Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are some parts of Ireland just a bit odd?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Oh I love Tipp people one in particular. I'm even marrying him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

and from reading Ross O'Carroll-Kelly.

You've missed the boat on that theory by over a decade

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Generally because liberal people tend to need a much more varied range of stimuli and wind up having to branch out and head to cities in order to satisfy them; whereas convservative people have everything then need at home, so stay put.

Are we talking sex dungeons and dominatrix stuff?
    "It’s just that the farm takes up most of the day, and at night, I like to have a cup of tea. I mightn’t be able to devote myself full-time to the old liberalism."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I always thought Donegal said no to referendums mainly because Sinn Fein had a big presences there and they told them to vote NO.
    They may also be a tad more conservative because they are a lot of rural areas.

Donegal voted No in the referendums because the Government wanted a Yes vote and no other reason. We have been ignored and neglected by repeated governments for decades and so why should we give the government anything in return. Its as simple as that. Had the government plugged a no vote, we would have voted yes. Its amazing that the idiots in government haven't realised this yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I always thought Donegal said no to referendums mainly because Sinn Fein had a big presences there and they told them to vote NO.
    They may also be a tad more conservative because they are a lot of rural areas.
    There's a significant protestant population in Donegal, so they don't all spend their days mixing up Richardson's fertilizer and nitrates and tinkering around with alarm clocks.. but yeah, the whole county does have a weird vibe about it. With that being said, the people are friendly. If you really want the true 'Deliverance' experience, take the time to visit Rathnew in Wicklow. It's basically 'owned' by one man and his sons. This man, despite his old age is probably one the biggest, shrewdest and ruthless gangster that ever walked the land. One of his sons is a chip off the old block and is making serious waves in the south east, from bray as far as Waterford. A burgeoning market with commuters to Dublin setting up home everywhere. In rathnew they don't like gringos passing through. Think Crossmaglen, but with unfriendly denizens and located in the south.

• Advertisement
Advertisement