Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

copeyhagen wrote: »
    **** just got real...

2015 90d, 40k miles, 21 turbines, black next gen interior, subzero package, high fidelity sound, 4 year warranty on everything, 5 year battery and drivetrain.

i wanted a pano roof but **** it, ill live without..

Very nice.. love the color :cool:
    Hope you used a referral code ;)

You will not be disappointed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,473 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

unkel wrote: »
    Very nice, well wear!

You bought from Tesla Ireland?
    How much on the road if you don't mind me asking? Autopilot 1 I presume?
    Not a 2015 he didn't
    I'm guessing it's from the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Has the Model 3 been handed to customers in Ireland yet? Haven't seen one (in Ireland, drove one in Germany)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Kilboor wrote: »
    Has the Model 3 been handed to customers in Ireland yet? Haven't seen one (in Ireland, drove one in Germany)

not yet....we wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

ELM327 wrote: »
    Not a 2015 he didn't
    I'm guessing it's from the UK?

from the UK yeah. couldn't sleep last night, mixture of excitement and panic over the cost.. lol

yeah, AP1 and 'convenience features'

• Advertisement

from the UK yeah. couldn't sleep last night, mixture of excitement and panic over the cost.. lol
    I can but imagine
    Did you check that they will sell to you? They introduced a disclaimer on CPO cars earlier this year that they don't sell outside the jurisdiction and will not get involved in import/export
    Tesla CPO wrote:
    * Domestic Sale Only

You acknowledge and agree that the Vehicle is sold to you locally in the country of delivery and that you shall not involve us in any export procedures and/or submit any related export documentation on our behalf. We reserve the right to cancel your order should you violate any of these obligations.

o yeah, it will be a domestic sale alright,im planning on icking up in Manchester. what happens after that is my business :P

when I purchased, the pickup location defaulted to Sandyford... gonna say nothing for now ha, 101% that wont be happening though.

a small few have been bought from tesla uk and drove back over last few months. very small few.

Fair!!
    Did you use the Tesla finance process ?

nope, I was lucky to have the cash.

got a few euros this year that I wasn't expecting, so this was the gift to myself. shes getting the whole house redone so she cant give out to me... :P

about the referral code, there was no option on the deposit part, where do I enter that no? the couple of KM supercharging would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

nope, I was lucky to have the cash.

got a few euros this year that I wasn't expecting, so this was the gift to myself. shes getting the whole house redone so she cant give out to me... :P

about the referral code, there was no option on the deposit part, where do I enter that no? the couple of KM supercharging would be nice

No sure if it can be added after.

• Advertisement

zep wrote: »
    No sure if it can be added after.

thanks, I didn't see it on the deposit screen, it just asked for card details?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Referral codes are only for new cars.

Sabre Man wrote: »
    Referral codes are only for new cars.

ah ok, thanks.

pretty sure it wont be coming with free SCing. all the used cars from dealers in the UK are being sold as 'free superchareging for life'.

once you transfer the warranty to new owner, they would take that away, correct?!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,014 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

ah ok, thanks.

pretty sure it wont be coming with free SCing. all the used cars from dealers in the UK are being sold as 'free superchareging for life'.

once you transfer the warranty to new owner, they would take that away, correct?!

This is US-based, but it seems that Tesla have been buying back vehicles to get rid of the free supercharging.

https://electrek.co/2019/07/22/tesla-removes-free-unlimited-supercharging-used-cars/

ah ok, thanks.

No
    If you buy a 2014/15/16 car that came with free SC for life then it is transferable. (The existing owner can see this in the app)

If you buy one from Tesla however, they can remove the free supercharging.

No
    If you buy a 2014/15/16 car that came with free SC for life then it is transferable. (The existing owner can see this in the app)

If you buy one from Tesla however, they can remove the free supercharging.

cheers, I shall beg and see what happens

The UK’s most & least reliable car makes

https://www.whatcar.com/news/the-uks-most-and-least-reliable-car-makes/n20072#8

Tesla is number 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

The UK’s most & least reliable car makes

https://www.whatcar.com/news/the-uks-most-and-least-reliable-car-makes/n20072#8

Tesla is number 4.

I find very interesting that Renault is the 2nd least reliable because of the Kadjar and the Zoe???

Does anyone know where I could pick up a second hand chademo adapter for a 2015 model S?
    Only found this but it seems steep considering the CCS upgrade is there
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-boxed-Chademo-adapter-For-Tesla-Model-S-X/264477678845?hash=item3d94191cfd:g:SiEAAOSwMJNdi5qj&autorefresh=true

• Registered Users Posts: 64,887 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Does anyone know where I could pick up a second hand chademo adapter for a 2015 model S?

You buy one? :eek:

I wouldn't bother with a CHAdeMO adapter. Just get the CCS one.

• Advertisement

You buy one? :eek:

I wouldn't bother with a CHAdeMO adapter. Just get the CCS one.
    No, just scoping the possibility. I want to have something as if I pick the car up next week it will have to go to cork on the weekend and I don't want to rely on AC charging in cork. No destination charger available. I'm also looking at the price of the MCU 1 to MCU 2 upgrade, I know it can be done with some persuasion and her indoors would like the caraoke feature even if I'm not pushed!!

Am going to see one on saturday morning, p90d, and if it's as good as the photos then I will be buying.

It's the exact color and spec that I had on my wishlist from 4 years ago when I first decided I wanted a model S .

Best of luck with it!

Personally I find buying older Model S a bit too risky at the moment, I reckon their values might drop considerably. But I guess if you can afford to buy the car and will keep it for many years, it doesn't really matter that much.

Edit - I guess this one?

Linky

No, just scoping the possibility. I want to have something as if I pick the car up next week it will have to go to cork on the weekend and I don't want to rely on AC charging in cork. No destination charger available. I'm also looking at the price of the MCU 1 to MCU 2 upgrade, I know it can be done with some persuasion and her indoors would like the caraoke feature even if I'm not pushed!!

Where are you going to and from?

Best of luck with it!

Personally I find buying older Model S a bit too risky at the moment, I reckon their values might drop considerably. But I guess if you can afford to buy the car and will keep it for many years, it doesn't really matter that much.

Edit - I guess this one?

Linky
    Thats #3 on the list, #1 is the red one in Dublin, 10k less but has no ludicrous mode (only insane +)
    At the moment #2 is a m3p - I called Lewis Motors who have one for sale but it's at a price premium on the Tesla ones (understandably). I was willing to pay a premium but they don't offer PCP on it so the repayments are over the psychological 1k barrier

I've been looking at cpo cars but the 2 I was considering from the UK (a very rare S 90 RWD and a 2016 S85D) were both sold within 24 hours of going up, they were ~£35k
    Where are you going to and from?

North meath to a hotel in ballicollig
    Supercharger on the way and there's actually an easygo standard charger a 10 min walk away from destination (in the supervalue) so I'm actually going to be alright if it turns out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

The ~£30k cars seem to be selling like hot cakes. They are only staying online for a few days.

jhegarty wrote: »
    The ~£30k cars seem to be selling like hot cakes. They are only staying online for a few days.

The three I was considering (2* model S <36k and one model X at 55k) all were sold within 2 days or less of hitting the CPO site.

If you could wait a while, there are most likely a lot of Model S coming up for sale far cheaper than they are now over the next few months up to March 2020 in the UK. But of course we could have a brexit at some point where it is no longer viable to import cars from there. Tough choice! But I guess if you have the moneys / finance arranged, you can do what the hell you want. Keep us updated though, I am not jealous at all :(:D

Out of interest, would you not just order a Model 3P from Tesla in Ireland? You'd probably have it in January, or earlier as most UK overstock having gone to Ireland this week seem Ps

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

https://www.irishevowners.ie/category/news/sales/

17 Model S's arrived on Irish shores in September. Certainly gotten to the affordable stage.

If you could wait a while, there are most likely a lot of Model S coming up for sale far cheaper than they are now over the next few months up to March 2020 in the UK. But of course we could have a brexit at some point where it is no longer viable to import cars from there. Tough choice! But I guess if you have the moneys / finance arranged, you can do what the hell you want. Keep us updated though, I am not jealous at all :(:D

Out of interest, would you not just order a Model 3P from Tesla in Ireland? You'd probably have it in January, or earlier as most UK overstock having gone to Ireland this week seem Ps

I've waited 4 years :D think that's enough.
    I'm going to give this chap a call later in the week too
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2016-161-tesla-model-s-70d/22931199

looks to be a CPO car. Anyone know this guy, is he a boardsie or on the Tesla Owners group on facebook (they only let actual owners in so I can't check myself!)

• Advertisement

I'm going to give this chap a call later in the week too
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2016-161-tesla-model-s-70d/22931199

looks to be a CPO car. Anyone know this guy, is he a boardsie or on the Tesla Owners group on facebook (they only let actual owners in so I can't check myself!)

No AP?

Advertisement