Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red ribbons on trees

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Thread being made "cyclist" again.

Fairness to the cyclists that shouted "red light" at the other cyclists that went through green pedestrian lights. 6+.

Anyway, I would rather be stuck on a bus, watching squirrels jumping between trees than zipping down a featureless concrete ****ole.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Anyway, I would rather be stuck on a bus, watching squirrels jumping between trees than zipping down a featureless concrete ****ole.

Ah stop

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

recedite wrote: »
    How would it not be enforceable?
    If you drive in a bus lane, sooner or later you will be pulled over by a Garda, possibly the one in an unmarked car driving behind you.
    The 3 passengers would be your free pass. Its not exactly rocket science.

You get pulled over. You get issued a 60 Euro fine. You drive on. A lot of the cars you see in those lanes don't care about a 60 quid fine, they depreciate faster then 60 euros a day. And they get caught maybe once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

You get pulled over. You get issued a 60 Euro fine. You drive on. A lot of the cars you see in those lanes don't care about a 60 quid fine, they depreciate faster then 60 euros a day. And they get caught maybe once a month.

€60 per offence, enforced by anpr would be pretty dissuasive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

The hypocrisy of these people is unreal.
    "Save our trees, I care about the environment", now hang on while I reverse my Range Rover out of the drive so I can drop my little tubby to school 1/2 a mile down the road before heading to the airport to fly off to my villa.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

There are people who collect large numbers of parking tickets the same way.

But all this stuff is so easily fixed. Just double the amount of the fine with every ticket. Until the end of the year, then start again next year with a clean slate.
    Where there's a will, there's a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

AMKC wrote: »
    I say save the trees. Don't let them be cut down. Lets chain ourselves to them. Who's with me?

I am.

Save our whoary oaks!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,412 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

recedite wrote: »
    There are people who collect large numbers of parking tickets the same way.

But all this stuff is so easily fixed. Just double the amount of the fine with every ticket. Until the end of the year, then start again next year with a clean slate.
    Where there's a will, there's a way.
    And/or add penalty points to each ticket. 2 points per ticket would add up fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

The hypocrisy of these people is unreal.
    It's just a strategy to keep the outer suburb plebs out. They're happy to have the wealth which comes from having lots of people working, but they are not willing to facilitate them getting to work, or getting home at a reasonable hour, in any way. Tarquin and Seochra don't care about Mary and Pavel who only get to see their kids for 3 hours a day.

It's up to our politicians to have a backbone, but unfortunately they are all pandering to the rich residents of the inner suburbs.

I don't begrudge anybody their wealth as its generally hard earned and they have worked hard to get there, but go live in the sticks if you don't want traffic or capital projects to inconvenience you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I don't begrudge anybody their wealth as its generally hard earned and they have worked hard to get there, but go live in the sticks if you don't want traffic or capital projects to inconvenience you.

yes but not always

lawred2 wrote: »
    yes but not always

That's why I said generally not always

Advertisement