Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Increasingly cloudy in Arklow, still bits of sun
    The front in the Irish sea is approaching

Northeast wind gusting above 40kmh making the 13.5c feel more like -13.5 if you don't have a fleece on

• Registered Users Posts: 48,176 ✭✭✭✭km79

Bright but it feels very cool in East Galway

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

bright and dry in Meath, looks like we may escape with a dry day today. All downhill from tomorrow with plenty of wet weather to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,540 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yesterday evening really was beautiful in Dublin (pic at Burrow Beach).

Mostly cloudy here this morning with some patches of blue sky.

g7ud50Y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭chases0102

Is it at all possible yet to get some sort of a reading for Friday, June 21st?!? Getting married just outside of Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,930 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Cold and blustery cycle in to work in Dublin. It’s weird seeing people cycling in winter jackets at this time of year!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,305 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

sryanbruen wrote: »

g7ud50Y.jpg

one of the few locations in Dublin with a sunset over the sea

lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A cool and wet morning in Castlebar with some sunny intervals.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

unfortunately ECM starting to back off from settled conditions over Ireland from the 20th, high pressure looks brief just grazing the south-east of UK, keeping the Atlantic in charge for us, but it's still looking slightly milder.

ECMOPEU00_240_1.png

GFS keeps the lows near or over us right up to the end of the month.

GFSOPEU06_384_1.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

g7ud50Y.jpg

This confused me. Sunsets to the west, how does Dublin have a west facing beach?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭secman

This confused me. Sunsets to the west, how does Dublin have a west facing beach?

Not sure where that is, but you can get a sunset out in Howth, out at lighthouse looking left, have done so in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,540 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Here's a Google Earth view of the area, since I couldn't find a good birds eye photo, with where I was at marked with an 'x'.

Sutton/Howth are very popular spots for sunset here.

whcJVaN.png

Great drying so cutting the lawn is handy
    But
    Have to wear a jacket
    Cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Its turned out a gorgeous day in Arklow
    Breezy yes but 16c and mostly sunny
    You can see the weather front on the horizon over the Irish sea but thanks be to feck thats where its staye

• Registered Users Posts: 24,305 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

yeah it's been sunny all day in DCC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Here's a Google Earth view of the area, since I couldn't find a good birds eye photo, with where I was at marked with an 'x'.

Sutton/Howth are very popular spots for sunset here.

whcJVaN.png

People also need to remember that at our latitude the Sun sets in the North West not due West at the Summer Solstice.

The sun has made an appearance!!!!
    Very pleasant now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Was a nice day today even warm when the sun came out,as I work two jobs I try to bring my kids to the playground today was my daughter's turn ,we were there about 5 minutes and she wanted to go home as it was too cold
    Have to agree with her there is a fair nip in the. Breeze.

today has been the first completely dry day here for a couple of weeks, great to finally get a little break from rain. Most of the neighbours have been cutting their lawns in time before tomorrows rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭highdef

Calibos wrote: »
    People also need to remember that at our latitude the Sun sets in the North West not due West at the Summer Solstice.
    Indeed, something that a lot of people don't even notice, bizarrely. Contrastingly, the sun sets in the South West around the winter solstice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭compsys

highdef wrote: »
    Indeed, something that a lot of people don't even notice, bizarrely. Contrastingly, the sun sets in the South West around the winter solstice.

God I never knew this!

A lot of people also don't realise that the longest evening isn't 21st June but a few days after by a minute or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭endainoz

Got the silage done anyway, it can rain as much as it wants now. But not so much at the RDS on Thursday!

km79 wrote: »
    The sun has made an appearance!!!!
    Very pleasant now

Nearly dark now

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭eon1208

endainoz wrote: »
    Got the silage done anyway, it can rain as much as it wants now. But not so much at the RDS on Thursday!
    Enough rain. I want to make quality hay. Old Gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Very sunny pleasant day here with a max 17c. Late afternoon clouded over - now spitting light rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Grey and windy in Letterkenny, feeling almost cold in the wind. A lot of people still in their winter jackets, at least it's dry...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Have to say that this June is shaping up to be the worst in many years. So much rain, so cool. It's normally the best month of the year in my opinion.

Going to Portugal in July, can't come quickly enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭endainoz

eon1208 wrote:
    Enough rain. I want to make quality hay. Old Gold.

Have another meadow to do hopefully hay as well. That's July's job though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Another desperately disappointing summers night. The best you can say is that it’s dry but it’s cloudy and cool so disappointing. We haven’t had one decent night here.

• Advertisement

Another desperately disappointing summers night. The best you can say is that it’s dry but it’s cloudy and cool so disappointing. We haven’t had one decent night here.

It really was cool
    I had to put a jumper on a while ago
    In the house !

Advertisement