Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

His argument with Kieran Keating a few weeks ago is a perfect example

He argued that we bring in a VAR system into the county championship, there was a controversial decision at the end of the cratloe v Eire Og game in normal time

Kieran explained it would be impossible but he kept arguing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I deleted a few comments speculating about something which is alleged to have happened involving a former intercounty hurler. No warning or anything handed out but I'd like to remind everyone that speculation about crime, or discussion of an ongoing case is not only against the rules of Boards.ie but in some cases is illegal in Ireland so please refrain for it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

In case you missed it by the way I'm back to being a mod again so the above is a mod note.

Ah lads, come on, first week back don't have me handing out bans/warnings on my "home thread". No discussion of moderation or posters or whatever should be happening on thread.

highlights of the banners win over tralee parnells today , no surprise shane meehan was the difference in the end , everybody's favorite twitter reporter derrick lynch on co comentry too .....

• Advertisement

I would rather you then me , 😏 I got striped of my title back during lockdown when I lost it with the right wingers and anti vaxers

It's a thankless job I hated handing out sanctions , but then again you are much more sensible then me 😂

great win for corofin in Nenagh today , diarmuid cahill with 3-3 , a home tie against dromin-athlacca awaits in the semi final in two weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Don't mind that stuff but he thinks he's an expert on Covid and refugees too.

i could never understand them views , for years refugees have been housed in the likes of the old central hotel in miltown , they were nothing but exemplary , yet he protested like mad anyone that carry's on like that needs to take a look at themselves

had a bad day at the office in west cork today , dano dineen gave us the runaround , cork football is much more balanced at club football then clare football is , we really need to reform the structures of our game ,

i feel sorry for cratloe tonight too great effort against a really strong castlehaven side no surprise brian hurley was the difference , favourites for munster now you would imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Treble double

Very hard for Clare clubs at intermediate and junior to compete with Cork and Kerry representatives alright, doubly hard if they have to play them in their own backyard. The experience and preparation for yesterday's game will stand to Kilmihil at Senior level next year. Cratloe are a dogged outfit with an amazing manager, they brought the Cork champs to the brink, they are probably lacking another natural forward to support Cathal McInerney. I would think Commercials would be favourites to win munster, plenty of talent and the most experienced team left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Dingle are representing Kerry isn't it. They ll win Munster and win it handy.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭dohboy

Lohan staying on for 2025, so the Clare Echo says. He might need a bitta tin next year to keep supporters onside...

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭roashter

Nice to see Conlon and O'Donnell get an all star.

I think Tony Kelly can feel a bit hard done by. But all stars are always a bit controversial I suppose

I think Cathal Malone Could be more annoyed at missing out then Kelly,

Barry Nash for Limerick missing out is crazy too but the paper had the names of the selection committee today, let's just say it's no wonder they missed out

i think he dose too , even a league at these stage might act as a stepping stone for what we are missing at the latter stages of the championship

at least no controversy in selecting the young player of the year tonight , well done mark rodgers , hard luck adam hogan it could have just as easily been him hopefully its the first of many for the two lads , great to see two lads from neighbouring parish's too in the mix for the award

Nash definately deserved one and TJ didn't. Those are the 2 certs. Conlon was lucky enough ..id agree that David McInerney deserved one over him..

As for the workaholic Cathal Malone. No sir , he's not good enough and he's in a decline. As honest as the day is long, he lacks hurling. Hard to believe that a few years ago people were comparing him to the great Geroid Hegarty..Beggers belief. We need to replace him as a starter but he is a fantastic squad player

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

mixed results for both junior representatives today , the banner came up just short in the park against Feenagh/Kilmeady from limerick , 0-20 to 0-16 it finished in an entertaining game , kilimer had too much for waterford champions cappamore/affane in quilty in wild conditions on the atlantic coast

the whole idea of the alstars it to pick the best players in the country in each position , malone had a far better campaign then will o donohue , malone and darragh o donovan were the best two midfielders in this years championship

Malone was no where near as effective as O Donoghue in midfield. WOD breaks up everything, links everything. This he did again before having to go back centre back where he again played excellently. Listen,Malone is great. A work horse but he doesn't have the power or the nous of O Donoghue. Malone is an intermediate hurler who's done awesome work to get onto that panel

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Advertisement

o donohue had a few good games in the latter part of the championship , not anywhere near his best in munster , its not about o'donohue being better overall which he is , the allstars are about the best players in each position , you cant give it to a guy that has had one or two good games over a player that was consistently better over the entire championship

they done the same with mikey butler who had one or two good games over barry nash who was the best left corner back consistently over the championship

great wins for corofin and clonlara , i dont know what donal madden was thinking leaving 7 players back with kildangan down to 13 , they had sacrificed both corner forwards and were dominating the middle 3rd paul flynn , alan flynn and billy seymore all caused huge problems in that area and and th clonlara line ignored it , it almost cost them the game

great contest none the less

Great win for Clonlara but they nearly threw it away. Ridiculously bad tactics after going a man up. That and the Clonlara number 4 is a kamikaze. Everytime he got the ball he went on a needless run or gave a hospital pass ..nearly hot his number 6 decapitated I'm that second half. Clonlara were the better team over the hour but Kiladangans discipline ultimately caught them.

The ref took way too much time when dealing with the 'donnybrook' in midfield. Ultimately he did get it right but by God it tool ages.

It would be great if Na Piarsaigh beat Ballygunner. We'd have a Derby final..only 10km between Clonlara and Na Piarsaigh and a big Ard Scoil contingent on both teams.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

yeah clancy wasnt great , tactics were a shambles though playing a short hand passing game with two extra menand not utilizing the extra players , stritch got out of jail too with the wining score , he gave away a few very stupid frees in scoring positions which kept kildangan in the game

looking forward to see how NAP do against ballyguunner , you would have to give them a huge chace given the limerick county final and how impressive they were

Ref gave a few phantom frees to Kiladangan after the sending off. One in particular was a clear dispossession by Stritch and the ref gave a free . Conlon had a great second half. The long range frees are a real issue for them and obviously the full back line is dodgy but Clonlara have very very good hurlers all over the pitch.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭Figerty

Ref did exactly the right thing when the issue arose. He took his time and he made sure he had it right. He talked to both linesmen, he got his numbers right for the players and the offenses. He also took the heat out of the situation.

There were a lot of issues in the Clonlara full-back line but they survived. The goalie is brave, but in the first half, he had to plant his feet to rise the ball and got caught. Puckouts were only middling. Clonlara will have to make sure they don't get sucked into Na Piarsighs short game that Bally gunner broked down time and time again.

Every day is different so the next match will different again with two different styles meeting.

Clonlara looked under as much pressure in the full back line when killadangan were operating with 13 men as they did when they had 15

The worry I would have for them is the amount of goal chances ballygunner created in the first half, they didn't take them of course but there is huge improvement in that ballygunner forward line, dessie Hutchinson especially

If Clonlara keep within 10 points of Ballygunner then they ll be doing well. They've done Clare proud already but they are miles of Ballygunner as are 95% of club teams.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Advertisement

A really tough day for the ferrymen in quilty today

Listowel Emmetts had 4 all Ireland minor winners a ex cork intercounty footballer and a highly rated young lad in jack mcelligott that's on jack o Connors radar

But In truth we are the country that needs to be amalgamating teams for senior, removing our second teams from the club championship and putting in place 3 divisions of 6 senior clubs 4 amalgamations

10 intermediate teams and

The Remaining playing junior A

It's only then will we be able to compete with Kerry and cork teams in Munster club football outside of senior

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1ypJdkaAqjpGW

Advertisement