Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running issues specific to women

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,205 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sheriff2

Hi All;

Posting on behalf of my wife.

She has taking up jogging and as soon she starts to jog , she get a stitch under her left rib . She has tried warming up, eating and drinking not too close to jogging, but every time she starts to jog she stitches right away. Has anyone experienced this before? Any tips?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

This used to happen to me a lot, there’s a few things you can do. Breathing more mindfully helped me - 2 steps in, 3 steps out (longer exhale than inhale). Also slowing down!

Stitches are still a bit of a mystery to science, apparently.

Advertisement