Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My car got keyed.

Jesus Christ, what type of a lowlife does that? :(

TA, I bought a liquid lipstick today and only realised when I'd opened it and put it on that I'd picked up the matte version instead of the gloss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Getting cut off from resources just when I needed them most.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Tourists walking slowly around supermarkets isles "window shopping" and buying nothing.

I'd guess french because they were attractive and very well dressed ... in a casual kind of way.

Meanwhile I'm on my lunch break trying to race around and pick up a few bits. I felt like smacking them today.

More than likely I'm just jealous
    and trialvilly annoyed by their good looks :-/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Des Irlandais fous qui courent à leur pause déjeuner. Il est évident qu’ils n’ont jamais coupé la tête de 14000 personnes à la guilotine. Ils ont besoin de se détendre plus, imbéciles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Descriptions of scent blends including flowers that have no smell to speak of. Any floral scent in those products comes from a generic synthetic bouquet of flowers oil, not the pretty snowdrops in the photo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭Be right back

The 'lady' in Penneys, Cork who was really rude and swore at the staff when she tried to return a top without a receipt! Get over yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Online review about a product : " I don't know, I haven't used it yet".

Then proceeds to give one star!

Reviews written by men on behalf of their wives.

"My wife says this is the best detergent we've used."

And when I haven't had mental space to reply to a message and the sender keeps harassing me with "hi" or whatever nagging, attention seeking thing. I felt guilty before, now I don't want to deal with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

went to an Antiques fair at the weekend , this guy there kept getting in my way everytime i went to look at an item, it's as if he was following me around, felt like thumping him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

unnecessary boardsie bashing, just for the laugh. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

The polls consistently over the years over egg SF's final percentage.

Personally I would take a good 5% off that at least.

or maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Annual car insurance rant time. Quotes this year ranged from 180% of my renewal quote to 400%. 400%! How are they generating such a range of quotes for the same thing? Are they throwing numbered chicken bones in the air and seeing what lands in the circle? I mean, they're all essentially buying insurance off the same handful of companies and reselling it here. And does everyone get quoted 400%? Do people buy from the 400% company? So many questions....

As always, I was surprised (given the amount of money involved) when websites didn't work. One major insurer took all my information and crapped out at the quote stage. Another major insurer failed on the first form when despite resolving my eircode, wouldn't put that information into the relevant panel. Most quote engines worked fine, but there was a handful that didn't seem to know that the town where I live exists. Ballyarseendofnowhere was in there, but not this town.

And a special mention for the one broker who wanted way more information than anyone else in order to give a quote. Nobody else needed extra information, but apparently my 3rd class test results were relevant? In any case I judged the odds of them giving a good quote not worth the hassle of filling in the extra information, especially since getting some of it would have involved getting off my arse....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

TA'd at getting really fired up over politics and other useless shite the last while,

Need to cop on, sooner the nice long evenings come the better so I can get out from behind these stupid screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Gobshítes who don’t keep their dogs on a lead in the park when the dog has no “recall” or doesn’t response to any other commands.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Came back from work, threw a bit of food into pan & onto hob. Headed upstairs to do a few things. Came back down & food was as still as raw & cold as when I left it.

Turned on the wrong job. Had the pan on one hob, and an empty one heating up.

Numpty...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

There are narrow footpaths around my workplace and I often meet cyclists on the footpath. My TA is the cyclist coming towards me giving a dirty look because I didn't step off out his way. No way would I step off, those days are over. He was forced to stop and I walked around him. He felt entitled and I was feeling stubborn

As for the last few weeks I did step off on a few occasions and signal "come on" and I didn't get a thanks, nod, wave, I got nooooothing :( I come from rural Ireland where saluting on roads is the law!!

In future I´ll step off sure for a nervous young cyclist child shepherded by a cycling parent on their way to school or something like that. If you are a teenager or over no way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

TA’d at labels that claim food packets (cheese slices/ham slices /chicken slices,that kind of thing) are “Easy Peel”....when in fact it’s virtually impossible to find where they peel from in the first place...and when you do,they tear....right across the middle of the plastic....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

That kind of talentless insufferable morans who make videos/tik toks of pranks or jokes that are painfully unnatural and obviously set up and fake. that goes ofr the cretins on youtube with the clickbait or "do-gooder" videos ffs gets on my nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Revolut have absolutely bolloxed up their app. They've made it so un-user friendly, they deleted my saved cards and saved bank account and wouldn't let me add them back in, so I couldn't top up this weekend. When I went to pay with the money on the card it was declined. I'm raging coz it's such a useful bank account for fee-free exchanges. I don't even know if there's any point in continuing to use it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Revolut have absolutely bolloxed up their app. They've made it so un-user friendly, they deleted my saved cards and saved bank account and wouldn't let me add them back in, so I couldn't top up this weekend. When I went to pay with the money on the card it was declined. I'm raging coz it's such a useful bank account for fee-free exchanges. I don't even know if there's any point in continuing to use it at all.

Perhaps have a read of this for some pointers (if you haven't already seen it)

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058036916/28/#post112526872

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Gobshítes who don’t keep their dogs on a lead in the park when the dog has no “recall” or doesn’t response to any other commands.

Or the ones that, despite knowing their dog tends to go mad when in contact with another dog, don't shorten the lead or keep the dog calm when another is approaching, and instead let their little fur baby bark and "attack" said intruder. All hell breaks loose.

Especially common with smaller breeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I was in the head office today. A young fella came in with a new beige overcoat.
    It was fairly fancy but feckin heck you'd swear he came in like Louis XIV the way people were gossiping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Annoyed that I had a virus for almost 2 weeks that I only just got rid of and now my throat is really sore and I feel grotty but I can't get ill because the next 3 days are going to be hectic and include lots of mileage.

Selling something handmade for €28
    Private message asking "would you do it for €15, I'm in Kerry"

I wouldn't mind if they asked about a discount (usually people don't expect one unless buying at least 2 items though) but asking if they can buy it for about half the price, and what does the location have to do with it?
    They're made to order items so obviously its a set price and calculated to cover materials etc.

No upbringing, some people

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The third curtain rod went back today, as its too short as well.
    Three times its been measured and converted and its still wrong.
    3 freaking times!

Ladders and measuring tapes aren't that hard to work!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Xenophobic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Deleted some posts on immigration that were off topic , not the thread for it, take it elsewhere, thanks.

Annoyed that I had a virus for almost 2 weeks that I only just got rid of and now my throat is really sore and I feel grotty but I can't get ill because the next 3 days are going to be hectic and include lots of mileage.

I’ve had a virus or something for all of January, coughing, tiredness, swollen glands. Went to doctor twice. Finally started getting better as I took 4 days off work (doctors orders) and rested , went back to work today and glands are swollen again tonight , I’m tired of this :mad:

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Not with all cards and bank account ???
    I topped up mine today from my usual AIB account and all good , no problems.
    I love Revolut . Surely you should check out what’s going on with them before you just stop using it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Election posters that are still up, they should have been taken down on Saturday, storm or no storm.
    Biggest eyesores ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement