Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

BloodyBill wrote: »
    I am a Sixmilebridge supporter. Always was. Been at every Munster final theyve ever won. I'm not writing off Ballygunnar at all. Theyve a fair chance of winning. They play a fantastic brand of hurling but I think Sixmilebridge will be favourites at home. I dont think one club in the whole of the Munster championship playing away has it easy....

I could have sworn you were from limerick....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Road-Hog wrote: »

To be fair about it the road from the olde house pub to cratloe is technically part of cratloe itself which is Limerick diocese 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Can open, worms everywhere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,725 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Came on as a sub for the last few minutes.

More like a few seconds, about 5 seconds actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Clare Gaa TV is showing the intermediate, Senior B and Senior football finals this weekend

I may be extremely critical of the appalling quality of the production, terrible camerawork, lack of attention to details, like a clock etc.. but it's nice to see them using common sense in showing all the games and not just the Senior Final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Figerty

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Clare Gaa TV is showing the intermediate, Senior B and Senior football finals this weekend

I may be extremely critical of the appalling quality of the production, terrible camerawork, lack of attention to details, like a clock etc.. but it's nice to see them using common sense in showing all the games and not just the Senior Final

Very hard to complain about something that is free. Give credit where it's due. It's a great service to have.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think it's a great service, especially with the YouTube app in the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Figerty wrote: »
    Very hard to complain about something that is free. Give credit where it's due. It's a great service to have.

They dont deserve credit. The idea is good and it would be an addition to Clare GAA. Unfortunately the standard is too poor to row in behind. It's a terrible effort.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Ah here that's a bit harsh, we have local club matches available to be watched live all over the world for free, the amount of effort that's involved in recording a live match is huge, no it's not as good as a SKY/RTE/TG4 production but I think it's brilliant and all involved should be commended on producing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Figerty

Clareman wrote: »
    Ah here that's a bit harsh, we have local club matches available to be watched live all over the world for free, the amount of effort that's involved in recording a live match is huge, no it's not as good as a SKY/RTE/TG4 production but I think it's brilliant and all involved should be commended on producing it.

We have people in London, Saudi, US, Canada, nordic etc. logging into connect back with their clubs. They are delighted with it. It's a good start, it may not be perfect but it's a big stem forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Figerty wrote: »
    We have people in London, Saudi, US, Canada, nordic etc. logging into connect back with their clubs. They are delighted with it. It's a good start, it may not be perfect but it's a big stem forward.

Its another 'Kilinascully' effort from the Clare county board. All it's missing is a goat with a set of headphones interviewing the Captains.

Its another 'Kilinascully' effort from the Clare county board. All it's missing is a goat with a set of headphones interviewing the Captains.

So now having multiple cameras with commentators offer a free service is a Kilinascully effort????

Compare the 2 mediums where the match was available TG4 and Clare GAA TV and remember that 1 is being done as a mechanism for promoting local GAA and the other is a state broadcaster who receives over €30 million a year in state funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Offaly Gaa are looking for a tenner to stream the hurling finals on Sunday. It seems a bit harsh to complain about a County Board offering a free service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

So I'm not giving out about the service, it is constructive criticism.. I personally have been trying to get Clare Gaa to live stream for 2 years, it's fantastic that our games are out there and people all over the world get to see them, however, what I do have a problem with is the low effort behind it, what they are doing is not overly difficult to do, it's just poor execution, I will never give out about the quality of the stream as there's too many factors there.. however it's simple things they have consistently screwed up they bring down the whole production value, like the scoreboard, and the camerawork...

I'm thrilled all out football finals are available this weekend, but it's so frustrating to see the constant messing about, I could go down a rabbit hole here so..

Long may this service continue but perhaps they need to consider other companies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Shane_ef wrote: »
    So I'm not giving out about the service, it is constructive criticism.. I personally have been trying to get Clare Gaa to live stream for 2 years, it's fantastic that our games are out there and people all over the world get to see them, however, what I do have a problem with is the low effort behind it, what they are doing is not overly difficult to do, it's just poor execution, I will never give out about the quality of the stream as there's too many factors there.. however it's simple things they have consistently screwed up they bring down the whole production value, like the scoreboard, and the camerawork...

I'm thrilled all out football finals are available this weekend, but it's so frustrating to see the constant messing about, I could go down a rabbit hole here so..

Long may this service continue but perhaps they need to consider other companies

Genuine query.....is ‘gilly’ Still on the ‘bridge panel or is he now fully retired...?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Genuine query.....is ‘gilly’ Still on the ‘bridge panel or is he now fully retired...?

Still on the panel made 2 or 3 cameos through out the championship,

The chorus multi channel gaa coverage back in the day was the same, it did pave the way for gaa beo nowadays

I won't knock it just yet, once you see the game that's all that counts, they could have an interview at half time with Danny Healy-Rae on his views of quantum physics for all I care

The binoculars say it all :D

For the weekend that's in it miltown v KIB from 1997 , from the chorus ntl chanel , while the match itself looked terrible :pac: , and coverage not much better it lead to the tg4/rte /eir sports coverage of club games today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭BnB

That chorus coverage was just brilliant back in the day. Way ahead of it's time for regional sports coverage. Was what you could see based on where you were watching in any way ? I remember I was living and working in Cork at the time and it was almost always Cork games that were on. It was still brilliant though. You'd turn on the telly some evening and there would be some random senior quarter final or something on. I mightn't have a clue of the teams, but t'was a hell of a lot better than most of the rest of the scutter on the box.

Blast from the past that, Chorus on channel 10, it was brilliant service

• Advertisement

BnB wrote: »
    That chorus coverage was just brilliant back in the day. Way ahead of it's time for regional sports coverage. Was what you could see based on where you were watching in any way ? I remember I was living and working in Cork at the time and it was almost always Cork games that were on. It was still brilliant though. You'd turn on the telly some evening and there would be some random senior quarter final or something on. I mightn't have a clue of the teams, but t'was a hell of a lot better than most of the rest of the scutter on the box.

i think it was regionally based , most of what we saw up here were from say clare tipperary and limerick , it would show club games from cork or kerry if there were no games in the other 3 counties

trevor welsh from tv3 started his career with them , mainly on the cork station , but yeah there was no structure to it really , you had no idea what games they were going to cover until you watched it there was no advertising on it

Clareman wrote: »
    Blast from the past that, Chorus on channel 10, it was brilliant service

brilliant , but a bit amateurish like people were saying about the clare youtube channel

i would happily take an amateurish video recording or online service then nothing at all also people have a chance to look back in years to come on how the championship unfolded this year

in the last couple of years SMB and cratloe played out 2 or 3 excellent games in the championship and you cant even find highlights for them , as you said the other day casting on to your tv or watching on a smart tv makes it an excellent service

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Gael85

Naomh Eoin beat Kilkee 0-10 to 1-6. Kilkee relegated down to junior

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭roashter

Gael85 wrote: »
    Naomh Eoin beat Kilkee 0-10 to 1-6. Kilkee relegated down to intermediate.

Kilkee are relegated to Junior A

roashter wrote: »
    Kilkee are relegated to Junior A

My bad

St Breckans win by a point. Clare TV had the incorrect score for second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 AnClar14959713

Just back from an entertaining Clare football Intermediate Final in Cusack Park.

My first thoughts is that the better team lost. Kildysart owned and bossed possession and made St Breckans look pretty poor at times. The old saying that goals win matches and the two first half goals by the Lisdoonvarna men proved key. Colm O'Brien and recent Clare minor Padraig Kelly with the two majors.

For the winners I felt that Clare senior panelist Dale Masterson was most impressive with his impressive fielding in the middle of the field. But other than that, St Breckans flattered to deceive and despite holding a 4 point lead at H-T and with the aid of the elements for the 2nd 35 minutes, it took a late Joe McGann point (their only score in the entire 2nd half) to give the North Clare men the victory.

However a lot of huge credit must go Kildysart. In midfield the outstanding duo of Kieran O'Brien and Emmet McMahon, who stood above head and shoulders, with an fantastic display chipping in with an outstanding 4 points from play. McMahon who will surely be part of Colm Collins and new Clare U-20 football manager Michael Neylon's plans for 2020, is a future Clare senior football captain in the making, belied his youthful years with a most mature and composed display.

In defense for the West Clare men, I felt that Brian Eyres and Shane McNeilis were most impressive with their ability to win turnovers and frustrated what many felt was a very potent St Breckans forward line. In general Kildysart outfought and outworked their opponents, but their poor shooting costed them what would have been a huge momentous piece of silverware, that club deserves for years of hard work being done underage there. Their time will come and I certainly would put them as strong favorites to win the 2020 Clare Intermediate title. They have Division 1 Cusack Cup football to look forward to next year after their Garry Cup success early in the year, so as the old saying goes, the future is bright.

So St Breckans are the county intermediate champions in football for 2019. However I doubt that the Donie Garrihy managed side will do much damage in the Munster campaign on the basis of what I saw today. Meanwhile St Senans Kilkee's decline shows no sign of ending after their relegation to Junior A football was confirmed, after a 1 point defeat to Naomh Eoin in the Intermediate relegation play-off today. To me an amalgamation for Kilkee in adult level, is the only solution if they are to have a meaningful future. Personally they need to gather all relevant stakeholders in the club and make some very tough decisions, that will ensure that football in this proud part of West Clare remains viable.

Obviously the spike in emigration in recent years has affected the area very hard and as a tight knit community, they have suffered a lot of personal tragedy in recent times, which has meant for obvious reasons that football was not their number one priority. Fingers crossed that whatever decision that the club stakeholders make, that there will be a brighter future for Kilkee football as we simply cannot allow football to die completely there, for a club that has produced so many fine footballers in the past, including Ger Keane and the late Michael O'Shea, to name but a few.

Tomorrow St Joseph's Miltown and Kilmurry Ibrickane collide in Ennis to see who will be lift Jack Daly in 2019. A match that is way too close to call, I think that the men from Quilty might just have the last laugh on the basis that they have shown the slightly more consistent form throughout the championship campaign. Roll on 3 o'clock is all I'll say!!!!!!

little sympthy for kilkee on one hand ,some of there club delegates should be ashamed of themselves tonight , this time 10 years ago they were in a county final now they are in junior A ,

why ? they were first of all in there own heads too good to stay amalgamated with doonbeg
    they were then too good to join up with the peninsula clubs in underage until it was far far too late
    this year they refused to join up with the peninsula at senior as they were somehow to good for that also

i wouldnt be putting much money on them making a quick return to intermediate either ,

i d feel sorry for the likes of darren ownes and dylan russell as they are fine footballers and in another generation would have championship medals won with the club , the likes of barry harte christy kerwin michael keane all played today , most of them are well in there 40s they played in munster club finals against nemo rangers and the gaeltacht in the mid 2000s today must have been a hard day for them

but the older heads in the club are the ones to blame for this

Gael85 wrote: »
    St Beckans win by a point. Clare TV had the incorrect score for second half.

kildysart far the better team , breckans only managed one 2nd half score on the 30th minute they have some excellent individual players they will have to vastly improve for senior next year or they will be back down in a hurry

kildysart had all the momentum with 10 minutes to go but couldn't convert , they also lost there heads a little when it came to decision making , but definitely the best team lost here , emmett mcmahon had an excellent game for them kicking 4 great scores , i imagine he will be a feature for colm collins next year

scorers

st breckans
    rowan dannagher 1-0
    padraic kelly 1-0
    aidan davidson 0-2
    joe mcgann 0-2

kildysart
    emmett mcmahon 0-4
    diarmuid o'donnell 0-2
    keith o'connor 0-1
    luke mcgrath 0-1
    robert eyres 0-1

• Advertisement

Kildysart completely kicked that game away. Missed have missed 5/6 scoreable frees. Breckans fell apart in second half but Kildysart couldn't take advantage of. Malcom Byrne had a great first controlling the play at centre forward. McNeilus got on top of him in second half. Joe McGann was class and had a hand in both goals which was the difference. Emmet McMahon was brilliant throughout for Kildysart. Colm Collins needs to get McGann and McMahon on board next year.

Advertisement