat or a draw. If he is rotating anything, it'll be the midfield and the defence - Tielemans, Barnes, Madison, Pereira or Chilwell could all be swapped out for a game without totally undermining the team (but, obviously, not all of them!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭elefant

Your first sub comes on first, unless it would create an unusable formation.

Imagine how broken it would be if it just threw in your highest scorer from the bench.

You got your sub order all wrong. Basically back to front! That is what cost you your H2H

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Too late in to start to consider a free hit? Lots of tempting punts out there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Sterling only in as one penalty miss last night. I counted two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭patmac

madalig12 wrote: »
    Sterling only in as one penalty miss last night. I counted two.

The first one didn’t count, only the retaken one does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Is that the last chance for the first wildcard gone now? Want to taunt someone who's forgotten but equally don't want to remind them to do it if they've one more week

• Advertisement

Is that the last chance for the first wildcard gone now? Want to taunt someone who's forgotten but equally don't want to remind them to do it if they've one more week

:D yes

Advertisement