Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

Imagine being so sad that you would talk to yourself on a forum, over two different usernames.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Not tonight, P. Knocking the skull open on a few tins of Guinness, while watching the Liverpool game. There was 48 of them for 50 eurons in Dunnes Stores last week. Then throw the tenner off 50 voucher on em. Less than a euro for a can. Can’t complain about that. Might have what caught Maria Bailey. Cheap grog.

That's a bargain and half to be fair Johnny! Must stock up on them.

Obviously I prefer my pints of plain poured by a trained technician in an establishment rated 8 or above by the Instagram Guinness advisor. But have to admit the cans ain't half bad.

I'm stuck in looking after the kids. Missus is put with her witches of friends. Only have vino in the house so working my way through a bottle chateau circle k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

You know what they say about talking to yourself, it's the first sign of madness.

I suppose in this digital world, the same can be said of posting back and forth to oneself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

That's a bargain and half to be fair Johnny! Must stock up on them.

Obviously I prefer my pints of plain poured by a trained technician in an establishment rated 8 or above by the Instagram Guinness advisor. But have to admit the cans ain't half bad.

I'm stuck in looking after the kids. Missus is put with her witches of friends. Only have vino in the house so working my way through a bottle chateau circle k

You never got back to me on whether you were looking forward to pints at Ocktoberfest this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

pablo128 wrote: »
    You never got back to me on whether you were looking forward to pints at Ocktoberfest this year.

Was never a fan of that place to be honest. Went once. Was full of absolute goddaws. Lads called Derek and Dean wearing super dry jackets woefully drunk and dancing on tables. Acting the absolute ****. So no wasn't looking forward to pints at it.

Good lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Was never a fan of that place to be honest. Went once. Was full of absolute goddaws. Lads called Derek and Dean wearing super dry jackets woefully drunk and dancing on tables. Acting the absolute ****. So no wasn't looking forward to pints at it.

Good lad.

Ooooh, they sound like right vagabonds and scoundrels, real ruffians altogether.

Tell me, did any of them fall from the tables due to their own stupidity then shake the organisers/insurance company down for anywhere up to 60k using a govt party TD as a lawyer to initiate the proceedings?

The penny dropped yet Paddy?

Copy Von Bismark/Flash or whatever other B-Tesm posters writing style and catchphrases you wish, compadre, the fact is, there's no moral high ground left for you here to try and camp on "compadre".

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Bump.

That worked :):)

That worked :):)

I thought it was an added sound effect to the thread title :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Leave Pintman alone. I have a new found respect for him after reading about his antics in other threads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Leave Pintman alone. I have a new found respect for him after reading about his antics in other threads!
    Antics! Antics!
    "Antics" is what caused this whole incident to begin with.
    No more antics for anybody in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Marias night out always reminds me of the Sonny Black montage in Donnie Brasco, a bottle in each hand, extortion, injuries, swings water slides and God knows what else ..

https://youtu.be/-R2x4cBMAHY?t=57

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I can only hope and expect, come election time, the amount of meme's that will be shared on social media of bailey. Varadkar can have them too! Eight years of lying about rewarding workers and sorting the housing crisis for these workers . students!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I can only hope and expect, come election time, the amount of meme's that will be shared on social media of bailey. Varadkar can have them too! Eight years of lying about rewarding workers and sorting the housing crisis for these workers . students!

I would go further and say they are lying about nearly everything. And now they want to abolish the tv license and kick off something else that in all but name is another attempt to introduce water charges. The bast***s won’t be happy until they bre@k the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

Concerns over "data protection laws" bulls**t stopped
    this personal injury register for the last 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Received my motor insurance renewal this morning.

Despite 27 years claims free driving, it's gone up again.

I used to blame the insurance companies for this but I now lay the blame solely with Leo and his corrupt friends.

They had the opportunity to sort it but instead they too stuck their snouts in the trough.

Roll on election time..

Anyone but FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

46 years claim free and mine has gone up €130. Rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

46 years claim free and mine has gone up €130. Rip off.

My misses Insurance went up 600€ this year...8 years full licence, no claims...Shopped around but the cheapest was still 210€ up on last year

It's a cartel and the TDs turn a blind eye because taking advantage to line ones own pockets is too easy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    My misses Insurance went up 600€ this year...8 years full licence, no claims...Shopped around but the cheapest was still 210€ up on last year

What reason are the insurance companies giving for the increased premiums?

I think insurance fraud will haunt FG for a long long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

What reason are the insurance companies giving for the increased premiums?

I think insurance fraud will haunt FG for a long long time.

They need the cash to pay for the fine that they will eventually get from the eu after the investigation into the cartel, and to pay for all their sponosorship of everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

It's a cartel and the TDs turn a blind eye because taking advantage to line ones own pockets is too easy.

The alleged cartel behaviour is with Insurance Link (a register of claims and claimants) and restricting access to those who pay to support the register, which is alleged to restrict competition by forming a barrier to new entrants as they need to pay in to have the advantage of the register.

Realistically how could the register be funded if any operator who wanted had free access? They'd all just not pay.

The only alternative to a register that all Insurers that want access pay into would be a public one.

As noted in the link at comment #8506 above the Civil Liability and Courts Act 2004 at Section 30 stated that the Courts Service would create such a register, but it just never bothered as Department of Justice made excuses to avoid stumping up the cash for it.

Therefore the alleged cartel activity appears to be a red herring.

Don't get me wrong, Insurance companies will act like sharks given half a chance. They are part of the finance industry after all. In the US they're given carte-blanche to stiff everyone including their own clients left, right and centre. However in Europe we have pretty strong laws and rules on this, including strong competition law. If there was money to be made in the Irish market the existing Insurers would be getting undercut by competitors coming in. In reality the few who tried this, like Setanta, folded once the reality of the Irish market and it's inordinate liability costs (high payouts, high legal fees, minimal barriers to fraud) hit their balance sheet; and the cost of covering their liabilities was passed onto everyone else. (with the Law Society proudly lobbying and litigating to maximise this burden on the taxpayer)

Almost 9,000 posts and nobody has discussed the likelihood of whether the Dún Laoghaire constituency will be a... "swing constituency" in the next election. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

That's so bad I laughed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I'm kind of wondering how this will play out from here on. If there are no more info drip feeds from the Indo it looks horribly like the limping through to the recess plan by FG may have worked (until the next GE that is)

I hope the Indo does kick it off again in Sept and that they have a few more grenades to lob into the FG camp.

What is Sept going to hold for Bailey in the Dail? She'll be treated like she has the Ebola virus in there.

This will be remembered and referred back to for years to come. It is the perfect example of 'exactly how not to handle a political crisis' I think the reason for the difficultly in handling it is, the fact that Madigan is up to her bits in this. Although, Madigan is "very happy how she was portrayed in the report" that was commissioned by and paid for by FG, who themselves picked the SC to investigate the matter and a report that is to remain private (they hope)

Absolute ****ing sham of a government.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I think the Indo aren't done with this story

Funny enough Leo's master plan to bury the story on the day as Boris Johnson election backfired

The Bailey report was still the main story of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    I'm kind of wondering how this will play out from here on. If there are no more info drip feeds from the Indo it looks horribly like the limping through to the recess plan by FG may have worked (until the next GE that is)

I hope the Indo does kick it off again in Sept and that they have a few more grenades to lob into the FG camp.

I think this will run into September when the Dail gets back. The Indo is holding off for now as they're all on their holidays and they wont give comment. But when they're back the questions will start up again, especially if they know something about Madigan that is not yet public knowledge.

Id also expect FG to be doing internal polling in the Dun Laoighire constituency. If that shows that Bailey hasnt a hope of a seat then Leo will de-select her. Not because she engaged in insurance fraud but because the optics of her losing her seat at election would not be good for the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Cannot argue with much of the above ...details pretty much all that is wrong with FG in my opinion.....well done to the Dean Hotel for having the nuts to stand up to this greedy opportunistic bullying.!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Almost 9,000 posts and nobody has discussed the likelihood of whether the Dún Laoghaire constituency will be a... "swing constituency" in the next election. :p

It's been mentioned more than a few times. They'll get one seat, RRB, possibly Hannafin and then AN Other ( maybe Green or even Labour) or FG retaining the seat via a different candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I think this will run into September when the Dail gets back. The Indo is holding off for now as they're all on their holidays and they wont give comment. But when they're back the questions will start up again, especially if they know something about Madigan that is not yet public knowledge.

Id also expect FG to be doing internal polling in the Dun Laoighire constituency. If that shows that Bailey hasnt a hope of a seat then Leo will de-select her. Not because she engaged in insurance fraud but because the optics of her losing her seat at election would not be good for the party.

Probably not as we have to get ready to deal with Boris and his loony bunch. Someone mentioned a review of FG candidates coming up anyway. The preference would be for her to leave politics voluntarily and they will allow her that out. Someone mentioned a FG candidate review coming soon anyway. If they decide she's a political liability (IMO she is now) and she won't go quietly I'd still expect them to wait until much closer to an election to deselect. Then again she could be hugely popular in DL for all we know!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

is_that_so wrote: »
    Probably not as we have to get ready to deal with Boris and his loony bunch. Someone mentioned a review of FG candidates coming up anyway. The preference would be for her to leave politics voluntarily and they will allow her that out. Someone mentioned a FG candidate review coming soon anyway. If they decide she's a political liability (IMO she is now) and she won't go quietly I'd still expect them to wait until much closer to an election to deselect. Then again she could be hugely popular in DL for all we know!

As has been pointed out in similar threads were we are told 'there are more important issues' we are capable of watching many different things. When it comes to Fine Gael credibility Bailey will be raised.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement