Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Got my nails done with a new shape and slightly longer length.

Trying to type on my phone is a TA until I get used to the difference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Got my nails done with a new shape and slightly longer length.

Trying to type on my phone is a TA until I get used to the difference.

Be careful with your boyfriend's back as well, or he will be posting here in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Q102 incessant playing of Careless Whisper and She's like the Wind. I have no radio loyalty, and tend to just flick between stations. I swear every time I pass Q102 either of those songs is playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Shakira's voice. She sounds like a goat bleating.
    New Home wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? :pac:

When did this become a Nanny state

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Fake ass people , who pretend to be something/someone other than who they are , quite sad that they feel so insecure in themselves that they need to do so .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Would it TA you if I didn't say?
    :D

So no answer then ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    When did this become a Nanny state

I blame the sheeple, Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Sleet is a big TA.
    It just plain sh1te. Its not proper snow but is freezing cold and gets you all wet. Can look deceiving, like fools gold.
    Could we just bypass the preliminaries and get on to the proper white stuff please?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sleet is a big TA.
    It just plain sh1te. Its not proper snow but is freezing cold and gets you all wet. Can look deceiving, like fools gold.
    Could we just bypass the preliminaries and get on to the proper white stuff please?

No thanks, i would like to be able to get home tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm here to whinge about cold feet again. Was at the hairdresser getting long overdue cut/colour /blow dry and the place was absolutely FREEZING. Bless her, she plugged in a portable oil radiator next to me but I just couldn't get warm. My feet haven't recovered since. Going to bed with a fluffy blanky and fleece socks now to recover. Brrrr and grrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Be careful with your boyfriend's back as well, or he will be posting here in the morning.

Only if he annoys me :p

TA the snow has gone :(

People that leave their dogs out barking late at night

I literally can’t comprehend being that inconsiderate of your neighbours

We got a doggie flap put into the glass patio doors so that she can let herself in/out to do her business as required. Because of this, she now has free reign of the back garden. Lately, someone in the neighbourhood has been leaving their madra out overnight, and that poor dog likes to start a barking competition at all hours. My dog now likes to go charging into the garden barking her head off when she hears the local one start making noise.
    That I cooked a huge brunch to make fridge space ahead of a grocery shop. But because I ate so much, I’m too full to do the shop, thinking of pushing it into tomorrow.

I've often gotten a cooking buzz on a Sat/Sun afternoon when I'm in a good mood and decided to do a huge shop and make a load of food for the week's dinners and lunches. The amount of times that I finish doing this only to be too knackered to bother cooking for that night's dinner. The guilt of ordering a takeaway with a 75% cooked lasagne or shepherds pie sitting in the fridge is inhuman.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA after that storm I'm really worried about the trees in my garden.
    They weren't there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Not so much TA as trivially sad. There was a few women in the pub at the weekend that were mahogers. Now, on top of a natural suspicion that anyone this far north of the equator would be that tanned at this time of year, I've actually never seen that colour in nature. Tbh, they looked dirty rather than tanned. There was one attractive lady in particular who between her hands, ankles, and very deep cleavage seemed to covered all over. She's gone to so much effort and ended up looking less attractive instead of more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭Be right back

TA after that storm I'm really worried about the trees in my garden.
    They weren't there before.

Any spare trampoline there?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Not so much TA as trivially sad. There was a few women in the pub at the weekend that were mahogers. Now, on top of a natural suspicion that anyone this far north of the equator would be that tanned at this time of year, I've actually never seen that colour in nature. Tbh, they looked dirty rather than tanned. There was one attractive lady in particular who between her hands, ankles, and very deep cleavage seemed to covered all over. She's gone to so much effort and ended up looking less attractive instead of more.

That I looked puzzledly at mahogers wondering what country that was for far too long, before continuing reading... Then it all made sense :)

I agree.... Waiting longenly for the "natural" look of the 90/00s to come back... I'll be in fashion once again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

TA at the asshole driver who decided it was a good idea to overtake another car on a flooded road coming up to a blind corner, just as I was coming around the corner from the other direction. At least the asshole had the sense to pull back in behind the other car. The driver of the car in front must have gotten an awful fright as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Philip Scofield .Right so he is gay , grand now just go away and stop milking it for attention
    Apparently Joan Collins was on Good Morning Britain this morning and asked why he'd come out now, according to her 'everyone who knew him knew that he is gay''.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

People who talk loudly to each other in the sauna / steam room. shut up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Random but sudden death fault in some of the av equipment, called a service person x5 who kept implying that I was making up the issue. In addition to them implying that I talk too much.

I demand that they set up the box the way I know its likely to fail and low and behold it does and on come the excuses.

So after implying Im attention seeking, too talkative and have zero grasp on how the workaday equipment works, brat beeps and waves at me when Im dragging ass to work this am.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Shakira's voice. She sounds like a goat bleating.

I always thought David Grey's voice was sheep like.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Apparently Joan Collins was on Good Morning Britain this morning and asked why he'd come out now, according to her 'everyone who knew him knew that he is gay''.

And they moved her off sharpish when she was hinting at other stuff

Ta: My internet was knocked off by a spectacular crack of lightning. I thought the modem was broken. Scariest ten minutes of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

He was getting bad publicity from co-workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

vriesmays wrote: »
    He was getting bad publicity from co-workers.

More to do with a certain runner that worked on This Morning.Google it,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I had a reasonable length of sleep. I woke up at a reasonable time. I had my breakfast, and my coffee. I had my lunch..... yet since i started work I've done nothing but yawn every 10 minutes. I am absolutely wrecked tired and I've no idea why... I'll go home at 7pm and I'll be wide awake though..

TA (a recurring one) desperate sensitivity to noise. Everything is conspiring to drive me mad, dog sloppily licking her coat, cat with the most annoying whingey meow in the world wailing to come indoors but walks around wailing like an air raid siren indoors anyway. Other cat pawing the undersink cupboard door open and letting it bang closed. Synchronised stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

With the high winds there is an almighty draught coming down my overhead oven extractor fan or whatever it's called. Makes a big difference to heating the kitchen.

Surely in modern times these can be designed to extract air but not to allow wind to blow into the house

*off to google for solutions*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The 2CD reissue of David Gray's White Ladder not including the radio edit of Babylon - the arrangement is so much better than the rather dull album version. Hang on to your copies of Now 47.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Can't sleep because of the wind and I'm wide awake even more so now as I've just had to get up and apply self adhesive Velcro to the letter box as it's flapping loudly in the breeze. Fùck this weather :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement