Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deathloop

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,845 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I didnt watch it. But if it's at a gdq I'll catch it as the arkane games make great speed runs.

As for spoilers, Im not as sensitive as most people.

Also, let it go.

There was a time here when a mod would have stepped in long ago and told the pair of yee clowns to take it to PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭recyclops

Had the day off work so really got into this today and played a fair few loops before the controller battery died.

It's still good, way to much hand holding for my liking and it completely removes the discovery aspect for me, I suppose I could not follow any leads etc but I am enjoying it.

As for the AI argument I have yet to watch the video above but if it was designed to be this oblivious to what's going on far play to them as it's so bad it would have to be designed that poorly. You pretty much can run around with a knife and a hackamajig until you see a visionary.

Had the day off work so got a good bit to play not just a hour or two before bed (wife was in the office today so didn't have it turned off) , I've never said it was bad and it's still good nothing more really.

Sorry for the auto correct on colt, didn't notice.

I did enjoy the puzzle under dorsey Manor, took me a while to figure it out today, do enjoy when my hand isn't held.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Oh ffs. This thread is too painful to follow with all the weirdness (not you recyclops). I'm out.

Finished up last night and broke the loop, unsure if ending I got was good or not but seemed to wrap it all up.

Quite a good game, some of the hand holding was annoying especially after something like obra dinn but this will expand its audience.

Gonna be a massive hit on gamepass, feel now I probably should have just waited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Hodors Applecart

Santa brought this to me. Put a few hours in. Can honestly say I’ve not a clue what the hell is going on.

Not a fan of FPS generally so patience are wearing thin.

Took me a bit of time to suss it out but once it clicks, it's incredible. One of my games of the year. Hopefully a bit more time and it'll hit home with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Is this game not broken for anyone else? It was crashing nearly every time i played it last week. I changed it to single player only, and it has improved a bit, I've only had two crashes since then but It's still really frustrating to have all your progress wiped and have to start again.

Not for me anyway. I was playing it through Christmas and finished it maybe ten days ago. I don't remember it crashing at all (disc version).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

I have the disc too, a few people talking about it on reddit with the same issue. Hopefully I can get to the end, really enjoying it apart from the brokeness.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,845 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Been playing a good bit of this and while initial impressions were bad I knew it got better when you got some powers from what I played. It's got a lot better once I got Shift and some decent weapons. I like it but don't love it. I'll see it through to the end but I've gotten to a point where I'm kind of done with it.

I think my main issue is that it's just way too busy. The UI is a mess. The mission tracking is handholdy and it kind of needs to be because of how much stuff there is to do but it removes the exploration element. I kind of realised a bit into it that it's basically Majora's Mask but no where near as good and that had mission design that was much cleaner, didn't need handholding and way more satisfying.

I'm torn on the art direction as well. Absolutely love the 70's spy fiction stylings but its juxaposed to the frankly unfunny modern humour which amounts to 'the eternalists and drunk and idiots'. I kind of just don't care for the characters and story. It's not interesting. Speaking of which the AI is pretty bad as well but it's not a major issue, just fire fights could have been more interesting.

I don't hate it, I just think there's a great game in here in a follow up with a bit of polish. It pales in comparion to other timeloop games like Forgotten City and Majora's Mask.

Post edited by Retr0gamer on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,729 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

MS must have been totally restricted from talking about it until a year had passed... we're now a year and a day past original release.

Glad to see it showing up on GamePass and the PS+ tier... while the game wasn't peak Arkane for me, it is undeniably an interesting and often compelling game. Has a boatload of ideas that could be built on further in the future, and you can't go wrong with it if it's included in a subscription deal anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Started this earlier on Gamepass. It's good so far anyway. For some reason when I left my apartment I switched the nail gun for a more powerful weapon because afaik I heard he is in the apartment so I assumed there would be a bunch of people running up so I bolted out the window and left the game area and now all I have is the machete as a silent weapon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, I was prepping for a all out fight at that part. About 5 minutes later I left the apartment and everyone was back to roaming around as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭Damien360

I gave this about 3 hours. I just can’t see it’s appeal. Searching for no good apparent reason didn’t appeal. The enemies being faceless, almost bot like despite being in conversation along with other graphical quirks pushed me away. Maybe for me it’s a function of the new ps plus mid tier ? Some other stuff to try so I quit and moved on.

• Advertisement

I get where you are coming from. It looks daunting when you find out you have to kill 8 people in one day. And then if you fail you have to start from the very beginning. I survived a full day and then I was back on beach despite not dying and trying to remember where you found something. It's also annoying I honestly thought you got to keep your load out but no back to square one.

I'd say it's going to be like Hitman trying the same thing over and over until you get it right (if you are playing it that way. In Hitman you can also just kill the guy and move on) but unlike Hitman you have to do it all in one day.

I haven't looked up any guides or anything as I like to go in blind with games. But from my time I have played I'd say I will be doing the same thing over and over until I get it right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

As the game progresses you do get to keep gear and perks. I'm really enjoying it so far and it's getting better as the story progresses. I've decided to do a bit of slab/special power farming as you get upgrades every time you get the same slab. I've also found that new powers do open up new approaches to the same areas which for me has kept it from getting stale of doing the exact same thing over and over.

It does take a couple of loops before it starts being fun. Stick with it. It's an interesting game that just isn't entirely successful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You do restart when you die but it's not as annoying as other games. You get loads of skills and weapons that carry over. And you can change missions etc.

I've gotten to the point where you get to keep stuff but still some if the trinkets I found and a legendary rifle were missing come the next loop (I didn't die before exiting with the stuff)????? I'll keep an eye on it when I finish another loop.

Overall the games plot I like but something feels off to me compared to their other titles, feels a bit Dishonoured lite maybe? I do like how there are some changes based on time of day but I don't have the same drive to explore the world and am happy just to go do the thing I guess which is unusual for me.

EDIT: Think I missed a trick didn't I, you have to infuse the gear to keep it, is that it ?

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Yep that's it.

I reached where you are when playing a bit a while ago. I'm kinda stuck on what to do and lost interest so went back browsing the web.

I will go back to it as it does seem like a good game but going through the notes and stuff I have found and haven't a clue where to go. Before I gave up I decided to go to try to get a laser gun but I have no idea how to get it(anybody who knows please do not tell me as I want to figure it out myself) and just quit out.

Usually if you press the menu button it will have something for you to follow up and track in the areas if there isn't some one to kill. Or you can go into the list of stories for the visionaries and track something there.

As for the laser it's a room sweeper but you can't get additional ammo for it.

Clue

you will have to die in the attempt to get it.

I'm not even going to look at that spoiler. It's probably something simple but I will stick with it till I figure it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,557 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

typical! I only bought this during the month and now it is part of this months Humble Choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Cordell

How does that work, "Get a monthly mix of PC games - yours to own forever" - it's forever-forever or forever as long as you pay the subscription?

Forever forever. PC gaming doesn't rip you off like console subscriptions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Cordell

Well yeah, not with games anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,557 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Well I haven't been gaming for a while but I went back playing this game and I love it. Well until I caught Covid.(I'm dying, can't sleep, taste buds gone, it's terrible) but anyway before I got sick I was playing this and figured out how to get the laser gun.

I was always thinking it had something to do with the two machines outside the small room that the laser gun is in. Turns out they had nothing to do with it at all. I was walking around searching and walked into the small room and looked at the drawing on the whiteboard and it just hit me about what I had to do to get it.

I also have the teleporting thing what ever it's called. So far I have killed two missionaries. I got the shift thing in the space place which was a pretty cool environment. And I killed the woman twice in the same building as the laser gun. I killed her twice as I need more points so I could infuse the laser gun when I went back specifically to get the laser gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭radius345

I gave Deathloop a spin there a few weeks back, intrigued by the game but a little confused by the setup initially. I'm hoping it's a case of sticking with it and the progression starts to make a bit more sense? I found there was a lot to take on in the early stages and was put off a bit by that.

Yeah it takes a few loops to finally get in the swing of it and understand its mechanics and progression path. Stick with it!

Advertisement