Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I'm 40 and 'Bulldog' was banned when I was was in primary school after some child ended up with a broken arm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

George Lee has become the soothsayer for negative climate change paralysis. He sounds like the purveyor of impending doom every time he opens his trap. It has become monotonous and almost trite in delivery. Yes there is something wrong with the environment and yes your right we should all be doing something about it and yes there is an economic cost to all this hype and no I doubt your going to do shight about it Mr Lee. But you could start by losing the condescending and dire tone of your reports and news. It is too much and I am not really shítting enough bricks yet, sorry.

That is all for the moment thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I'm 40 and 'Bulldog' was banned when I was was in primary school after some child ended up with a broken arm.

This was banned when I was in school too and I’m early 20s. We just renamed it Fatcat :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Office chatter.

'I got one number in the lottery'
    'really...what number was that?'
    '5 - that's your birthday isn't it''
    'oh yeah....hahahaha'
    'I think it's my sister in law's too...what day was you birthday this year?'
    '..god I don't know...what day was yours?'
    '..ahhmmm..I don't remember..a Tuesday....or a Friday?...I don't know hahahaha'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

New Home wrote: »
    I bought this torch in Lidl last week, specifically because it said that it had three modes, i.e. max. brightness, economy and SOS mode, and I thought it'd be very handy to keep in the car. The instructions read "To change the lighting mode, press the ON / OFF button". I've been doing that for the past 15 mins, but all that does is to turn the torch on or off. I've tried keeping the button pressed for a variable number of seconds, I've tried double-clicking it... nothing! And there's nothing else that could be clicked or rotated or what have you to change the "mode". I feel like I've been had! :mad:

Bought 4 of the liquid soaps in Dunnes Stores for €2. Great value....until I got home......and not one of the plungers/dispensers work......twisted them to the left to the right, didn't do anything. Pushed the plunger in and also lifted the plunger.....nothing happened.

Ended up using the plunger from some other liquid soap bottle....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Up until relatively recently the junk email I received was from desperate housewives in my area looking for some hot times.

But all of a sudden the only junk email I am receiving is for arthritis medication and pet insurance.

Is this what getting old is like?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Bought 4 of the liquid soaps in Dunnes Stores for €2. Great value....until I got home......and not one of the plungers/dispensers work......twisted them to the left to the right, didn't do anything. Pushed the plunger in and also lifted the plunger.....nothing happened.

Ended up using the plunger from some other liquid soap bottle....

They don't have a sort of a ring that acts as a "stopper" under the "spout" thingy, do they? I've been caught out before...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Our secondary school principal gave out to us one day for doing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rECTAL fLAKE

New Home wrote:
    They don't have a sort of a ring that acts as a "stopper" under the "spout" thingy, do they? I've been caught out before...

Or else if you tighten the threaded bit underneath. If that's a little loose it can stop it pumping.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Up until relatively recently the junk email I received was from desperate housewives in my area looking for some hot times.

But all of a sudden the only junk email I am receiving is for arthritis medication and pet insurance.

Is this what getting old is like?

I now get prostate junk also.

"Honey, I shrunk my prostate"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

(Warning: this is very trivial, but then that's the thread title so don't be getting annoyed with me)

I keep seeing an ad for an insurance broker Arachas with the tagline "Arachas, the Irish for Insurance".

NO, IT'S NOT! Árachas is the Irish for insurance, without the síneadh fada it's not the Irish for anything. If you're going to have a slogan that's based on a stupid reference to the Irish language you should actually be respectful enough to spell it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Work mates talking s***e .

I work here to earn money... thats it, nothing else.

I don't care about the stupid little things that happen to you, that you seem to think are huge.

I will be pleasant and pass myself but this is not a social venue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

People who don’t know in Lidl and Aldi you pack at the shelf

Was held up for aaaaages while the lady in front carefully packed her bags and deciding which to use for bread and eggs

Come on!!

There are other supermarkets if you want to take your sweet time at the till

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Office chatter.

'I got one number in the lottery'
    'really...what number was that?'
    '5 - that's your birthday isn't it''
    'oh yeah....hahahaha'
    'I think it's my sister in law's too...what day was you birthday this year?'
    '..god I don't know...what day was yours?'
    '..ahhmmm..I don't remember..a Tuesday....or a Friday?...I don't know hahahaha'

TA that murder is illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    TA that murder is illegal

Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

i've found the workaround in that. Train bears to shoot them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

or even better, Ninja Bears

Bear-Vs.-Man-Kung-Fu-Fight-In-The-Wild.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Those cardboard straws that come with every soft drink, terrible yokes.

seconded. I don't care if they're saving the planet:P

I hurt my foot so now on this wet, miserable, freezing cold night, I have to sit here with ice on it! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    It is only illegal when and if your caught....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

today i was very TA'd at seeing yet another 'social expert', wheeled out by rte yet again, on the 6.1 news and being fawned over like she's authoritative voice , these half boiled 'experts' are getting way too much platform and they are talking pure shyte, bubbly shyte.

aaahhhh thats better

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The smell of coriander.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Archeron

A TV show on rte earlier this evening which appeared to be the X factor for bin bags. It was set in an incinerator.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

seconded. I don't care if they're saving the planet:P

I was recently having this very conversation with someone and their response was

'What do you need a straw for? Are you 4 years old? Drink from the cup like an adult FFS.'

It is a fair point. Noone drinks beer or wine with a straw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People who don't know what a One Hit Wonder is.

Shirts with buttons on the collar that are left open.

Actually just buttons in general. I hate them

edit I even hate the word button

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Shirts with buttons on the collar that are left open.

Actually just buttons in general. I hate them

edit I even hate the word button

would this help?
    mncJhEa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I can't embed. Would someone do that for me please to torment Rig :)

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Can't, that link returns a blank page.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement