Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

1100 Bus Eireann bus from Dublin to Sligo broke down after leaving bus aras. Returned to busaras still awaiting fresh bus.
    Still waiting it out of broken down bus

My boardsies enemies can LAUGH.

GO ON.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Stoner? Used to happen me a lot when i smoked a pile of the oul hooja.

Not now just a tad anxious I'd say.
    CBD products are meant to be great to put you to sleep.

On replacement BE bus now: moving outside busara at 11.38

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

On replacement BE bus now: moving outside busara at 11.38

The only positive thing about it is that at least you weren't heading the opposite direction, to the airport... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My sibling's bosses wife has started showing up on community fb pages he follows.
    As I do most of his sm work, its making me paranoid as these communities are counties away from her.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Bredabe wrote: »
    My sibling's bosses wife has started showing up on community fb pages he follows.
    As I do most of his sm work, its making me paranoid as these communities are counties away from her.

I don't understand this :o

I'm not hung over, so I must just be having a slow brain day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I miss dirtysarah33. Best boardsie ever

Anyone click her link *nudge,nudge**wink wink*

I spent an absolute fortune on a new hairstyle on monday,
    as I've had a family member cut since I moved here, I don t know much about new styles or how they would work for my face shape or the hair's particular foibles, so the consult was exhausting.

Left it to settle in and washed it this am, its dry now and I dont like it.
    As my dad would have said 'it looks like you feel asleep in the sun and a donkey ate it'.

tatatata

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I don't understand this :o

I'm not hung over, so I must just be having a slow brain day.

Not just you.
    Breda seems lovely but I haven't the foggiest idea what half her posts are about.

Not just you.
    Breda seems lovely but I haven't the foggiest idea what half her posts are about.

Im sorry to read that, its devastating to read this on a public forum esp as Ive been open about my sld and posts are often rushed. Maybe its because of this, I dont understand the need to post things like, I dont understand this post at all, let alone when they could easily be pm'ed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Bredabe wrote: »
    Im sorry to read that, its devastating to read this on a public forum esp as Ive been open about my sld and posts are often rushed. Maybe its because of this, I dont understand the need to post things like, I dont understand this post at all, let alone when they could easily be pm'ed.

Oh God, I genuinely wasn't being smart-assed Bredabe and I'm so sorry if you took offence to my post.

It seemed to be an interesting story but I couldn't get my head around it. I'm no good at social media stuff and don't know what facebook communities are or the relevance of what county someone is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I hate falling asleep on the sofa and waking up in the middle of the night.
    I can't get to sleep when I go to bed and I end up being tired during the next day.

I haven't been to my bed since Sunday night. I keep falling asleep on the couch, and even when I wake at 2am or 4am, I just say "I'll go up in a minute." but I don't. Usually I end up watching the telly again, sometimes falling asleep again, but probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I haven't been to my bed since Sunday night. I keep falling asleep on the couch, and even when I wake at 2am or 4am, I just say "I'll go up in a minute." but I don't. Usually I end up watching the telly again, sometimes falling asleep again, but probably not.

I'd do similar. I just struggle to get back to sleep.
    I tend to over think things in the middle of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Car garages handing out cars to any Tom, Dick and Harry.
    Got on tv for a few weeks? Here's a free car.
    Work in radio? Here's a free car.
    Played GAA 10 years ago? Here's a free car

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I'd do similar. I just struggle to get back to sleep.
    I tend to over think things in the middle of the night.

I find if i have a few sleepless nights,i listen to ASMR and it sorts me right out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Flight delayed by 5 hours so far. FML

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Flight delayed by 5 hours so far. FML

Don't forget to claim compensation - did it recently and got €250 from Ryanair, only had to fill in a form with my flight details. It will ease the pain a bit :)

TA: living in an old house, I've constantly got creepy crawlies for company. Just as well I'm not squeamish about them. I might take up entomology as a hobby!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The back door key has been looking very bendy for awhile now. I was pulling the wheelie bin through this morning (joys of living on a terrace, another TA), and hit the key and the head snapped off. I spent an hour trying to prise it out, googled YouTube videos on how best to do it. Used a good squirt of WD40, tweezers, nail file, nail scissors, big scissors, paper clip. Some twat suggested the end of an incense stick, that instantly broke. I had to leave it in the end and spent the day pondering my murder in my bed tonight, as the dog lets herself in and out the back door at will.
    Thankfully, the eldest managed to get it out this evening and a spare key was found but my day was thrown over it :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

maudgonner wrote: »
    Don't forget to claim compensation - did it recently and got €250 from Ryanair, only had to fill in a form with my flight details. It will ease the pain a bit :)

Still in f##kin London

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

My manager said I’d have a mid year review in June, never happened

Two weeks later I respectfully asked for this and got zero reply. He sits 5 meters from me like!

Asked for a meeting in July regarding my contract and again ignored

In August he told the entire team I’d get a new contract. Good news but why tell everyone? Is my private business. Now the gossips pump me for information but it’s none of their business

3 weeks left and twice I was asked what’s the story as nobody from HR contacted me and I got a bit thick and added “nobody here tells me anything!”

Ignored.....yet he’ll spend 20 minutes discussing electric guitars and how pissed he was at the weekend with his buddy and ignore his staff :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Stayed in my parents' house last night. Next door neighbour let their horrendously shrill dog out at 8am and the little bollix barked non-stop for an hour. By the time they finally brought him back in, any hope of me getting back to sleep had long gone.

Cheers, dudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

mikemac2 wrote: »
    My manager said I’d have a mid year review in June, never happened

Two weeks later I respectfully asked for this and got zero reply. He sits 5 meters from me like!

Asked for a meeting in July regarding my contract and again ignored

In August he told the entire team I’d get a new contract. Good news but why tell everyone? Is my private business. Now the gossips pump me for information but it’s none of their business

3 weeks left and twice I was asked what’s the story as nobody from HR contacted me and I got a bit thick and added “nobody here tells me anything!”

Ignored.....yet he’ll spend 20 minutes discussing electric guitars and how pissed he was at the weekend with his buddy and ignore his staff :rolleyes:

Be very careful here, M. I have a friend who was in a very similar position, told repeatedly his contract was being “worked on” and that it was all fine.

A couple of weeks before his initial contract was up he was called aside for a “quick chat” and told there would be no contract. Put him in an awful bind but he luckily found somewhere quick enough.

When I first started in that place an older member of staff said to me “never trust anything until you have it in writing”, then I ended up seeing how true that was.

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

Threads about bootcut jeans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Be very careful here, M. I have a friend who was in a very similar position, told repeatedly his contract was being “worked on” and that it was all fine.

A couple of weeks before his initial contract was up he was called aside for a “quick chat” and told there would be no contract. Put him in an awful bind but he luckily found somewhere quick enough.

When I first started in that place an older member of staff said to me “never trust anything until you have it in writing”, then I ended up seeing how true that was.

Indeed, wise words. Have been applying externally too ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Danny Ings :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

The phrase "doubling down."

Is it just me or has there been a sudden spike in the usage of this term recently? TA seeing the same phrase being used in so many places, instead of a variety of available alternatives, and I guarantee that most of its users have absolutely no idea where it came from. Bigger TA the recent spike in even-sh*ttier-than-ever "journalism."

I consulted a professional a few weeks ago, at the end of the consult he told me to ring him if I had any questions.
    I of course forgot the most nb bit and I called to ask, they called back when I couldn't talk.
    I rang detailing what the question is(it would take a second to answer) they rang and told me that I would have to make another appointment even tho it was understood it was a question.

The ta of this is, the appointments are 100e each and reception was trying to force me to make an appointment that would cost me 20e to get there to!
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Edit, the very info he wanted me to 'visit' to get was passed on to me by one of the girl's medical student g/f just a few hours ago!!!!!, 120e 'back' in my pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

That stupid little plastic thing that hold socks together in a pack. I snagged a sock today pulling them apart. They remind me of fish bones :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

There's tiny holes in some of my clothes. Must be moths in the wardrobe. Damn you little scented packets who promised to deter the bloody moths!

• Advertisement

Loudest couple EVER behind me on the train.
    TG for headphones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement