Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

South Wexico looking the place to be today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

pad199207 wrote: »

No thanks,I'll stay where I am,lovely;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

nice enough now in Meath, some spells of hazy sunshine, temperature 21C, making today one of the warmest days of year here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Gonzo wrote: »
    nice enough now in Meath, some spells of hazy sunshine, temperature 21C, making today one of the warmest days of year here.

It's all about Meath with you isn't it? :p

"If it's not happening in Meath, it's not happening!" :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

It's all about Meath with you isn't it? :p

"If it's not happening in Meath, it's not happening!" :pac:

I feel it's best to give some sort of location rather than 'here'. I miss the days of having our basic locations on our profiles but GDPR but an end to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Mostly cloudy with the odd bit of sunshine here in Dublin 11 with next to no wind. It's currently 21.6C. The high was 22.1C a couple of hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

pad199207 wrote: »

It's warm and sticky here. Lovely to relax in,tough to work in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

A66808-F9-E8-D8-4-AA4-A769-A204040863-A7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

24C here on both my therms for the last couple of hours inland north Dublin, so muggy humid weather despite the cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

delicious sound of fast moving air outside and sun....pity I am abed with migraine and about to close down and crash...ah well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭highdef

Gonzo wrote: »
    I feel it's best to give some sort of location rather than 'here'. I miss the days of having our basic locations on our profiles but GDPR put an end to that.

Sorry to go off-topic but why is there no option to display your location like you could before? Regardless of the GDPR rules, why can't I display my location on a public forum should I want to????

In fact, a lot of the time it's not even exactly where I am, just a general area without pin pointing exactly where I live plus it's not a dynamic location - it's merely a location that I choose as being the one where I reside most.

Displaying the location you wish to show publicly should be something that you can opt-in to.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mammychicken

Hope the migraine doesn't linger Graces7, absolutely love your weather reports, wonderful food for my imagination. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Smashing evening yet again

• Registered Users Posts: 19,397 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Have to say this has been a lovely summer so far once it got going here in Kilkenny at least. Been fairly dry, decent heat and sunshine a lot of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

I am enjoying this settled period (Saturday excluded). Excellent in Celbridge today.
    Can anyone give a one line summary for the next 7 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Rainy tomorrow, calm and nice after that.

7 day (and word!) one line summary there.

The weather's been fairly good lately, very little precip or wind, and some very lovely warm and sunny evenings. Today was the first sunny morning all summer, every other day has started off cloudy. I'll remember this summer as a better than normal if this trend continues, even despite the massive letdown (bar one day) of a heatwave.

Currently a lovely 22c in Arklow and sunny

I get the feeling this July may finish up warm, often cloudy and muggy, especially in the east and south with some very nice warm or very warm sunny days in between.

The short to medium term models are showing above average temperatures particularly for Ireland over the next 2 to 3 weeks by about 1 to 3 degrees. Rainfall looks low too, but wetter the more west and north you go.

No signals yet of any proper heatwaves, but temperatures of high teens to mid 20's could make up the majority of July. The upper air temperatures also appear to rise as July progresses with +10 to +14 uppers flirting Ireland at various stages through the mid point of the month and slightly beyond.

I can see places like east coastal Wicklow, Wexford and Cork doing very well this month. A week ago the charts were looking very poor for the middle of July, but this seems to have changed alot over the past 4 or 5 days.

For now July is certainly shaping up to be much better than the cool or cold conditions we had for much of May and June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Nice warm day in Dublin, think it hit about 23 degrees today around the city centre. After a poor run of weather up to mid June, the past few weeks in Dublin have been nice and warm. Very dry if a bit cloudy overall but nice and warm. Week ahead looking like 20-23 degrees so can’t complain with that.

Summer appears to have arrived the past few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

highdef wrote: »
    Sorry to go off-topic but why is there no option to display your location like you could before? Regardless of the GDPR rules, why can't I display my location on a public forum should I want to????

In fact, a lot of the time it's not even exactly where I am, just a general area without pin pointing exactly where I live plus it's not a dynamic location - it's merely a location that I choose as being the one where I reside most.

Displaying the location you wish to show publicly should be something that you can opt-in to.

We like to get one's location for reporting the weather. We don’t need your exact address or location. Just County or nearest town will do.

Just on topic it is turning out to be a nice summer so far despite a slow start in June in my Location near Limerick City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's still mostly cloudy with the odd sunny blast here in Glasnevin. Still, it just reached the day's high of 23.1C.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭squarecircles

anyone for another heatwave,

ukmaxtemp.png

mmmmm plumey

h850t850eu.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭esposito

Nice warm day in Dublin, think it hit about 23 degrees today around the city centre. After a poor run of weather up to mid June, the past few weeks in Dublin have been nice and warm. Very dry if a bit cloudy overall but nice and warm. Week ahead looking like 20-23 degrees so can’t complain with that.

Summer appears to have arrived the past few weeks

Indeed proper summer is finally here in Ireland (except for the northwest).

Cannot complain with temperatures in the 20-25 C range for the coming week at least. Tomorrow the only blip.

All we need now is some intense thunderstorms pushing up from the bay of biscay. Maybe it will happen towards the end of the month or into August. Once the warm temps stay around I’ll be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 24,298 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Very close this evening. 23 degrees according to the car thermometer which is never too far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Awful day in Letterkenny once again, raining nonstop since yesterday morning, pouring down at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got up to 21.8C in Castlebar, a lovely day.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Very close this evening. 23 degrees according to the car thermometer which is never too far off.

Wouldn't be great in sumner tbh,picks up radiated heat from the tarmac in town traffic
    Definitely picks up radiated heat when parked anywhere
    It's better on the open roads when theres more air flow

Currently 22.5c in Arklow, warmest day of the year here
    I see villains follow Davis peaked at 26.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭pauldry

I live in the Northwest and bar yesterday evening theres been only 3mm of rain in July here on all the other 7 days of July

Today got up to 22c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Very warm this morning with full sun and no wind, this afternoon the breeze picked up and much more pleasant. That said everything is pointing to a still, muggy night.

The outlook is surprisingly strong for settled warm weather - not often a crappy start to summer yields to warm and sunny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,298 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Wouldn't be great in sumner tbh,picks up radiated heat from the tarmac in town traffic
    Definitely picks up radiated heat when parked anywhere
    It's better on the open roads when theres more air flow

Currently 22.5c in Arklow, warmest day of the year here
    I see villains follow Davis peaked at 26.1c

Well I was driving

Advertisement