Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee 2019 - Stage 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Constructus

Hi, done Stage 2 today and felt like it was very difficult as compared to Stage 1. I reckon I messed up on the report too missed the second part of the first persons address and compared to other people there today didn’t seem to write as much only like a page and a half. Maybe should have done the course �� anyway nothing more can be done now I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 xXxshoshxXx

Shaunie86 wrote: »
    Is the report writing exercise on the day as hard as Garda IP samples. Finding them very fast and hard to get all important information down.

Ahh exactly my thoughts :(
    I just can’t seem to get all the info down.
    I have the GardaIP too. Dreading report writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

Focus on Names, Addresses and Phone numbers.
    Write short hand for yourself in the rough work.
    Don’t add in anything your not 100% sure on, if they mentioned something like ‘water’, ‘threw in’.. don’t assume they were on a bridge.. a lot of people add in their own little bits like that,

That’s about all you can do really.
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Shaunie86

Report writing is not as bad at the time just make sure you get names addresses and phone numbers and odd other note and you will be good. The logical reasoning and job sim was my iffy areas on the day and felt comfortable with them prior to assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Monkeysgomad

MrMiata wrote: »
    Nothing more can be done, best of luck.
    Did they give any indication of when we'll be getting results, I was talking to a few people after my assessment and I heard everything from a week to a little over a month.

I was there the day before you ajd they told us early to mid November!

• Advertisement

Get as much as you can but it does come very fast at you. I used career services and found them good but on the day still found it hard to get the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

I was there the day before you ajd they told us early to mid November!

I did Stage 2 on 28/06/2019 and got results then on 30/07/2019 so its generally about a month of waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Results are out for those who recently sat stage 2 the start of Oct. I failed the written report. So I didn’t get onto stage 3. Best of luck to those going forward

Absolutely heartbroken today. Got 37 on Job Simulation and passed the other 3.. It was probably my last chance at 33... 51 on report writing and was least confident about that!! Good luck to all who got through.

Got my results for Stage 2 today, delighted I passed! OOM is 1200s though so I'm guessing it'll be a while before I'm called up.
    Delighted all the same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 legaleagle2010

I passed the stage OOM 1036, what happens now?

62 in report writing even though i thought it went badly

Is everyone that passed called for interview at some stage?

Congrat's to everyone who passed! :)
    I passed the stage OOM 1036, what happens now?

62 in report writing even though i thought it went badly

Is everyone that passed called for interview at some stage?

Also, everyone who passed Stage 2 will get an interview so start your preparation now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

got 38 in report writing and 42 in job sim, oom is 1350, i jumped from 2500 in oom , presume alot failed or dropped out as thats a massive jump, presume the interviews will run start of december, as higher up the oom had their interviews roughly 5 weeks after stage 2 results, hard luck to all that didnt succeed

Any idea what qualifying score was in Job Simulation. I got 37 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

i think 40, hard luck , you surely have one more go in ya? your only young after all,

Hopefully there is another recruitment drive in 2020. Thanks

Past and got placed 1200ish, when would I be called for an interview with that placing does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Past and got placed 1200ish, when would I be called for an interview with that placing does anyone know?

Well done to all 🙂 passed with an oom 1146. Just reading through all comments. I think for the meantime to gather as much info as you can and prepare for an interview at this stage while you wait to be called. Seen they’re taken in people with oom of 700’s In November

Triplek wrote: »
    Well done to all 🙂 passed with an oom 1146. Just reading through all comments. I think for the meantime to gather as much info as you can and prepare for an interview at this stage while you wait to be called. Seen they’re taken in people with oom of 700’s In November

Thanks. Do you know anything about interview prep courses? None seem to be running

Triplek wrote: »
    Well done to all �� passed with an oom 1146. Just reading through all comments. I think for the meantime to gather as much info as you can and prepare for an interview at this stage while you wait to be called. Seen they’re taken in people with oom of 700’s In November

What's the OOM in? Stage 3?
    I'm in the 1200s, I'd imagine we'll be into late 2020s before we get through the gates of templemore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 caoimhe1234

Just got results yesterday ! Passed and placed :) I messed up my Cv when applying though would i be able to bring an updated version of it with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Prep courses for interview stage, I was told to go see a retired sergeant who would know the process very well. One to one session. There are a few around the country if you look online to whom ever would be closer to you. As for stage wise where they are on oom I’m not to sure looking through other threads I can see someone mentioned that oom of 700 will start early/ mid November .

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

Interview prep course available in Limerick near UL. PM for details.

For Interview Prep courses, i would highly recommend Garda IP...Fantastic 1 on 1 service and helped me in progressing to the next stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Just got results yesterday ! Passed and placed :) I messed up my Cv when applying though would i be able to bring an updated version of it with me?

Yes I'd send it in Advance though as the interview panel have a copy of it each and go through it in detail.

Should we have gotten a familiarity pack for the stage 3 interviews yet?
    I'm trying to book a course but I haven't got the stage 3 familiarity pack yet

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kaymoe31

MrMiata wrote: »
    Should we have gotten a familiarity pack for the stage 3 interviews yet?
    I'm trying to book a course but I haven't got the stage 3 familiarity pack yet

Did you get a date for interview yet??

Kaymoe31 wrote: »
    Did you get a date for interview yet??

God no! I just thought we'd get a familiarity pack soon after getting word of passing.
    My OOM is low 1000s so I'll be waiting awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

Wont get your familarisation pack until about 2 weeks before your interview

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Crafty_Veteran

Has anyone who received S2 results in October received an interview date yet?

Advertisement