Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I tried a white chocolate and cookies Magnum earlier, it was nice but underwhelming. Also paid a bit more than usual for a bottle of wine and it's only OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Having a sore throat on holiday and needing to take paracetamol every couple of hours. And that’s after being on an antibiotic for it last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Having a sore throat on holiday and needing to take paracetamol every couple of hours. And that’s after being on an antibiotic for it last week!

Ah no, nothing worse than not feeling well on holiday:(. Hopefully it eases soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Ah no, nothing worse than not feeling well on holiday:(. Hopefully it eases soon.

The pain eases when I take paracetamol and otherwise I feel fine which I suppose is a good thing. I’ll go to a pharmacy tomorrow and get something for it though to try get rid of the pain altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When your in a shop and they have a sale on.
    It says 40% off t-shirts.
    If things are poorly marked you've to figure out of it's off all stock or just selected items and is it off marked price or those the price shown include reduction.

• Advertisement

When you've put somebody on your 'Ignore' list for posting thousands of ineffably vacuous posts in the past three months, but you still manage to see loads of the person's posts because so many people quote them to tell them they're very inane or that they're posting so much.

Use the 'Ignore' function/Leave them alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Disclaimer: The below post IN NO WAY refers to anyone on this thread. And I completely accept the hypocrisy of what I'm about to say:

Rant: Who the **** calls at 8.30am on a Monday to complain? And about something so inane as sound tests on a Sunday afternoon? FFS like. Piss off back to sleep ya oul biddy and stop ruining my Monday. There is no physical way you could've heard those sound tests based on yeh know, physics and stuff. The stage is pointed the complete opposite way to your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

People who actually form opinions on people online.

I mean i can't i can't even remember people's names online.

Its like people forming an opinion on someone based on a postcard they wrote.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Just quoting you so everyone can see ;)

Not trivial at all really but I dropped the dog in for a lumpectomy. I'm not one for prayers but keep your collective fingers crossed for her that its benign.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Not trivial at all really but I dropped the dog in for a lumpectomy. I'm not one for prayers but keep your collective fingers crossed for her that its benign.

Fingers crossed for you & your pet!

• Advertisement

Virtue-signalling headlines. For example, this doozie:

https://www.rte.ie/news/newslens/2019/0818/1069455-cycle-speed-record/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ta that it seems today I am responsible for every darn bad thing that has happned at seaside hq even tho Ive been in midland hq all week, this magic includes things I have nothing to do with or understand.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Rushed out today to top up our online debit card, so I could renew his Ms Office subscription, the app's are taking ages to download. I have a bad feeling about this.

Ta's that I rushed to get myself into a situation I have no idea about and will probably spend all evening on a helpline to fix.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Best wishes to the little one, I hope and pray everything's okay. Please keep us updated. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

How someone chooses to express themselves reveals a lot about their personality, so it is very easy to form an opinion of a user.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

SIgh new bank card being sent out

Am annoyed my card has to be replaced cause of a suspicious transaction.

I was trying to send monies to israel to fund Hassidic joyriders to the moon.

They found out

But now i need a new card

Now i have no card for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I tried a white chocolate and cookies Magnum earlier, it was nice but underwhelming. Also paid a bit more than usual for a bottle of wine and it's only OK.

Thousands and thousands of Trivial Annoyances on these threads, yet I truly believe that this is by far the most trivial annoyance I've come across!

Congratulations Rubberlegs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Muller1991

Has anything been said about the noise of flip flops on a wet day ... Its one of those noises that scrapes through to the bones.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The state of Lidl's baby spinach lately. Every single bag looks like the boxes must be getting delivered by Ace Ventura.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Those yokes you use to hang socks on a clothes line...with about twelve
    Smaller pegs...they are absolutely crap....they break within the first fifteen minutes of usage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

People who rave about the food they are given regardless of the quality.
    Had a SIL once wax lyrical about a supermacs snackbox.
    She would say any aul shyte was lovely.

Bless her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

I realize as a whole, Americans are referred as Yanks or Yankees. My ancestors fought for the South, so I get annoyed being referred as a Yankee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I realize as a whole, Americans are referred as Yanks or Yankees. My ancestors fought for the South, so I get annoyed being referred as a Yankee.
    I get annoyed when Yanks refer to Paddy's day as "St Patty's day" so swings and roundabouts :P

Why is that btw? :confused: I read online that Paddy is now considered an offensive term. Is that true?

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I get annoyed when Yanks refer to Paddy's day as "St Patty's day" so swings and roundabouts :P

Why is that btw? :confused: I read online that Paddy is now considered an offensive term. Is that true?

Hell I don't know, we didn't celebrate St Patricks day in my town. You would have to ask a Yankee why that is.

Hell I don't know, we didn't celebrate St Patricks day in my town. You would have to ask a Yankee why that is.

Genuine curiosity, why are you on an Irish site?

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Genuine curiosity, why are you on an Irish site?

I live in Limerick now my wife is from here and after our daughter was born, she wanted to move back to Ireland. Been here 10 years now and ya'll are all I got to talk to heh.

I live in Limerick now my wife is from here and after our daughter was born, she wanted to move back to Ireland. Been here 10 years now and ya'll are all I got to talk to heh.

Pity she's not from Cork. Confederate flags all over the shop down there, you would have felt right at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Muller1991 wrote: »
    Has anything been said about the noise of flip flops on a wet day ... Its one of those noises that scrapes through to the bones.

We have someone in the next row over in work who wears them around the office.

She would never make a good spy, can hear her a mile away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

When you open a packet of ham and it smells like farts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

When you open a packet of ham and it smells like farts.

That packet ham is pure dirt. Plastic crap. Get the good stuff, costs more, but it's worth it.
    Also, Heineken from a bottle smells like farts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement