Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

skinny90 wrote: »
    I could also look at cheaper striker with kane for <5m

Any thoughts on a good value <5m striker?

Nobody that cheap looks to be starting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Still haven’t decided on a formation.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Is it though
    When he has good home fixture will we play him ? Or will he be rooted to our bench?
    It's annoying having a player like that
    I'm still considering downgrading vvd to another 4.5 and bringing in jota

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ace2007 wrote: »
    naughtb4 wrote: »
    If it's short term only Rico looks a better pick, as a nice home game to start.

Sterling really is a horrible amount of money in this, for a player (or manager) I am never sure I can trust

Whose is Rico? Sorry haven't been on here lately

Bournemouth Defender

Looking at Planet FPL predicted line ups they have Smith, Stacey at full back.

Bit of a spanner in my plan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Going with KDB instead of Sterling really allows you to improve that 3rd/4th defender and midfielder or the 3rd striker if you want to dip into the 6 million bracket.
    Not sure what to do!!

FFS have Smith and Rico starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Would be great if he was like Kane a few years ago - dirt cheap, breaks into team and score goals and more goals.

Otherwise its just a trap - do you start him every game and watch him come in for a point in here and there - or start him on your bench and curse him when he stays there with a double digit score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

now that Zaha is staying put, he's still FPL gold as a midfielder, surely? All forgiven until January? Doesn't look like the type of player to throw the head, always given Palace so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Kane Fraser KDB Loris

Or

Wilson Sterling Moura Ederson

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Is it though
    When he has good home fixture will we play him ? Or will he be rooted to our bench?
    It's annoying having a player like that
    I'm still considering downgrading vvd to another 4.5 and bringing in jota
    Would be great if he was like Kane a few years ago - dirt cheap, breaks into team and score goals and more goals.

Otherwise its just a trap - do you start him every game and watch him come in for a point in here and there - or start him on your bench and curse him when he stays there with a double digit score.

I certainly wouldn't start him. I think he'll be a bench warmer at United who will get minutes. I'll put him in my team and hope he gets minutes. Grand enabler and if he starts to play more, I might start him.

**** the websites.
    **** the podcasts.
    **** the experts.
    **** Twitter.

I’m starting Lundstram and Dendoncker.

Not much balance to my team but got to do my own thing for the first 3-4 weeks at least.

Can’t enjoy it otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Are people taking much consideration into penalty takers? There should be a huge increase in penalties this season and I'm wondering if it's worth the extra 1.5 to have Wilson instead of King as I assume he'll be on penalties. Same with having Salah over Mane

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

**** the websites.
    **** the podcasts.
    **** the experts.
    **** Twitter.

I’m starting Lundstram and Dendoncker.

Not much balance to my team but got to do my own thing for the first 3-4 weeks at least.

Can’t enjoy it otherwise.

Starting them?? What sort of filth have you on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Luckily if he actually turns out good the vast majority will simply have to drop their worst performing striker and have nice money to spend somewhere else as a result. Watch and wait for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭supasoumi99

I think Wilson is worth the extra

Yeah I really want to keep him but cant help thinking it would seriously help me elsewhere - currently have Diop and Lanzini which I am thinking may be a bit too much WH coverage. Going King for Wilson would let me upgrade one of them to Digne/Vertonghen/Lucas Moura etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Howe has gone through extraordinary lengths in the past to not play Rico. But I'd actually cry if I was him and still didn't get to play on this occasion

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Seaba wrote: »
    Going with KDB instead of Sterling really allows you to improve that 3rd/4th defender and midfielder or the 3rd striker if you want to dip into the 6 million bracket.
    Not sure what to do!!

I'm thinking the same as a differential

De Bruyne for Sterling and Greenwood for Kean

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Eagerly awaiting the first match day thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    now that Zaha is staying put, he's still FPL gold as a midfielder, surely? All forgiven until January? Doesn't look like the type of player to throw the head, always given Palace so much.

I don't think he played any preseason (could be wrong though), he was also doing light training sessions on his own this week rather than training with the team so he might have reduced minutes.

I'd imagine he starts though as long as he's fit given how important he is to the team.

• Advertisement

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Eagerly awaiting the first match day thread..

Tomorrow morning right..........?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

May be worth noting for anyone going for a super lean bench that Nketiah has gone on loan from Arsenal to Leeds. 2.7% ownership.

Green&Red wrote: »
    Starting them?? What sort of filth have you on the bench?

Greenwood, Rico and Gibson.

I think they are the ones with the best chance of minutes - if a team mate gets injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

I'm thinking the same as a differential

De Bruyne for Sterling and Greenwood for Kean

Yes for a good while I was trying to fit Raz and KDB in. I had Laporte in most drafts. From there I went Raz to Moura and Laporte to Stones (bit risky I know) which let me get Auba instead of King as my second striker. I've ended up with:

Heaton
    VVD Stones Zouma (Cathcart, Rico)
    KDB Mo Moura Perez Lanzini
    Auba Wilson (Wickham)

Feels better balanced to me. And if one of the 6.5 strikers starts well I can ditch Auba for them and go Moura -> Raz.

FFS have Smith and Rico starting.

They also have Luiz starting

For Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Is mane likely to play GW1? Half thinking of making a change or two to get him in, more long term pick than necessary for tomorrow's game. Haven't been following Liverpool's preseason enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

VW 1 wrote: »
    Is mane likely to play GW1? Half thinking of making a change or two to get him in, more long term pick than necessary for tomorrow's game. Haven't been following Liverpool's preseason enough.

He hasn't had a preseason. All the same, i think he'll come on from the bench tomorrow

Greenwood, Rico and Gibson.

I think they are the ones with the best chance of minutes - if a team mate gets injured.

That’s an awful lot of 2 point Toms in one team

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Could rename it Two Point Team

• Advertisement

Don’t really expect any of those guys to get minutes.

Advertisement