Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Another cloudy day in cork city and West cork , rain incoming in a while aswell. Oh well.

Yes I can see them on the Met radar alright - hopefully they stay far far away...

It's a nice amd warm when the sun shines this morning (can't measure temp accurately). I can see a few nice CBs bubbling up in the S / SW from me (Near Riverstick Co Cork)... Wonder if it's a bit lumpy for flights off south this morning?

486645.jpg

486644.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭acequion

Another grey day in Tralee. Might brighten up but I said the same yesterday and it didn't.

No, fellow residents of the wild atlantic way, there's no point in us getting offended by these cocky east coasters and their sunshine.:rolleyes: Our scenery is waaaay ahead of theirs and maybe our quality of life, but there's no denying that they get waaaay better weather.:(

Had beautiful early morning swim in full sunshine on Mornington/Bettystown beach Co Meath at 9.30am. . Nobody on beach except some dog walkers and racehorses on morning exercise. Need to make the most of these days.

Yesterday I was hiking in the Mournes and it was low cloud and lots of drizzle, but beautiful in a different way and I got some great photos. On Saturday it was really humid and heavy so I took the bike out for 20KM to get a breeze . The trick is finding something to do no matter what the weather . We’re lucky to have our health and eyesight to enjoy all nature brings our way, soon there will be a lot more darkness !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

In my opinion Donegal is the most beautiful county in Ireland. Such a stunning place and the beaches there are second to none. The weather however is so unpredictable. They do get good snow in winter though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Incidentally what is the wettest county in Ireland, presumably one of Kerry, donegal or Galway but I wouldn’t be surprised if mayo and cork are right up there too.

Does anyone know which county is wettest on average?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭compsys

acequion wrote: »
    Another grey day in Tralee. Might brighten up but I said the same yesterday and it didn't.

No, fellow residents of the wild atlantic way, there's no point in us getting offended by these cocky east coasters and their sunshine.:rolleyes: Our scenery is waaaay ahead of theirs and maybe our quality of life, but there's no denying that they get waaaay better weather.:(

I actually think the west of Ireland looks at its most beautiful and magical on wild, wet days.

Went to the Cliffs of Moher a few years ago on a typically Irish summer’s day. Between the rainbows, the wind spouts, and the ever changing colour of the cliffs as the sun came in and out it looked sublime.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Carol25 wrote: »
    Mulranny beach, Co. Mayo yesterday. The tide was nearly in and water quite pleasant to paddle in. It was so calm. It was sheltered from the NW winds on this beach. Some showers later on our return inland later but nothing much. Now all we need is the sun to make an appearance for a few days of fine weather and I’d be happy ☀️.

We have had one day properly sunny day out of the last 8 days so I hope you can bring some sunshine with you.

Overcast and humid in Castlebar, the sun is trying to poke through the clouds though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

House is right across from the sea in West cork. Can currently see dark clouds coming in from the south east

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

House is right across from the sea in West cork. Can currently see dark clouds coming in from the south east

Still Beautiful up here in Arklow
    However looking south in the attached photo, you can see the advancing front
    Probably fully cloudy here by late afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭pauldry

Lashed rain in Ballymote all morning but this is the Northwest. Am I looking at the wrong days weather forecast?

Incidentally what is the wettest county in Ireland, presumably one of Kerry, donegal or Galway but I wouldn’t be surprised if mayo and cork are right up there too.

It's Kerry. Don't have the stats and am open to correction but am 99% sure.:(

Kerry and then followed by Mayo, Valentia usually has the highest rainfall each year of the official stations and then followed closely behind by Newport.

Both have recorded over 1500mm of rain for the last 3 years running and are out on there own in that regard.

Some interesting cloud movements here now atm on the west cork coast. Some clouds are moving south and others are moving north (ones coming off the sea).

And the rain has started here in West cork

Clouds arrived in Arklow, Sun still milkily burning through
    Cloud is honeycomb almost mammotus like overhead
    Might be interesting when things get going

0fab0f81ef87b70e203058a1e241aba3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Any mountainy area out west. Although the Wicklow mountains take a lot of rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Just had a whopper of a downpour here. Was not excepting it and seemed to come out of nowhere.

New Moon

Google's own wallpapers are beautiful sometimes. This particular one shows the earth, along with the day / night cycles and weather systems (you can see the low under Ireland atm) along with lightning flashes in real time. Love it. This one is called "Marvellous Marble"

XO5KW0L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Google's own wallpapers are beautiful sometimes. This particular one shows the earth, along with the day / night cycles and weather systems (you can see the low under Ireland atm) along with lightning flashes in real time. Love it. This one is called "Marvellous Marble"

--nice image--

how do you get that?

• Advertisement

I have my thunder headache

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

It feels surprisingly cool in Dublin this evening, dare I say fresher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Dark and grey in Donegal with zero sunshine once again, rain and drizzle all morning but dried up in the afternoon at least

Edit: Raining again :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

not sure today reached 20C in Dunshaughlin, but it definitely got to 19C. today would be the first day in 10 days not to at least reach 20C. Looks low 20s from Wednesday to next Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I have my thunder headache

Everyone in my house complaining of the same.
    Humidity seems to have shot up.
    Kildare

lawred2 wrote: »
    how do you get that?

I presume its live wallpaper, it's an option on my phone?

Cloudy here in Arklow
    No rain yet
    Currently 17.6c
    High was 19.6c

Wavy disturbed clouds out there now,plus some mammatus in the bottom left of the attached pic

Raining in Arklow now
    Some very dark cloud out at sea

• Advertisement

Oh ffs it's freezing here in Tralee. :( Accu weather saying 16C and real feel 13C and I'd say that's spot on.

I can take rain, cloud, wind,storms and while I mightn't like them, the one thing I can't take is being cold in summer. :( The heating is going on tonight!

Anything less than 20C just isn't summer!

Advertisement