Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda potentially calling to house

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

mynamejeff wrote: »

happy to help :) and hope your brother gets the help he needs

you sound like a prick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

He is not his friends keeper and in my opinion what has happened doesn't constitute probable cause to be arriving at his door, there is no prospect of him being charged with anything so surely calling down for scones and a chat is wasting their and his time.

Aware my opinion may well not be consistent with the law and ultimately I don't get to decide what goes but I feel it's overreach to land down and tell the parents of a young lad you can't demonstrate has done anything wrong that he was found to be in the company of someone who had. Then again the force isn't exactly known to be averse to overreaching their authority so I should probably tell the brother to put the kettle on and take down all his Maurice McCabe posters.

They could just call to ask questions regarding his friend who they may suspect of dealing drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

knipex wrote: »
    They could just call to ask questions regarding his friend who they may suspect of dealing drugs.

Completely fair

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

Bolded bit doesn't address anything I've said, more incoherent rambling.

I have no issue with the answers I've received and I'm in absolutely majestic form so don't be too concerned about me being upset. You'd be better off concerning yourself with why you spend your evenings on the internet implying young lads you don't know from Adam have drug problems.

But he does have a drug problem, according to you he's anxiously awaiting a knock on his parents door over drugs.

That's a problem

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Bolded bit doesn't address anything I've said, more incoherent rambling.

I have no issue with the answers I've received and I'm in absolutely majestic form so don't be too concerned about me being upset. You'd be better off concerning yourself with why you spend your evenings on the internet implying young lads you don't know from Adam have drug problems.

when did i imply that ?

you failed to understand what i said and i clarified for you , another poster even commented that you were misunderstanding and still you strive to take offence on your brothers behalf.

your not coming across very well or mature or genuine at this point.

and around we go again , im surprised the mods arent shutting you down tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Get Real

Hoboo wrote: »
    They might call, they might not, but I'd be surprised if they don't.

Be surprised then. They won't call. Please update this thread within whatever timeframe you think is reasonable.

A 19 year old lad (adult in law) was searched in accordance with the drugs act. Nothing was found.

No reason at all to call to his gaf. Nor could they talk about it with his parents (he's over 18). They're not going to call to the house.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    when did i imply that ?

you failed to understand what i said and i clarified for you , another poster even commented that you were misunderstanding and still you strive to take offence on your brothers behalf.

your not coming across very well or mature or genuine at this point.

and around we go again , im surprised the mods arent shutting you down tbh

Your second attempt at backdoor moderation. Maybe you've the issues with authority, whenever you don't have it.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Moderator: mynameisjeff, do not post in this thread again.

Get Real wrote: »
    Be surprised then. They won't call. Please update this thread within whatever timeframe you think is reasonable.

A 19 year old lad (adult in law) was searched in accordance with the drugs act. Nothing was found.

No reason at all to call to his gaf. Nor could they talk about it with his parents (he's over 18). They're not going to call to the house.

I'll post on Friday evening whether they showed, I will likely know the story with the other two lads as well. Poor divil with the empty bags parents have a tough week ahead, they've to find out he takes drugs and that he's braindead all in the one conversation. If you're gonna raise a criminal you'd at least hope he was a bit of a mastermind about it, getting stung on the way home with a bag of stuff he's already taken is bleak.

But he does have a drug problem, according to you he's anxiously awaiting a knock on his parents door over drugs.

That's a problem

Shakespearean level wordplay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

So sorry-messed up with the quote.
    Dwarf shortage,I meant that there was no problem with your attitude but it may have come across as though I was defending someone else.

zoe 3619 wrote: »
    So sorry-messed up with the quote.
    Dwarf shortage,I meant that there was no problem with your attitude but it may have come across as though I was defending someone else.

No worries at all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Your brother is 100% on the pulse system now by virtue of being with the lads who were nicked. Any time his name is entered into the pulse system in the future, this will flag up.

He needs to keep his nose clean for the next few years if this is to not be interfering with his life. He is only a young man with everything ahead of him. Tell him not to fcuk it up by being around these people, even if they are his mates. His mates will be able to do fcuk all if he's refused a visa to travel or misses out on a good job.

I'm not being sensationalist by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,236 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Jesus Christ. If they call to the door can't he just tell the oul' pair he was witness to a harmless row or something at the festival and they were following up. He might be passing his exams in college but I take it that he's not taking any classes in "cop on".

A white lie is not much compared to getting involved in the oul' white stuff anyway.

I'll post on Friday evening whether they showed, I will likely know the story with the other two lads as well. Poor divil with the empty bags parents have a tough week ahead, they've to find out he takes drugs and that he's braindead all in the one conversation. If you're gonna raise a criminal you'd at least hope he was a bit of a mastermind about it, getting stung on the way home with a bag of stuff he's already taken is bleak.

Well on the positive side, at least he's not a litterbug! :pac: Fair play to him for taking the bag home to dispose of it properly rather than throwing it in a hedge or on the ground.

Must be yet another sign of the Green wave we're hearing about in these elections!

Well on the positive side, at least he's not a litterbug! :pac: Fair play to him for taking the bag home to dispose of it properly rather than throwing it in a hedge or on the ground.

Must be yet another sign of the Green wave we're hearing about in these elections!

Ever since the plastic bag levy came in lads are very reluctant to waste a functioning baggie, you don’t know where the next 30 cent for a plastic bag is gonna come from.

Ever since the plastic bag levy came in lads are very reluctant to waste a functioning baggie, you don’t know where the next 30 cent for a plastic bag is gonna come from.

Yeah, I hear that a lot of dealers complain about the hassle of having to collect and submit all those 30c they have to collect. An awful lot of paperwork

It was the main reason the Kinahans left and went abroad apparently.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Thread closed as the level of posting is substandard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement