Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homophobic attack on London bus - mod warning, please see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Dante7 wrote: »
    Because the suspicion is if they were white the police would have released a description. The UK police have form in brushing Muslim crime under the carpet lest they be seen as racist.

Here is a report of a homophobic attack earlier in the year. Spot the difference here?

https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/four-men-homophobic-attack-london/

‘The suspects are all described as white, aged in their mid-20s and wearing hooded tops. They left in the direction of the OXO Tower,’ said a police statement. An image of three of the suspects has been released. Authorities are treating the incident as a hate crime.

If they were muslim, they could be black, brown, yellow or (not that likely but still) white.

• Site Banned Posts: 3 Timmy G

Sure wasn't the Prophet Mohammed a homosexual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

_blaaz wrote: »
    Was under impression the reason description wasnt realeased was because they are minors

No, that is why they haven't been named. In the immediate aftermath of the attack it wouldn't have been known that four of the five were minors, and regardless, there is absolutely no legal reason why a description of a suspect shouldn't be released just because they are a minor.

No, that is why they haven't been named. In the immediate aftermath of the attack it wouldn't have been known that four of the five were minors, and regardless, there is absolutely no legal reason why a description of a suspect shouldn't be released just because they are a minor.

How do you know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,428 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Why not. The views of Islam are no secret. I'm not making things up.

What is the big deal?
    Did you not know these things?

What does it have to do with the thread subject?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Odhinn wrote: »
    If they were muslim, they could be black, brown, yellow or (not that likely but still) white.

A Muslim in the UK is statistically most likely to be of SE Asian origin. The attackers may not be Muslim, but I would bet big money that they are members of an ethnic minority.

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Good post.
    Maybe the LGBT community dont understand statistics or what statistics like this mean for whats potentially coming down the line for them .

Most battles often require making alliances with those who you idealogically oppose. Just look at the classic Churchill and Stalin alliance to fight H*tler.

I find it interesting that the LGBT community would rather align itself with minority oppressive religious communities in Ireland who oppose their sexual preferences, than align themselves with white males .

Im happy for the LGBT community to be getting long overdue freedoms and rights etc. but it will be short lived if they dont figure out that the enemy of their enemy is their friend.

Still no thread about the Birmingham school protests against the teaching of same-sex relationships. I guess there are some nettles the LGBT community arent yet ready to grasp.

So start one instead of whinging about the lack of it.:rolleyes:

A Muslim in the UK is statistically most likely to be of SE Asian origin. The attackers may not be Muslim, but I would bet big money that they are members of an ethnic minority.

Given the demographics of the British muslim population thats correct. And we still have no evidence of any muslim involvement in the attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Kimsang wrote: »
    Argument from ignorance. Because I can't supply evidence of something NOT being true, doesn't make it true.

These same people that espouse human rights and would be the first to challenge a statement such as
    "Why are some gay women nagging, pretentious, tiresome and just no fun to be around"

that would be called homophobic and misogynist. Go on I dare you to not call it as such.

No I will not. See here is the thing I kind off agree with you. If someone has an argument with some they its between those 2 people and it does not matter of there color sexuality or religion I would call it a 1 off (proving of course they do not use there sexuality, color or religion against them for the basis of the argument).

However if I found out that the 1 who was the aggressor had previous history of doing this then I would have no problem with calling them out as such.

It is time to call quits on this thread as all is happening now is pulling it off the reason for the thread

Why not just comment on the incident and not the statement of 2 ladies who are probably scared and just wrote something.

in 2009 I got hit by a car. The guy who did not see me was a non national not if I had gone on line straight away with the way I was feeling I may have bashed all non nationals because I was angry and scared while writing about my ordeal.. Would not have meant it but it could have came out. Now of course I know those thought were stupid and I would have had someone like you instead bashing me about my comments instead of the incident.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Because it has SFA to do with the incident, going on current information.

It's all relevant going forward as a society

• Advertisement

Blueshoe wrote: »
    It's all relevant going forward as a society

It's of no relevance to the instance at hand as far as we can tell at this time. Unless, of course, you're just here to bash the muslims.

How do you know this?

It says in the papers people arrested between 16 & 18 and in another only 1 was 18 will try to find it. I say they cops are hesitant of releasing any details of anyone in fear they or there family may be targeted in vigilante justice. Also given they arrested them straight away there was no need to ask for the publics help and release CCTV footage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

It's of no relevance to the instance at hand as far as we can tell at this time. Unless, of course, you're just here to bash the muslims.

As far as we know you are correct.

Although from reading about what the attackers said to the 2 victims it sounds like it was scūmbags rather than Muslims.
    Telling them to kiss etc sounds like teen scummers to me

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Its ALWAYS a sign you are losing the argument when your best stance is to say you cant raise that point in this discussion....

Good post.
    Maybe the LGBT community dont understand statistics or what statistics like this mean for whats potentially coming down the line for them .

Most battles often require making alliances with those who you idealogically oppose. Just look at the classic Churchill and Stalin alliance to fight H*tler.

I find it interesting that the LGBT community would rather align itself with minority oppressive religious communities in Ireland who oppose their sexual preferences, than align themselves with white males .

Im happy for the LGBT community to be getting long overdue freedoms and rights etc. but it will be short lived if they dont figure out that the enemy of their enemy is their friend.

Still no thread about the Birmingham school protests against the teaching of same-sex relationships. I guess there are some nettles the LGBT community arent yet ready to grasp.

Just to let you know I was the 1 who said it was 48 %. I inferred (if I am wrong I apologise) that it that poll is 52% Muslims wanted homosexual activity banned then the other 48 % didn't. I didn't mean to be disingenuous or muddy the water it was how I inferred then to a post who said all Muslims were intolerant.

Also not part of the LGBT community so that generalization of yours is wrong

Its ALWAYS a sign you are losing the argument when your best stance is to say you cant raise that point in this discussion....

Not when there's no basis for the "point". Thus far there is none.

It has no point in this discussion though it has nothing to do with the thread but has been spammed and shoehorned in at every opportunity by the usual.suspects who quiver in fear at islam.

Not when there's no basis for the "point". Thus far there is none.

And thats the second sign your losing the arguement when your best retort is theres no basis for your point .

First you say your not allowed make the point ...
    Second you say theres no basis..
    thats as losing a position as there is ...

at this point you can move onto the other options ...

Third option is usually to throw the RAYCIST card..
    If that fails throw the FASHIST card ...
    and if that fails then you go back to option 1 and repeat ad-nauseum .

And thats the second sign your losing the arguement when your best retort is theres no basis for your point .

First you say your not allowed make the point ...
    Second you say theres no basis..
    thats as losing a position as there is ...

at this point you can move onto the other options ...

Third option is usually to throw the RAYCIST card..
    If that fails throw the FASHIST card ...
    and if that fails then you go back to option 1 and repeat ad-nauseum .

....but there is no evidence whatsoever that muslims or anyone from a muslim background was involved. None whatsoever. I realise thats upsetting to people who want to have a go at their favourite target but thats tough shit, really.

It has no point in this discussion though it has nothing to do with the thread but has been spammed and shoehorned in at every opportunity by the usual.suspects who quiver in fear at islam.

Whatever gave you the idea I was in fear of Islam. Im not in fear of it.

Id just like a few under-paid teachers in a run of the mill school in central England to be able to go into school and teach same sex relationships to a bunch of kids, without having 500 people outside their gates each morning.

Its a free country , if your okay with that, thats your call.
    Personally Im not. We differ, its okay you dont object to that, I do. Life goes on .

• Advertisement

....but there is no evidence whatsoever that muslims or anyone from a muslim background was involved. None whatsoever. I realise thats upsetting to people who want to have a go at their favourite target but thats tough shit, really.

Theres no evidence white males were involved either , but I dont see you objecting to them being discussed in the thread.

Lifes complicated , lots of things are connected, you should take a look around we live in a world of connections, best get used to it.

I think your next move is the raycist card.. you've exhausted the other ones and are just digging a bigger hole for yourself.
    Or go for the big red nuclear option , play the fashist card.. you might feel better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

One thing we do know is that it was teenagers who did it now can everyone please shut the **** up about muslims ffs.

I doubt they where devout asking them to kiss if it disgusts the Muslims so much.

My money is on atheist kids.

Kimsang wrote: »
    Its fine if you subscribe to one certain ideology. Its the type of ideology that leads to Gulags.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jun/07/two-women-left-bloodied-in-homophobic-attack-on-london-bus

"The two women left needing hospital treatment after they were attacked on a bus in a homophobic assault have blamed a rise in rightwing populism for growing hate crime and called on people to stand up for each other."

You might want to change the destination and ideology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

DubInMeath wrote: »
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jun/07/two-women-left-bloodied-in-homophobic-attack-on-london-bus

"The two women left needing hospital treatment after they were attacked on a bus in a homophobic assault have blamed a rise in rightwing populism for growing hate crime and called on people to stand up for each other."

You might want to change the destination and ideology.

There is only one ideological bent allowed to insult other posters here, and the hypocrisy is clear for all to see.
    You need to remove your blinkers.

Jussie Smollett completely fabricated a story of a hate crime against him, because of the victim-hood narrative culture we live in.
    Here is 35mins of stories of 'victims' lying because we live in a victimhood culture.

I nor anyone else dispute the fact that these women were attacked in London.

What is under dispute is WHY they were attacked. Using hateful words DURING an attack does not equate to a hate crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Am I in the wrong thread?

This has absolutely nothing to do with muslims. If you want to argue about muslims or call yourself racist why don't you start a thread about muslims and homophobia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Am I in the wrong thread?

This has absolutely nothing to do with muslims. If you want to argue about muslims or call yourself racist why don't you start a thread about muslims and homophobia.

I’d like to see how long it would last :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I’d like to see how long it would last :pac:

Start it and see. Probably just as long as all the other hate filled ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: Shut up about muslims. Everyone. The derailment has gone way too far.

Unless a reputable source reports that the perps were muslims, then any further shoehorning of muslims into this thread gets you a ban.

People with spanish accents are fair game though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Mod: Shut up about muslims. Everyone. The derailment has gone way too far.

Unless a reputable source reports that the perps were muslims, then any further shoehorning of muslims into this thread gets you a ban.

People with spanish accents are fair game though.

comment_e3wwfw4fRE1b2MvrH6fkg0nvzEpZjSib.gif

:)

• Advertisement

I just find it interesting that any time anyone from certain groups are attacked it is automatically racist, misogynistic etc.

Scumbags are mostly just scumbags... They aren't smart or motivated enough to have such ideologies. They pick on people who are different as all bullies do.

This sounds like a classic case of scumbag teens beating up two lesbians for a change instead of teen boys.

Advertisement