Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homophobic attack on London bus - mod warning, please see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I agree.

Great you agree now can you stop derailing this thread with stuff as you said you would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

I always find it hilarious that people who never gave a sh it about womens or lgbt rights find sudden interest because of their islamophobia.

I found an interest in this thread because people that claim to give a sh it about womens and lgbt rights don't give a damn when men's rights

"Why do some men get upset, angry and offended at gay people existing, "

But she said some.. so I guess that's ok.
    that's the ultimate hypocrisy here

I care more about human rights. Homophobia and bigoted islamophobia are of equal concern to me. As I always find it hilarious and fascinating to see womens and lgbt rights used against muslims to justify islamophobia. I am not running away from anything. I just dont let people dictate to me that because I am gay I must be islamophobic. I'm not Islamophobic. I dont believe in setting one group against another.

Nah really what a lot of this is about is using LGBT people in an Islamophobic agenda.

Men have rights too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Great you agree now can you stop derailing this thread with stuff as you said you would

Get the thread back on track there will you.

Make a statement about the crime

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

DubInMeath wrote: »
    I do understand democracy
    Can you explain how your being tolerant when you said any one who voted for repeal, or had abortion should be put against a wall?

???
    He said what now? I missed that post!

So accuses others of being intolerant but posts that?

• Advertisement

???
    He said what now? I missed that post!

So accuses others of being intolerant but posts that?

I'd like to see where I wrote that too.

Get the thread back on track there will you.

Make a statement about the crime

????

I condemn this attach fully and however did it should be dealt as severely as possible as per the law? Happy

????

I condemn this attach fully and however did it should be dealt as severely as possible as per the law? Happy

Not too bad. Did you add the rainbow flag or solidarity banner to your Facebook profile picture ?

Originally Posted by "blinding View Post
    I am a middle aged man
    Faugheen wrote: »
    Surprise surprise

Your sexism is showing. Misandrist

Faugheen with her high and mighty virtue signalling throughout this thread, about people 'playing down' this incident.

Shows her true misandrist colours is spectacular fashion, no one gives a ****.
    This sums up the hypcritical society in which we live

Kimsang wrote: »
    I found an interest in this thread because people that claim to give a sh it about womens and lgbt rights don't give a damn when men's rights

"Why do some men get upset, angry and offended at gay people existing, "

But she said some.. so I guess that's ok.
    that's the ultimate hypocrisy here

Because it was men who attacked them perhaps I thought she was in a clear state to right a statement like you wanted. Your getting very upset over nothing you have no evidence they doesn't believe in Means rights

• Advertisement

Not too bad. Did you add the rainbow flag or solidarity banner to your Facebook profile picture ?

No I didn't why should I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Nope I fully believe homophobia of all kinds need to be addressed from everyone I am just not going to pick out Islam so you can have your jollies. Also as another poster has shown who is on a trip like you an awful lot of Muslims 48% (i think is was are supporting gay rights).

It is very difficult to debate with someone who continually misrepresents statistics like this. The Stats are that 52% of muslims in the UK think homosexuality should be illegal. This does not mean that 48% support gay rights. In fact in a 2009 poll of 500 UK muslims, none, not one of the 500 polled agreed that homosexuality was morally acceptable. If we move outside the UK the stats are even more homophobic and support for gay rights is in the low single digits.

No I didn't why should I.

Yeah you probably should

Anteayer wrote: »
    What's shocked me is that on a thread in 2019 there were still people trying to defend the indefensible and there were some unbelievably homophobic posts that were deleted by mods.

You get stuff like that and far worse on any forum, as the homophobes seem to be attracted to threads like this like moths to a flame.

You'd really wonder what the hell is wrong with the world sometimes. Seems to be a small % who just get off on bigotry.
    It's disheartening and just genuinely depressing to read.

Who here is defending the actions of the scumbags? Please quote the post.

Jesus ****ing christ what happened to NUANCE???!?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Rubbish. Complete lies.

Homosexuality is normal and equality is expected. How would it go for a gay couple walking holding hands in a Muslim country?

Pretend different if you like but you are only fooling yourself

Men commonly hold hands in many muslim countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Yeah you probably should

So we've established that people from a Muslim background have less tolerant views on gay people.

We've established that you can't police thoughts.

We've established that we've laws against intolerant behaviour.

Now what? Are you done?

So we've established that people from a Muslim background have less tolerant views on gay people.

Now what? Are you done?

Who are you?

Odhinn wrote: »
    Men commonly hold hands in many muslim countries.

No evidence who did it. Police have not released details.
    Most are underage. We might never know

No evidence who did it. Police have not released details.
    Most are underage. We might never know

Why are you on about muslims then?

Dante7 wrote: »
    It is very difficult to debate with someone who continually misrepresents statistics like this. The Stats are that 52% of muslims in the UK think homosexuality should be illegal. This does not mean that 48% support gay rights. In fact in a 2009 poll of 500 UK muslims, none, not one of the 500 polled agreed that homosexuality was morally acceptable. If we move outside the UK the stats are even more homophobic and support for gay rights is in the low single digits.

The poll that I was referring to me said 52% Muslins said it should be banned which to me means the other 48% must have picked the other option. Now no opion option may have been there but I did not see it so inferred the 48% did not think it should be banned.

But as your poll you have picked (have a link) disagrees with the other so anyone can make a poll to show there point.

I was not trying to be disingenuous and muddy the water but if that what is did I apologies to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Who are you?

Have I backed you into a corner?

We've established that people from a Muslim background have less tolerant views on gay people.

Now what?

Pissartist wrote: »
    I didn't realise it was ok to call people names here you disagree with, not much of a discussion. I wonder what it says in the charter.

Its fine if you subscribe to one certain ideology. Its the type of ideology that leads to Gulags.

We've established that people from a Muslim background have less tolerant views on gay people.

Now what?

You have established nothing.
    Now nothing. The status quo remains

Why not. The views of Islam are no secret. I'm not making things up.

What is the big deal?
    Did you not know these things?

Now what?

Don't even bother as soon as he agreed with me in a early post he went on another tangent. Realized you will get no where with then so I am at least moving on

Because it was men who attacked them perhaps I thought she was in a clear state to right a statement like you wanted. Your getting very upset over nothing you have no evidence they doesn't believe in Means rights

Argument from ignorance. Because I can't supply evidence of something NOT being true, doesn't make it true.

These same people that espouse human rights and would be the first to challenge a statement such as
    "Why are some gay women nagging, pretentious, tiresome and just no fun to be around"

that would be called homophobic and misogynist. Go on I dare you to not call it as such.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Good post.
    Maybe the LGBT community dont understand statistics or what statistics like this mean for whats potentially coming down the line for them .

Most battles often require making alliances with those who you idealogically oppose. Just look at the classic Churchill and Stalin alliance to fight H*tler.

I find it interesting that the LGBT community would rather align itself with minority oppressive religious communities in Ireland who oppose their sexual preferences, than align themselves with white males .

Im happy for the LGBT community to be getting long overdue freedoms and rights etc. but it will be short lived if they dont figure out that the enemy of their enemy is their friend.

Still no thread about the Birmingham school protests against the teaching of same-sex relationships. I guess there are some nettles the LGBT community arent yet ready to grasp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Because the suspicion is if they were white the police would have released a description. The UK police have form in brushing Muslim crime under the carpet lest they be seen as racist.

Here is a report of a homophobic attack earlier in the year. Spot the difference here?

https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/four-men-homophobic-attack-london/

‘The suspects are all described as white, aged in their mid-20s and wearing hooded tops. They left in the direction of the OXO Tower,’ said a police statement. An image of three of the suspects has been released. Authorities are treating the incident as a hate crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Because the suspicion is if they were white the police would have released a description. The UK police have form in brushing Muslim crime under the carpet lest they be seen as racist.

Here is a report of a homophobic attack earlier in the year. Spot the difference here?

https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/four-men-homophobic-attack-london/

‘The suspects are all described as white, aged in their mid-20s and wearing hooded tops. They left in the direction of the OXO Tower,’ said a police statement. An image of three of the suspects has been released. Authorities are treating the incident as a hate crime.

Was under impression the reason description wasnt realeased was because they are minors

• Advertisement

Why not. The views of Islam are no secret. I'm not making things up.

What is the big deal?
    Did you not know these things?

Because it has SFA to do with the incident, going on current information.

Advertisement