Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i would fancy them maybe against the tipp champions , looks 50-50 . but the munster championship will be decided by the winners of next weeks county final in limerick and ballygunner in my opinion

yeah the game seemed to be fair wasn't bad but we have no team on the same level of class as the likes of patrickswell or ballygnner , i would be expecting to see aidan moriarty have a bigger role on the clare team come the league , as well as jaython mcmahon , oisin o'donnell had a really good game for crusheen too i taught

long over due for clonlara and probably the best team in the county this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

That centre back McMahon is very very good. There's more than him worth a look

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

I'd say Clonlara have a great chance against the Tipp champions. It's on in Tipperary which is a disadvantage. I'd still make them underdogs because of their propensity to let mediocre teams back into games. They might blossom though...and they have fantastic scoring power. Conlon is a great warrior but its obvious that centre back is his best position with Clare. His legs are as close to gone as you can get. Refs seem to let him take 6 steps every time with ball in hand and he gets away with it such is his fantastic experience

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

i often criticised them for underachieving on here over the years with the talent they had down there . but the story of last years senior b win and john conlons battle cry in the dressing room is unreal , they went back training just after the october weekend last year they bonded well which is something they struggled with , they got their discipline right too on and off the field which hampered other championships ,

as conlon said in his interview last sunday he never played with a closer group of players , its amazing what team spirit can do , the main ingredient of their success , clon are a great club and this is deserved , its a pity they didn't find that level of unity more often over the last 15 years , but the future is very bright for them

• Advertisement

good news too with john conlon and shane o'donnell cometting to another year with the seniors . could possibly be lohan's last year , hopefully its a case of "once more unto the breach " for what hopefully will be "our finest hour!! "😉

No fan of churchill but if loughnane can get a way with saying "no surrender " as his last words of motivation to his team before they left the dressing room in the 1995 all ireland final for the second half,.....😂

finally got what you wanted from clare gaa tv 😂😂 , i think the coverage is great to have , i appreciate that the likes of clubber or he cork examiner streaming are better quality , but its great to have them all the same

It's a good option.. the price of streaming club games is too much even for the top quality in Cork. I really enjoy the Cork Hurling Championship. Luckily the Patrickswell v Na Piarsaigh game is on telly this wkend

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 14,427 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

It's funny; as amateur is Nicols Rynne's presentation can be, I really enjoy his coverage on his YouTube.

The Clare Senior Camogie final in Cusack Park this weekend is not being streamed etc., which really is a poor showing for Clare Camogie. Tipperary Camogie are showing the way with their presentations of all competitions - no BS about teams getting defensive around other teams seeing them in action etc.

You can't go to the match this weekend? Enjoying Derrick Lynch is your only option.

I'd actually say the lack of coverage by Clare Camogie in general is alarming for what should be a showpiece with a team that has won 2 Munster Championships in the last 4 years and a team looking to do the Men/Women's Senior Hurling Double.

Clare Camogie have the most warped view when it comes to social media, it's bazar, even trying to find fixtures and results is a mine field, and they have a constant objection to streaming. Even Clare LGFA didn't stream the finals this year.

I will say from watching a lot of clubber games and quite a few Cork games, I know cork work with TVM so that's why the quality is so good.. Clubber can be hit or miss sometimes and I do think the passion for Clare games comes out from the Clare Gaa TV crew why else go to such lengths with the county Finals when so many places just use 1 camera, but clubber could still swoop in and use the Clare Gaa TV crew under the clubber umbrella, that's what they are doing with a lot of counties

• Advertisement

I don't like the idea of Clubber simply because it's frustrating that for all of the resources the GAA etc. have, they're letting 3rd parties make money and it's becoming a real mess now with extra points of payment (GAA Go, Clubber, StreamSport etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Derrick is nothing only a cheerleader rather than journalist and a wannabe Ewen McKenna or Colm Parkinson on Twitter.

Find Derrick abit much aswell. Too anti Limerick and biased. Knows nothing about the intricacies of hurling and he's not particularly nice on social media.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

as a commentator he's fine , dose his job well but ,on twitter he see's himself as a celebrity i think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

no i haven't the same amount of time on my hands lately .....😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

But for a father in his mid 30s to be carrying on like that is embarrassing in my opinion.

fair point but it dose seem to be a thing with some people that work in local media or whatever to take to twitter for every sort of complaint

i dont take much notice of it myself , but what did annoy me a few months ago is where he named a person from another website form screen shot the message , the user name was an anonymous name , told everyone on his twitter page who he was and what club he was from ., all because the guy in question had issues with a report he had done

all derrick had to do was engage with the person in a private message , he dose get involved in too many spats from what i have seen

all jokes aside , i do see it as a great measure of workrate in the intercounty game , because teams are so even especially in munster id see it as a great indicator into the intensity of games , the funny part is limerick increased their intensity levels in every game , their first game against waterford the ball was in play for 29 minutes or whatever , it was 33 minutes in the final , where tipp and clare played out a game at nearly 33 minutes in round one but never improved on that

i dont think you could use it in the club game as a good county player or free taker can make a huge difference , but its a good way to measure of graft and intensity in the intercounty game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 jamesconlan85

Mark Fitzgerald has kept Declan Downes from Kilmihil who was with Colm Collins in his Clare Senior Football backroom team but worringly no word of any other other Clare based selectors with a link to underage from minor to u20 in the last six years being involved with him. Colm Collins knew every upcoming young player in the county and had a direct link to minor and u20. One fears that may now be broken

to be fair all he has to do is refer to both dermot coughlin and michael neylon , both have been head of the underage setup for the last 5 years or that , i am sure they will have him well advised

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭dohboy

Had to unfollow him despite him being good for Clare sports stuff. Ranting about all manner of sh1te... it's a joke and totally unprofessional. He's embarrassingly one-eyed about Clare hurling too.

As someone once said to me... It must be awful hard on him, having to have an opinion on everything. He's a good commentator, does that role very well and will be at that for a very long time.

He'll have a mycardial infraction or something soon.. All that stress of replying to every post on X ect...That and he doesn't look well..he is hugely overweight

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭dohboy

That's it, he does his job well on the radio. Then on Twitter he's mouthing off on everything and rowing with all and sundry. It's mad carry on.

I’m actually surprised Clare FM never pulled him up on some of the Tweets really

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭fire_man

He is currently going to town on Man U on twitter!

He's entitled to in fairness it's his page not Clare FM's

But I think he was called out before for putting up Man United stuff up during Clare hurling matches that he was working on

I don't think Clare FM can really do anything, personally I enjoy reading the Manchester United rants at the moment 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭fire_man

Yes long may it continue!

Advertisement