Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

spindex wrote: »
    I need help,
    I'm looking for a defender for 4 mil, a 4.5 mid and a 4.5 forward who have a chance of starting or at least coming on.
    Thanks,
    (I wasnt planning on doing a team this year until a friend challenged me this evening)

Lundstrum, Dendonker, Brewster/Greenwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Only really properly looking at this for the first time.. Has the Free Hit and VC been removed?

Any other changes?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

carnie wrote: »
    Only really properly looking at this for the first time.. Has the Free Hit and VC been removed?

Any other changes?

No changes from last season. VC is still there (it's probably on your keeper).

Free Hit is there, but shows as unavailable as, due to it's nature, it's impossible to use for gameweek one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

bantee wrote: »
    Johnson (4.0) for West Ham, any chance of starting? Would prefer a WH def to Lundstram
    rekluse wrote: »
    I was looking at Reid also for 4.0. I would have thought he would be pushing to start for WH?
    I had hoped Johnson would play but I think rotation with Fredricks is best we can get.

No chance for Reid, Diop/Balbuena are first choice, Ogbonna steps in when needed, big things expected from the new young lad Cordoso also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

CSF wrote: »
    My Callum Robinson and Ayoze Perez issues are purely in whether they'll be starters. Both are in the potential OOP midfielder categories but both also play in positions that their teams have signed a few players in.

Would signing mcburnie not have brought an end to the Robinson oop? I had assumed it would

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

CSF wrote: »
    My Callum Robinson and Ayoze Perez issues are purely in whether they'll be starters. Both are in the potential OOP midfielder categories but both also play in positions that their teams have signed a few players in.

Tielemans on the other hand, I feel is too good not to be an every week starter unless he really performs below himself.
    Proper toss up alright between the two of them. I'm going Perez, he was on my watchlist at the end of last season, finished the season on fire (9 goals in last 12), hopefully he settles quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Wilberto wrote: »
    No changes from last season. VC is still there (it's probably on your keeper).

Free Hit is there, but shows as unavailable as, due to it's nature, it's impossible to use for gameweek one.

Spot on lad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Sterling , King, Taylor (Burnley)

Or

Vardy, Fraser, Tielemans

I already own Kane, Salah & Aubameyang. Trying find the courage to plough ahead with 4 premiums

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

F1ngers wrote: »
    Surely Klopp will start Mane.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1301240

I'd be aghast if that was a factor. It will be based purely on fitness. I'd bring Mane off the bench during the game but I'm not a Champions Legaue winning manager.

Even coming off the bench he could cause havoc if he's able.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Sterling , King, Taylor (Burnley)

Or

Vardy, Fraser, Tielemans

I already own Kane, Salah & Aubameyang. Trying find the courage to plough ahead with 4 premiums

I'd go the Sterling route for City premium coverage. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dsmythy wrote: »
    Danny Drinkwater surely one of the better 4.5s now? Presuming he's jumping straight into a starting role of course?

I cant see him starting initially. He will have to earn his place under dyche.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭supasoumi99

What are people thinking in regards to Wilson / King? Is Wilson worth the extra cash?

Pretty much decided I want one of them with their fixtures and have had Wilson in all along but starting to think King would give me much needed funds to upgrade elsewhere especially being on penalties etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

dsmythy wrote: »
    Danny Drinkwater surely one of the better 4.5s now? Presuming he's jumping straight into a starting role of course?

Dyche seemed to say that he would have to prove his worth first to force his way into the starting eleven. Hayden or Dendoncker better options for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Anyone looking seriously at 3-5-2?

Feel like ask the value is in midfield but struggling to ignore the value of a "free" playing sub in Dendoncker

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

What are people thinking in regards to Wilson / King? Is Wilson worth the extra cash?

Pretty much decided I want one of them with their fixtures and have had Wilson in all along but starting to think King would give me much needed funds to upgrade elsewhere especially being on penalties etc...

I think Wilson is worth the extra

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Any thoughts on Robertson and KDB versus zinchenko and mane?

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Anyone looking seriously at 3-5-2?

Feel like ask the value is in midfield but struggling to ignore the value of a "free" playing sub in Dendoncker

Playing 352 but lundstrum increasing likelihood of not being a starter is a balls

Any thoughts on Robertson and KDB versus zinchenko and mane?

I would say the first, as a better spread Zinchenko could be dropped within a month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Any thoughts on Sigurdsson and Vardy or Perez and Aubamayeng?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Any thoughts on Sigurdsson and Vardy or Perez and Aubamayeng?

I’ve gone for 2nd one. Auba is a great captain option next week and Everton haven’t been scoring in pre season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Benimar wrote: »
    I’ve gone for 2nd one. Auba is a great captain option next week and Everton haven’t been scoring in pre season

Thanks, have been leaning towards that option this morning but know I'll change it again by 7🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Playing 352 but lundstrum increasing likelihood of not being a starter is a balls
    The signing of Besic won't affect Lundstram's game time for a few weeks at least. Besic didn't play any pre season games for Everton so no match fitness and will take time to be integrated into the SU systems. Lundstram may not start but he is no less likely to do so now than he was last week.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    The signing of Besic won't affect Lundstram's game time for a few weeks at least. Besic didn't play any pre season games for Everton so no match fitness and will take time to be integrated into the SU systems. Lundstram may not start but he is no less likely to do so now than he was last week.

If it's short term only Rico looks a better pick, as a nice home game to start.

Sterling really is a horrible amount of money in this, for a player (or manager) I am never sure I can trust

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Only 1 more day to kick off lads!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

opinions on Schneiderlin @4.5m?

If I need kane in my team without any other radical changes I need to spend 4.5-5 m on a midfielder.

Any opinions or any other recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

I could also look at cheaper striker with kane for <5m

Any thoughts on a good value <5m striker?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

skinny90 wrote: »
    opinions on Schneiderlin @4.5m?

If I need kane in my team without any other radical changes I need to spend 4.5-5 m on a midfielder.

Any opinions or any other recommendations

He’ll be a 2 pointer at best. Dendoncker is prob the best 4.5 mid going. Seemed to be playing high up in Europa League, attacking role, not sure how that’ll translate to points. Guaranteed of the 2, anything after is a bonus.

Jorginho at 5 might be worth a punt if you have to play him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Does anyone know of any links that show the likely starting XI's of all 20 teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Sterling really is a horrible amount of money in this, for a player (or manager) I am never sure I can trust

Whose is Rico? Sorry haven't been on here lately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ace2007 wrote: »

Whose is Rico? Sorry haven't been on here lately

Bournemouth Defender

Advertisement