Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,473 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

unkel wrote: »
    No AP?
    Surely a 2016 car has AP?
    AP1 yes but AP nonetheless

Obviously no AP means no purchase

EDIT: If you look in photo "2" you can see the box at the front of the nosecone for AP1

• Registered Users Posts: 64,890 ✭✭✭✭unkel

He doesn't mention AP in the ad, which seems strange.

I think you've already explained it to me before, but if the box is there, it means AP1 hardware is installed and AP is working by default and you don't have to pay Tesla to switch it on?

I wouldn't be too keen myself on buying a Model S without AP. It's a Tesla, you've got to have AP :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Yeah I roughly know about the different versions, but what I'm interested in is what early-ish (2014-2016) Model S sold in the UK (before AP2) had or had not AP1 enabled. I know you can recognise if it has the hardware. But is it always enabled when the hardware is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Yeah I roughly know about the different versions, but what I'm interested in is what early-ish (2014-2016) Model S sold in the UK (before AP2) had or had not AP1 enabled. I know you can recognise if it has the hardware. But is it always enabled when the hardware is there?

Answer is no for private sale cars. But the hardware is always there and therefore Tesla can conveniently enable the AP on the CPO cars before selling them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

ELM327 wrote: »
    I've waited 4 years :D think that's enough.
    I'm going to give this chap a call later in the week too
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2016-161-tesla-model-s-70d/22931199

looks to be a CPO car. Anyone know this guy, is he a boardsie or on the Tesla Owners group on facebook (they only let actual owners in so I can't check myself!)

Just be aware that the 4 year warranty is only valid for 80,000 KM so that part is almost expired, it's at about 76,000 km now.
    Does look nice but I'd wonder how often it's charged to 100% as it is in the image, not the best way to maintain the battery.
    I'd also query the 1 previous owner statement as it's already registered in Ireland and a UK import :rolleyes:

samih wrote: »
    Answer is no for private sale cars. But the hardware is always there and therefore Tesla can conveniently enable the AP on the CPO cars before selling them.

So it is quite likely that AP is not active on the car ELM327 pointed out? Seeing as the seller doesn't advertise it as having AP?

So you would have to hand Tesla €5k or something to enable it?

So it is quite likely that AP is not active on the car ELM327 pointed out? Seeing as the seller doesn't advertise it as having AP?

I think it's close to 2k but yes it's potentially something to pay for.
    Dont worry, if I am haggling with him we'll start from the asking price less 3k for the AP activation ;)

I have just seen this:
    https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/used/5YJSB7E23GF138004
    Facelift model (does that mean AP2?) S90D. Seems cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Dont worry, if I am haggling with him we'll start from the asking price less 3k for the AP activation ;)

I have just seen this:
    gone already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

still no update on my one, customer service is ****ing ****e. they don't want my money..

• Advertisement

shanec1928 wrote: »
    gone already

It's a UK one, still shows there
    492083.JPG

copeyhagen wrote: »
    still no update on my one, customer service is ****ing ****e. they don't want my money..

Wasn't it yourself that ordered from the UK site?
    I'm thinking of doing the same, as you can see from my posts, seems there are massive savings to be had vs cars sold here. Of course I want to close the deal before end of month. (brexit)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

I have just seen this:

I'd say the price is linked to the high mileage... maybe

Yes I see that and the pathetic CPO warranty of ~10k km , but sure if I werent buying from Tesla direct there would not be any anyway.

Will be giving some serious thought tonight about taking the credit card out of cold storage for the deposit tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

It's a really tempting car for the price ELM327. Just add another 100k on it over next 3 years and still have two more years of unlimited mileage battery/motor warranty left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Yes I see that and the pathetic CPO warranty of ~10k km , but sure if I werent buying from Tesla direct there would not be any anyway.

Will be giving some serious thought tonight about taking the credit card out of cold storage for the deposit tomorrow!

Keep us updated :)

That's more like it. 2 year Tesla warranty with it. If you do 3k miles per year. In ELM327's case the warranty would run out in 3 weeks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭KCross

AP1 or AP2 dont sound like they'd be worth €2k.
    Apart from auto park and summon (which I'd put in the gimmick box) all AP seems to do is primarily smart cruise and lane follow assist which is standard in lots of cheaper cars now?

Is there more to it than that that would justify paying thousands for it to be enabled?

KCross wrote: »
    AP1 or AP2 dont sound like they'd be worth €2k.
    Apart from auto park and summon (which I'd put in the gimmick box) all AP seems to do is primarily smart cruise and lane follow assist which is standard in lots of cheaper cars now?

Is there more to it than that that would justify paying thousands for it to be enabled?

Autopilot is great for staying in the lane. Like cruise control, once you've tried it there is no going back. It's definitely worth a few thousand euro.

Sabre Man wrote: »
    Autopilot is great for staying in the lane. Like cruise control, once you've tried it there is no going back. It's definitely worth a few thousand euro.

Right, but its just LFA, which is becoming standard now in other BEV's. Its not a USP for Tesla anymore.

e.g. a €38k new Niro has SCC and LFA. A €28k Ioniq from 2017 has it.

Once you have had it, it's very hard to want a car without it.

I have just asked Tesla Ireland how much it is to have it enabled. If they reply, I'll post it back in here :)

• Advertisement

Right, but its just LFA, which is becoming standard now in other BEV's. Its not a USP for Tesla anymore.

The Lane Keeping Assist feature in Ioniq isn't quite as good as Autopilot according to Tesla Bjørn.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

3D printed CCS protection / cover for Tesla Model 3
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3469219

Sabre Man wrote: »
    The Lane Keeping Assist feature in Ioniq isn't quite as good as Autopilot according to Tesla Bjørn.

His car wasn't calibrated optimally. My own car was the same until my front windscreen was replaced and Mr Windscreen, who did a better job than Hyundai and since it has kept much better in the middle of the lane

That said, I have also driven Model S with AP1. Not only does it a better job than Ioniq, but it makes a lot more sense to me to have both systems come on at the same time and leave no choice of the level of assist to the driver

No chance I would buy a Model S without AP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

It's a UK one, still shows there
    492083.JPG

Wasn't it yourself that ordered from the UK site?
    I'm thinking of doing the same, as you can see from my posts, seems there are massive savings to be had vs cars sold here. Of course I want to close the deal before end of month. (brexit)

Yeah I ordered from the uk site, heard nothing since despite multiple emails

No chance I would buy a Model S without AP

I thought you were firmly in the “I won’t pay for extras” camp?! :)

I’ll be interested what price they quote you.

I thought you were firmly in the “I won’t pay for extras” camp?! :)

I paid extra for metallic paint on Ioniq! Once you're on these dangerous path of frivolity, there is no way back :pac:

I had it in my 171 Ioniq. A great system, and probably the best non tesla system out there (once it's set correctly)

However even AP1 is much much better.

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Keep us updated :)
    so, a thing happened :D:D

492139.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

492139.JPG

Awesome, that would be my ideal colour for the Model S, amazing car!! well wear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

492139.JPG

Fantastic stuff :)

Advertisement