Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vatican issues document rejecting idea that people can choose or change gender

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

_blaaz wrote: »
    Perhaps this will help clarify things??

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.abc.net.au/article/10040242

Thinking anorexia is a self image problem is a scaryily misinformed person

That article will trigger him as the content is outside his narrow view of the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

klaaaz wrote: »
    That article will trigger him as the content is outside his narrow view of the world!

Sure lookit....i hope he/she reads it....as it is from a relatively neutral.source and informative

A day,where you dont learn something,is a day wasted

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Nope, read again. This is rather embarrassing for you not knowing what the difference between drag and transgender is.

I know exactly the difference.
    This is now the 3rd time I've asked you to tell the difference.

Drag: Man wearing a dress
    Trans: Man thinks he's a woman, wears a dress and hormonal treatment plus potentially surgical procedures to try and match their image to their self image.

Now... you turn, you explain your interpretation of the differences in detail.

Thinking anorexia is a self image problem is a scaryily misinformed person

What do you base that on ?
    Did you read the Wiki article at least ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anorexia_nervosa
    Many people with anorexia see themselves as overweight even though they are, in fact, underweight

That says "self image" issues.
    Anyways, are you a rereg of klaaz ?
    There to back up each other up?

Self image problem is the synthom and not the cause of eating disorders

But if you correct the self image, does it not correct the problem ?
    If anorexics were able to accept what they looked like at a normal weight, that "should" solve the problem ?

• Advertisement

But if you correct the self image, does it not correct the problem ?
    If anorexics were able to accept what they looked like at a normal weight, that "should" solve the problem ?

No....it deosnt

If you dont solve the underlying issues you will only patch the problem......no point in working on self image while ignoring a whole host of under lying physcological issues/trauma which cause it

No....it deosnt

If you dont solve the underlying issues you will only patch the problem......no point in working on self image while ignoring a whole host of under lying physcological issues/trauma which cause it

You'll probably be reported for thinking it's an underlying psychological issue. "They" don't agree.

I know exactly the difference.
    This is now the 3rd time I've asked you to tell the difference.

Drag: Man wearing a dress
    Trans: Man thinks he's a woman, wears a dress and hormonal treatment plus potentially surgical procedures to try and match their image to their self image.

Now... you turn, you explain your interpretation of the differences in detail.

You said
    TuringBot wrote:
    In fairness I imagine most people consider trans people to be something of an amusement like someone with turrets syndrome.

And
    TuringBot wrote:
    Brendan O'Carroll pretends to be a woman and I certainly don't laugh at him.

Men in drag have always been the subject of comedy especially old BBC material.
    TuringBot wrote:
    But throw in some hormones and a few snips from a surgeon and what's the difference?

That's you talking about drag as being transgender, you didn't know the difference until you were challenged. You thought being trans was funny and to be mocked at comparing it to laughing at a person having tourettes.
    For one that has a nickname after a famous gay person, your knowledge of LGBT matters is rather insulting to the memory of Mr. Turing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

What can you say anymore about the RCC. They are just determined to destroy themselves from the inside. Remember they control our schools.

The Vatican has issued an official document rejecting the idea that people can choose or change their genders and insisting on the sexual “complementarity” of men and women to make babies.

Pope Francis has repeatedly argued the position that people cannot choose their genders.
    The document called for a new alliance among families, schools and society to offer a “positive and prudent sexual education” in Catholic schools so children learn the “full original truth of masculinity and femininity”.

It called gender fluidity a symptom of the “confused concept of freedom” and “momentary desires” that characterise post-modern culture.

It rejected terms such as “intersex” and “transgender” and said the purpose of the biological “complementarity” of the male and female sex organs was to ensure procreation.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/vatican-rejects-idea-people-can-choose-or-change-genders-1.3921015

They're dead right too. This fad will hopefully die down soon.

Anyways, are you a rereg of klaaz ?
    There to back up each other up?

Isn't doxxing of reg's not allowed TBot, that sound familiar? Whiff of paranoia of your posts!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My 8 year old asked me why Bruce Jenner suddenly looked like a woman.

I told him that some boys are born with a girls heart, and vice versa of course and so they have to change the outside to match.

He understood without any further explanation. It was literally that simple for him.

When I say heart, I am referring to the soul/spirit/energy. Not the physical muscle.

For one that has a nickname after a famous gay person, your knowledge of LGBT matters is rather insulting to the memory of Mr. Turing.

You mean the brilliant mathematician. His sexuality is f*** all concern to most people. So give over trying to define dead men by their sexuality to suit you own tiresome narrative.

xzanti wrote: »

I told him that some boys are born with a girls heart, and vice versa of course and so they have to change the outside to match.

He understood without any further explanation. It was literally that simple for him.

When I say heart, I am referring to the soul/spirit/energy. Not the physical muscle.

I also know 8 year olds who genuinely believe in Santa Claus, God and Fairies. It’s very simple for children to accept an assurance from a parent for something that makes little sense to them. Your child does not have some innate ability to reconcile these matters. They just take your word for it.

I wouldn’t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

xzanti wrote: »

If he dressed as a chicken because he thought he was a chicken then you could have explained that as a chicken soul/spirit/energy.

How the femaleness exists in Bruce is not easily explained, since it’s not biological and he’s spent his life socially constructed as a male. So we resort to supernatural explanations.

JayZeus wrote: »
    You mean the brilliant mathematician. His sexuality is f*** all concern to most people. So give over trying to define dead men by their sexuality to suit you own tiresome narrative.

His sexuality caused him to get convicted as a gay man back then helping him to an early death, some posters here would like those times to return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

His sexuality caused him to get convicted as a gay man back then helping him to an early death, some posters here would like those times to return.

Nope. You are equating homosexuality with trans. Not the same.

What are you on about, no such thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

There is an equivalence between Turing and Trans. The drugs that were used to chemically castrate Turing are the same sort of drugs that are given to Trans women, some of whom are children, and which can do irreversible damage.

xzanti wrote:

xzanti wrote:

xzanti wrote:

xzanti wrote:

And then everyone clapped

Exactly....i very much doubt a 8 year old would who caitlyn jenner is....ive only vague idea

• Advertisement

_blaaz wrote:
    Exactly....i very much doubt a 8 year old would who caitlyn jenner is....ive only vague idea

Might know the beautiful brave and stunning Kaitlyn, but sure as **** doesn't know about the heroic athletic specimen of a man that was Bruce.

Might know the beautiful brave and stunning Kaitlyn, but sure as **** doesn't know about the heroic athletic specimen of a man that was Bruce.

Tbh mate,doubt an 8 year old woukd care

_blaaz wrote:
    Tbh mate,doubt an 8 year old woukd care

My point exactly buddy

Except for me. I wondered where the hell things went so wrong. I wondered exactly how the hell is it that any 8 year old would be exposed to the pure crap forma of media that would have led to them to know who Bruce and Caitlyn Jenner are in the first place.

When I was 8, I read books or got to watch Knight Rider or the A-Team.

Now 8 year olds are watching the Kardashians I guess or some other moronic reality TV (for shame, parents) and being used as a prop in a tale of boy vs girl hearts and bodies.

This stuff is fairly unbelievable. I mean, on what level is that okay? Jenner is an utter eejit, regardless of whatever’s between the legs or down the bra. And the rest of those people on those shows are equally foul examples to be allowed influence any child. Why would someone allow an 8 year old access to such absolutely vapid sheite?

Mind numbing stuff.

JayZeus wrote:
    This stuff is fairly unbelievable. I mean, on what level is that okay? Jenner is an utter eejit, regardless of whatever’s between the legs or down the bra. And the rest of those people on those shows are equally foul examples to be allowed influence any child. Why would someone allow an 8 year old access to such absolutely vapid sheite?

Glenroe, neighbours, Corrie, EastEnders, upwardly mobile, eldorado.

There will always be **** media. There wasnt always a necessity to accept it like there is now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Are you alluding to homophobic  or homicidal thought?

Gay men and lesbian women are same sex attracted, this is verifiable, biology.

For me Gender ideology is some twat, who will never have a twat, explaining to people with a twat, that they don't understand how difficult life is if people think you have a twat.
    So, this pride month, remember;
    If you are straight & cis you don't have to deal with men forcing you to be sexual for their entertainment. You don't face violence & abuse if you reject their advances or deny them sexual pleasure. Pride matters.

Glenroe, neighbours, Corrie, EastEnders, upwardly mobile, eldorado.   

There will always be **** media.  There wasnt always a necessity to accept it like there is now

Wee difference in watching something from the above list (cas even as children we knew was a madeup walkietalkie book) and what is now being sold as real life in reality TV land.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Does anyone actually believe that there is 63 genders - https://apath.org/63-genders/ - or, 71 genders - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/10930654/Facebooks-71-gender-options-come-to-UK-users.html? I mean actual real people, not some faceless professionally offended twitter users?
    Who knows what number of genders there will be by the end of this year?

erica74 wrote: »
    Does anyone actually believe that there is 63 genders - https://apath.org/63-genders/ - or, 71 genders - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/10930654/Facebooks-71-gender-options-come-to-UK-users.html? I mean actual real people, not some faceless professionally offended twitter users?
    Who knows what number of genders there will be by the end of this year?

Does it really matter?

Live and let live brother

_blaaz wrote:
    Does it really matter?
    Yes.

• Advertisement

Yes.

Why?

Let them away,deosnt affect me how others see emselves....how do it affect you?

Advertisement